Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police Departments are stressed enough without that nonsense. It's really too bad that some of these vindictive women can't be charged for harassment for doing such a malicious thing. A waste of resources following up on these "tips" :(

Agree.

Then you have the people who just want to be part of something and will just call in information that they did not hear or see. It's just completely made up.

Considering the mess with those two sketches, do you think it is possible that the first sketch came as a result of a passerby witness with not so good visual memory, who noticed BG´s clothes and his way of heavy- paced moving, therefore deducing he is over 40?

And let´s assume that this "new", second sketch was made according to the testimony of a witness with better visual perception, who has noticed the discrepancy between BG´s real age (20- 30 years) and his phisique and gait?

Maybe that is why the poor girls didn´t recognize him- if he is twentyish, he wasn´t dressed this way. His jeans and jacket appear to belong to someone middleaged.

Was it a deliberate disguise (plus all the things stuffed in his jacket) or is it maybe a sign of a sort- for example, an intelectually or psychically challenged younger man, perhaps homeless, or somehow/ somewhere institutionalized, who depends on charity organizations to find some clothes to wear?

Thinking about the eye color, why is it so unreliable.

If the information is verified by Parabon, I understand how it can be so unclear.

My eye color is grey-blue. No one would mistake it for brown.

Yet all ancestry sites give me "brown". They are not totally off.

The chance of having "blue" eyes with my genotype, they say, is only 5%, so they "go" with more probable version.

So what I probably got (and

What happens IRL?

My dad has sky-blue eyes, recessive genes on both sides.

On my mom's side, her mom had blue-grey eyes, her dad, light-brown (dominant). Mom had a mix (green), this often happens in such cases (it is probably blue-grey with specks of brown that creates this intense green color); her brother has light-brown eyes. Both would have been assigned "brown" by genetic tests.it is what the companies see) is the gene for brown eyes, but in my specific case, the "mix" from mom's and dad's sides produces grey-blue color.

In reality, it is even more complicated,; last time I checked, there were 12 genes coding for eye color, one cancelling the other one. Maybe there are more now, but the companies go with more probable version.

So truly, if the perp's father has brown eyes, and mom, blue, he might have something between grey and green eyes, and in different light, the color might look different. So witnesses might give different colors. Or, like me, he has grey, but the Parabon probably will say, brown, as the chance of "brown" will be much higher, statistically. However, IRL, like myself, he might fall into 5% that is grey.

The genetic companies will "read" your DNA. There are epigenetic factors (something affecting the looks after you were born) that might change the look, and dramatically so.

ETA. Thinking again - blue eyes of the perp. would be more likely if the brown-eyed parent would have a parent with blue eyes, and a parent with brown ones. If brown-eyed parent had two brown-eyed parents, the chance of the perp to have brown, or green, eyes would be higher. I might be wrong from the genetic side, but so it seems so from the observations. Beautiful green eyes may be perceived very differently in different lights, but they are a combo of light brown and blue.

Last edited:
What do you say about his appearance?

If you didn´t know what he had done, would you still find him odd in this video?

With his head positioned downwards and his cautious pace at the end of the bridge, if GH´s reenactment was right, where the bridge is not so high above the ground?

Last edited:
regarding Parabon images - has anyone seen one that actually resembled the real suspect? the ones I've seen look nothing like them

Honestly they seem to be hit and miss to me as far as looking exactly like a suspect.

They do however show distinct bloodline characteristics as well as eye color exact hair color etc

But I’ve seen some real off the wall witness sketches in murder cases as well!

Imo I think parabon obviously is more reliable bc it’s a definitive process

Witness Sketches are only as good as a witnesses attention to details

Ability to relay said details to the sketch artist accurately

And lastly that artists ability to accurately represent the characteristics that the witness is pointing out

Especially the mouth part seems to be always not distinctive enough, IMO.

Yes the Parabon sketches
and the suspects are a good match,
At least as good police artist developed sketches.
Sketches bu themselves themselves are not great for identifying strangers, but people
who have seen or know the suspect see the similarity in the sketch.

If you didn´t know what he had done, would you still find him odd in this video?

With his head positioned downwards and his cautious pace at the end of the bridge, if GH´s reenactment was right, where the bridge is not so high above thew ground?

I would think very little of him in the video if I didn’t know what he’d done. I’d probably be slightly suspicious of his hands and his clothing. My husband has cold hands, so I’d probably conclude his hands were chilled. His clothing I’d find out of the ordinary for a stroll in the park. He kind of gives off flasher vibes. I certainly wouldn’t make the leap to murderer of two girls.

Re Today's LE release:

In the section asking for specific info , it asks for tips to include name/age etc

Then states 'Connection to Delphi'

It cant be an assumption that the perp had a connection to Delphi, ( also stated in the PC) ,albeit maybe a very strong assumption based on deduction, surely? This rules out a lot of people that dont have any connection. Risky.

Therefore, what is it that LE have that they KNOW the perp has a connection?

This is possibly the only thing that Ive seen or heard that makes me feel slightly that LE have some idea who the perp is, rather than a GBI review led , profile driven, start from square 1 reassessment.

All Moo

Considering the mess with those two sketches, do you think it is possible that the first sketch came as a result of a passerby witness with not so good visual memory, who noticed BG´s clothes and his way of heavy- paced moving, therefore deducing he is over 40?

And let´s assume that this "new", second sketch was made according to the testimony of a witness with better visual perception, who has noticed the discrepancy between BG´s real age (20- 30 years) and his phisique and gait?

Maybe that is why the poor girls didn´t recognize him- if he is twentyish, he wasn´t dressed this way. His jeans and jacket appear to belong to someone middleaged.

Was it a deliberate disguise (plus all the things stuffed in his jacket) or is it maybe a sign of a sort- for example, an intelectually or psychically challenged younger man, perhaps homeless, or somehow/ somewhere institutionalized, who depends on charity organizations to find some clothes to wear?

I’ve been assuming that the mess with the sketch was the murderer posing as a innocent witness gave the description of either an imaginary face, or an enemy of his’ Face and thus born a sketch that has now been disregarded. It would maybe explain the line in the press Conference along the lines of ‘you never thought we would change direction’ . JUST MY OPINION but it always crosses my mind that this could be a possibility when the new sketch is questioned.

Edited for spelling

Snippets from @ilovechili 's excellent post in the last thread:
I refuse to call him BTK (not at you, just a thing I do and a name I will not use) because he is the type to get off on that name and think of his notorious fame in his own sick head. ...The worst thing that can be done to him is for him to be forgotten and to feel like a nobody imo and he is.... Like the case here, with names, I think OBG or YBG or BG should be as far as the name goes. If he is a type like Dennis Nobody Dog Catcher Rader, he is waiting for a really memorable name that he hopes goes down in history. You know like Jack the Ripper, Golden State Killer. I get why names are given but I also believe some of these types get off on those names. It is that importance they wanted--gag--because any notice is better than none...

I snipped the post and bolded some of your comments because it made me think of something. Maybe off in left field. It goes back to Supt Carter asking in an early PC "Why Libby, why Abby, why Delphi?". I want to preface this by saying I do NOT believe Delphi is a bad place, rather I am speculating that is how BG perceives it.

So, what if a vulnerable human was not his only target, what if Delphi was too? What if BG did live or work or go to school or have some connection there. Maybe his childhood there was bad. Or he landed there but it wasn't his choosing (a move, a school or job transfer) or it was his choice but ultimately it didn't meet his expectations. Maybe he wasn't esteemed as he thought he should be, or maybe he was trying for a fresh start but his problems followed him. Something has not been right with this person for a very long time. What I'm suggesting is event(s) occurred in Delphi that left him feeling even more powerless, angry and resentful. And through association he blamed Delphi for his escalating misery and downward spiral when in reality it's something inside him. Maybe he wanted or felt he deserved recognition, he wanted to be remembered, he wanted notoriety. But he wasn't getting it through normal channels. And that enraged him.

My point: did these murders serve a dual purpose for him? Were there two targets: human and an entire town? Was he satisfying his urge to kill and getting revenge against Delphi at the same time? Does that answer the 'why Delphi' part? He's not a 'nobody' anymore and he made sure Delphi (his other target) will never forget him. LE says it's about control. He controlled two young girls and took their lives, but he's also manipulated and controlled the emotions and behaviors of an entire town through terror. Just a thought and MOO.

Not related to this case, but THPD is holding a PC right now on 14News.com re: solving a 47 year old cold case. (Pamela Milan—I don’t think she has a thread here). They are discussing the use of Parabon and GEDMatch. I’m at work or I’d try to summarize....
Edited. Terre haute PD, not ISP.

Last edited:
I would think very little of him in the video if I didn’t know what he’d done. I’d probably be slightly suspicious of his hands and his clothing. My husband has cold hands, so I’d probably conclude his hands were chilled. His clothing I’d find out of the ordinary for a stroll in the park. He kind of gives off flasher vibes. I certainly wouldn’t make the leap to murderer of two girls.

Thank you for answering me. :)
This video is all we have and every one of us can deduce something out of it/ see something different, or maybe even similar, in it.

With his head positioned downwards and his cautious pace at the end of the bridge, if GH´s reenactment was right, where the bridge is not so high above the ground?
No, looks like a typical local guy, however if I saw a guy coming across the bridge alone and me being a women I would have to say I would feel uneasy and I would certainly be on high alert.

It wouldn't be a good day for BG if I had been on the bridge...I never go out hiking or jogging without carrying!....Surprise!!!!

Re Today's LE release:

In the section asking for specific info , it asks for tips to include name/age etc

Then states 'Connection to Delphi'

It cant be an assumption that the perp had a connection to Delphi, ( also stated in the PC) ,albeit maybe a very strong assumption based on deduction, surely? This rules out a lot of people that dont have any connection. Risky.

Therefore, what is it that LE have that they KNOW the perp has a connection?

This is possibly the only thing that Ive seen or heard that makes me feel slightly that LE have some idea who the perp is, rather than a GBI review led , profile driven, start from square 1 reassessment.

All Moo
The specific phrase of ‘connected to delphi’ caught my eye too

I’ve been assuming that the mess with the sketch was the murderer posing as a innocent witness gave the description of either an imaginary face, or an enemy of his’ Face and thus born a sketch that has now been disregarded. It would maybe explain the line in the press Conference along the lines of ‘you never thought we would change direction’ . JUST MY OPINION but it always crosses my mind that this could be a possibility when the new sketch is questioned.

Edited for spelling
The witness who contributed to the sketch was a woman.

I've followed this case from the beginning and it's strange to me to see the sudden change in direction in the way it unfolded. Like many I really thought BG was older 40+; I guess initially the voice and then obviously the July 2017 sketch cemented that perception. So it's hard to shake it...

Everyone's talked about the white 'stuff' near the neck of BG. My initial impression is that it was plastic bag handles or rope sticking out of the outer 'blue' coat. Now after the video, I'm beginning to think it might be a cloth scarf/mask (the type that just covers the lower portion of the face below the nose) because of how the white part reveals itself in motion (hard to explain). I actually have a particular one in mind, but not sure I can post images since I haven't made many posts.

Also, a couple of questions (one is really kinda out there).

• Do you think the reason they say they're looking for someone with reddis/brown hair is because of witness/video or something else such as evidence from scene?
  • I almost hate to ask this, but does anyone think there is a possibility that BG is female? In the last PC they used the term 'person' I think almost exclusively. Yes, I know the voice seems low etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member