Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #109

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling that there was something particularly creepy at the crime scene, above and beyond the fact that finding two murdered children would always be horrific.

The “twist” mentioned was probably the video/audio recording.

A source familiar with the investigation described the full recording as "the stuff of nightmares."
Police Release Sketch of Suspect, 5 Months After Murder of Indiana Teens

I know the above quotation has led to many a gruesome theories, and it is a deeply unsettling statement to be sure. However, there's also this statement:

Renner : Is the attack itself on the recording?
Leazenby: Err...No.

The source came from an earlier post by @Spy Versus Spy when I asked about this quote.
[It's from Episode 10 of the Renner series of interviews : Virtually a Detective: Case #101 Delphi. @1m.17s]

Maybe it's my own wishful thinking, but "the stuff of nightmares" doesn't necessarily mean anything extraordinarily creepy or demented. Listening to the girls being led to their deaths is probably nightmarish on its own. We simply don't know.

Maybe it's some kind of breathing apparatus but not intended for him. Someone mentioned nitrous oxide for stamina, but what if it was to disable the girls?
I don't know how to upload a photo or link a page but search under elevated training masks and see if it looks likely. Personally I only saw one photo on the stills from the video that made me think something was covering his mouth

i think 'the twist' is something not released to the public.....something we don't know of yet. we already know about the audio and images, so i feel its something else

i get the feeling its to do with how they were found

didn't LE say 'they aren't how they were left' or something similar....aimed at the perp
In context, DC made that comment with reference to religious belief. I think DC was noting the contrast between the brutal end to the girls' earthly life and their present experience of the afterlife, beyond fear, beyond suffering. At the same time, he might've hoped that, by bringing it up, he might get BG worrying about his own eternal destiny. A long-shot, for sure, but who knows? Maybe BG has just a little bit of conscience left.

In context, DC made that comment with reference to religious belief. I think DC was noting the contrast between the brutal end to the girls' earthly life and their present experience of the afterlife, beyond fear, beyond suffering. At the same time, he might've hoped that, by bringing it up, he might get BG worrying about his own eternal destiny. A long-shot, for sure, but who knows? Maybe BG has just a little bit of conscience left.
This is what I think, too.

If this is inappropriate I am sorry in advance. Could the girls have been drained of blood. I can not believe I typed that.

Without going into graphic detail, anyone who has ever worked in a morgue or funeral home, or has observed preparation of bodies for either can tell you that draining one body of blood and fluids is a time-consuming task. There are certain tools and apparati/equipment needed for such things. Draining two bodies in the middle of the woods would have been stupefyingly ambitious and highly unlikely.

In short... No, I do not think so.

A source familiar with the investigation described the full recording as "the stuff of nightmares."

I know the above quotation has led to many a gruesome theories, and it is a deeply unsettling statement to be sure. However, there's also this statement:

The source came from an earlier post by @Spy Versus Spy when I asked about this quote.
[It's from Episode 10 of the Renner series of interviews : Virtually a Detective: Case #101 Delphi. @1m.17s]

Maybe it's my own wishful thinking, but "the stuff of nightmares" doesn't necessarily mean anything extraordinarily creepy or demented. Listening to the girls being led to their deaths is probably nightmarish on its own. We simply don't know.
I think that's what it was, the girls interaction with BG on the audio. It's chilling to even think about as a parent, let alone hear it. Praying for justice for those two innocent angels.

I think that's what it was, the girls interaction with BG on the audio. It's chilling to even think about as a parent, let alone hear it. Praying for justice for those two innocent angels.

I'm 100% certain as a parent, I'm not emotionally strong enough to listen to something like that involving my daughter. It would be my undoing. I cannot imagine how strong their parents and family are.

you see i don't. i don't think thats what it is at all

Excellent posts today, Rosegold68,

I am agreeing with your previous post, where you said, the "twist" was something not released to the public.

I'm wondering if this "twist" channeled the entire course of LE's initial investigation. They believed in this "twist" and noted it was odd they hadn't seen anything like it in 30 years. (paraphrasing)

It makes one wonder,....... did the April 2019 press conference with its "new direction" ... mark the UN-twisting of their investigation?

(Just my opinion.)

I guess none of us can say at this point what did or did not happen to them. IMO, I think BG ultimately spent very little time with the girls, and probably not only killed them quickly, but then skedaddled.
At some point, we will learn more about the search that evening. I am still on the fence as to whether he took them somewhere, and then brought them back to murder and display them. A good tracker would know almost immediately. However, we don’t know enough about where the children were left to determine more.

I still keep thinking about the proximity to the graveyard, as well as the attack happening just before Valentine’s Day.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I'm 100% certain as a parent, I'm not emotionally strong enough to listen to something like that involving my daughter. It would be my undoing. I cannot imagine how strong their parents and family are.
MOO they are all pretty undone, lots of changes to their lives. MOO they don't dwell on it in their public appearances, but they don't look like they moving on, and probably they can't until justice comes.

you see i don't. i don't think thats what it is at all
And you might be right. That's the thing, none of us truly knows (and probably don't really want to know, either). The whole PC was strange to me, but I do remember DC also saying to the killer that the murder was about power. I interpreted that as BG may have taken their lives in the moment, but he was not the ultimate power (in a religious perspective), and not only were the girls no longer under his power, but someone else had power over him, as well. JMO

At some point, we will learn more about the search that evening. I am still on the fence as to whether he took them somewhere, and then brought them back to murder and display them. A good tracker would know almost immediately. However, we don’t know enough about where the children were left to determine more.

I still keep thinking about the proximity to the graveyard, as well as the attack happening just before Valentine’s Day.

The proximity to the cemetery is bothersome to me, as well. For various reasons.

Last edited:

MOO you reminded me that in my thinking it is a younger assailant.
Thin legs, athletic, athletic bridge crossing, bank climbing, creek crossings, cemeteries, Valentines Day, day off from school and a successful and clever departure from the crime?
Those things all together to me seem like themes for a creepy teen or someone in early early twenties... or of course an older man with abnormally high levels of strength, stamina and some obsessive psychotic disorder he allowed to get homicidal.

Last edited:
I have always thought that classifying the deaths as gruesome and the stuff of nightmares, as well as "how they were left" from the PC refers to really horrific and messed up method of murder. Of course any murder is all of these things, but it's my interpretation that this was very weird.

I wonder if PE had heard things through the grapevine about the unicorn blood thing. I don't believe he is the killer, but he may have heard something through his connections or internet habits.

oh, totally agree that someone else has power of this perp, and has for quite a long time.

And you might be right. That's the thing, none of us truly knows (and probably don't really want to know, either). The whole PC was strange to me, but I do remember DC also saying to the killer that the murder was about power. I interpreted that as BG may have taken their lives in the moment, but he was not the ultimate power (in a religious perspective), and not only were the girls no longer under his power, but someone else had power over him, as well. JMO

The proximity to the cemetery is bothersome to me, as well. For various reasons. From as far reaching as symbolic, to as simple as a hidden convenience, or even a getaway spot.

I think it would have been extremely risky and highly unlikely that he transported them elsewhere, killed them, and then returned to drag and dump their bodies at the park. At night. When there were still people abroad and searching the area. I just don't credit that idea with much weight. In my view, it's much more likely that he killed them there and left them there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member