IL - Child, 9, charged in fire deaths of 5 people, Goodfield, 6 Apr 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone in the KA charged with murder discussion group on fb? I just joined to see if there were any locals in there. There is a neighbour and some interesting screenshots from Katrina's fb,just in case anyone fancies a look;)

Is anyone in the KA charged with murder discussion group on fb? I just joined to see if there were any locals in there. There is a neighbour and some interesting screenshots from Katrina's fb,just in case anyone fancies a look;)
I've stumbled upon the group but I never joined because it's private and my Facebook has my actual name, I don't have a fake one so I shy away from joining those groups but I guess I will have to check that one out. Thank you for the heads up!

I've stumbled upon the group but I never joined because it's private and my Facebook has my actual name, I don't have a fake one so I shy away from joining those groups but I guess I will have to check that one out. Thank you for the heads up!

Mine does too but I usually just lurk and gather information lol,and sometimes screenshots that I share not in the main threads;)

Do tell if possible, please, especially for those of us who do not use FB! Thanks! :)
I haven't read all of it, but by the looks of it, the opinions of most of the people posting in this thread are most likely spot on. Lots of generational abuse, neglect and just super gross stuff.

The theory that KA might have actually not been the one to set the fire is also popular there, which doesn't surprise me because the story doesn't make sense.

I'm a little surprised that I haven't seen anything about the new witness over there though.

Many thanks, Lusitana! Interesting opinions -- so glad to hear that others are skeptical, as we are here. I'd love to hear more.
That poor boy. He needs some breaks, a good home situation, and lots of help, love, and positive thoughts and support in his day-to-day life for a good long time.
The world doesn't need another lost child, and he deserves better than he has gotten so far. JMO.
He's still just a little boy.

Many thanks, Lusitana! Interesting opinions -- so glad to hear that others are skeptical, as we are here. I'd love to hear more.
That poor boy. He needs some breaks, a good home situation, and lots of help, love, and positive thoughts and support in his day-to-day life for a good long time.
The world doesn't need another lost child, and he deserves better than he has gotten so far. JMO.
He's still just a little boy.
I agree, this is such a shame. The poor kid has been victimized his whole life, with therapy, love, attention and actual proper care, he might just thrive. Get him in a sports team, have him get tutored if his grades are not great, teach him a language, have him do some community service, etc. These poor kids need to have something to live for, they have to feel like they are needed and part of something, that people care about them, that they're being heard. I'm afraid KA had none of that and his home life was all he knew, which was absolutely terrible.

Yes, all of that -- every human being, young/old, rich/poor -- especially at-risk kids, needs something that s/he can be proud of -- be it academics, sports, the arts, reading, helping others, faith, cooking, etc., etc. This boy has probably had none of that, or probably very little -- from whom would it have come?

Look at all of the attention Mama has received from this sad situation. She tragically lost two babies, a niece, and a boyfriend. And yet, she heroically supports her special needs son, who started this fire.

What a wonderful mother. Sounds just like those other caring Mothers who have Munchausen by Proxy. Not saying that this particular mother has that syndrome. Just noting the similarities.

Look at all of the attention Mama has received from this sad situation. She tragically lost two babies, a niece, and a boyfriend. And yet, she heroically supports her special needs son, who started this fire.

What a wonderful mother. Sounds just like those other caring Mothers who have Munchausen by Proxy. Not saying that this particular mother has that syndrome. Just noting the similarities.
She surrendered her parental rights pretty quickly after the fire.

She didn’t even put up a fight, she just signed it. He’s living with his paternal grandfather.

In hindsight, that was the best thing she ever did to this poor kid, but it’s very telling how she didn’t even try to fight for him.

I’m guessing that his life there after the fire and after she made public that he supposedly did it and was the suspect, was even worse.

His adult cousin, the mother of one of the children that died in the fire, made some pretty concerning statements about Kyle. She wanted him to be punished at all costs.

I think the plan was to make it look like an accident, but since 5 people died, LE investigated and obviously found evidence of the fire being intentionally set.

Honestly, I still believe Kyle was not supposed to survive the fire. If he didn’t do it, the person who did it probably didn’t count on him to be awake and able to get out through a window.

If he did it, the aftermath of the fire did even more harm to him, because they received a bunch of donations and attention. That might give a kid the wrong idea.

It’s pretty clear that the kid needs help and that he has issues, but he is 100% a product of the way his mother raised him. That house was disgusting, the children were dirty, she was dirty and out of her mind.

It was just a matter of time until a tragedy happened.

The fact that she threw him under the bus publicly and identified him as being the suspect bothers me so much. She didn’t have to do it, she could’ve and should’ve just keep her mouth shut and help her son get the help he clearly needed.

I guess that wouldn’t help her being the martyr, the mother who still “cared” for her son even after he killed 5 people, so she had to made it clear that her son did it and look at her, she’s so good for still keeping him around.

We now know that she took the first opportunity to have him removed from her “care” as fast as she could.

She didn’t even put up a fight, she just signed it. He’s living with his paternal grandfather.

In hindsight, that was the best thing she ever did to this poor kid, but it’s very telling how she didn’t even try to fight for him.

I’m guessing that his life there after the fire and after she made public that he supposedly did it and was the suspect, was even worse.

His adult cousin, the mother of one of the children that died in the fire, made some pretty concerning statements about Kyle. She wanted him to be punished at all costs.

I think the plan was to make it look like an accident, but since 5 people died, LE investigated and obviously found evidence of the fire being intentionally set.

Honestly, I still believe Kyle was not supposed to survive the fire. If he didn’t do it, the person who did it probably didn’t count on him to be awake and able to get out through a window.

If he did it, the aftermath of the fire did even more harm to him, because they received a bunch of donations and attention. That might give a kid the wrong idea.

It’s pretty clear that the kid needs help and that he has issues, but he is 100% a product of the way his mother raised him. That house was disgusting, the children were dirty, she was dirty and out of her mind.

The fact that she threw him under the bus publicly and identified him as being the suspect bothers me so much. She didn’t have to do it, she could’ve and should’ve just keep her mouth shut and help her son get the help he clearly needed.

I guess that wouldn’t help her being the martyr, the mother who still “cared” for her son even after he killed 5 people, so she had to made it clear that her son did it and look at her, she’s so good for still keeping him around.

We now know that she took the first opportunity to have him removed from her “care” as fast as she could.

I dont feel that just hitting the like button would do this post justice!.
Brilliant post @Lusitana

I feel awful saying that I agree 100% with your post. Thank you for putting into words what a lot of us have been thinking. :(:mad:

I dont feel that just hitting the like button would do this post justice!.
Brilliant post @Lusitana

I feel awful saying that I agree 100% with your post. Thank you for putting into words what a lot of us have been thinking. :(:mad:
Thank you guys! This case upsets me SO MUCH. I hope Kyle ends up being a great guy, with a bright future. His mother does not deserve him. I hope he's happy and being helped.

Hmmmm. You raise an interesting point that I hadn't even considered, @mickey2942.
MBP -- imagine that. SMH -- something to consider indeed. Provocative. Could be, could be. Maybe no one paid attention to her when she was growing up -- no one to read to her, no one to help her with her homework, no special birthday parties or presents -- no excuses intended here -- but she certainly has figured out a way to get attention in her adult life hasn't she? If indeed that is what happened. Hmmmm. :cool:

Hmmmm. You raise an interesting point that I hadn't even considered, @mickey2942.
MBP -- imagine that. SMH -- something to consider indeed. Provocative. Could be, could be. Maybe no one paid attention to her when she was growing up -- no one to read to her, no one to help her with her homework, no special birthday parties or presents -- no excuses intended here -- but she certainly has figured out a way to get attention in her adult life hasn't she? If indeed that is what happened. Hmmmm. :cool:

Did she, per chance, have a "Go Give Me Money" account? I read recently about a woman who raised over $650,000...

That would be interesting to find out.

Kyle Alwood: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

She did..and only raised about $1,000. Interesting.

Did she, per chance, have a "Go Give Me Money" account? I read recently about a woman who raised over $650,000...

That would be interesting to find out.
Indeed. Would love to know the answer to that one. If I had to bet, I'd bet "Yes," on the account, but I would also bet (and hope) that the fund would not be very large.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther