IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a friend in collage who turned in a murderer. It was a guy her husband worked with. There was a missing young woman in our area, this guy dated her briefly, he was questioned and nothing came of it. One night my friends and the guy were watching Americas Most Wanted, and this guy said something that made my friend really nervous. She told her husband I think he might have killed, ( young woman).

She had her husband spend some time at work, convincing the guy he hated the missing girl, to see if he would tell him and the guy confessed to friends husband. They went to the cops, body was were he said he dumped it. The murder only got 10 yrs.

I only know about it because of the morning my friend came to school shaking and upset. She showed me a letter she got, from officials letting her know that the murder was being released.

It's a pretty scary thing to ID a killer. Most people would probably do the right thing, but I can see why some might be afraid.

Yes and imagine the plight of a family member who depends on the suspect for his/her support and way of life. Why would he/she want to risk losing that way of life and support and have his/her life upended for the sake of two kids he/she doesn't even know? After all, nothing can bring them back, right? Recall Alex Kelly's parents and the way they dismissed the plight of his rape victim. Humans naturally want problems to go away as opposed to making things worse for themselves in the short/medium term.

Riley park in town off Washington Street. Starting point of trail.
1f13a8b65640059769a330ffad0b2e04.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are they still searching for? (Aside from the perp)

nana's photos are fabulous, but would it be out of line to request that when quoting her, you delete out the actual photos? They're WONDERFUL but they're also humongous. Not complaining about the photos themselves, just that them being included in replies is redundant and a waste of forum space.

Im a little suprised they dont have most of that area roped off.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Field from the road, 350 N. Just to the right of this picture of field is the entrance to the bridge (outside of camera frame). The trail back to the bridge runs parallel just on the other side of this woods line. To the left of the picture is the cemetery (outside of camera frame)

19ab6eee4e02696841298231ec4910ac.jpg
7f9992faef2e00d72ca4fe99e28f7a77.jpg
3cd0f77dafdcfeb30bd9a091d489fea8.jpg

1f13a8b65640059769a330ffad0b2e04.jpg

Do you have a photo bucket acct or something like that so we can easily refer back to your awesome photos?

Perplexing that they didn't find the girls that night. Surely they had torches, and the trees have no foliage. I can only guess they didn't want to go down the slope in the dark.

I think that first night, they were looking for live girls who were lost, or even thinking the girls had left and gone to town somehow. Probably a lot of the searching involved calling out to them.

Looking at the park map today, this is where I have been thinking the perp may have parked, if he was in a vehicle that day.

jmopinion, always subject to change.

He could have walked them across that?!?! How immobilizing having cars so close and not being able to get HELP.

This bridge you're showing has nothing to do with the case & they were never suspected to be anywhere near this area.

I'm sorry about the size and clutter of the photos

This bridge you're showing has nothing to do with the case & they were never suspected to be anywhere near this area.

Have LE ever stated at which entrance the girls were left by the family member who took them there?

Thank you you for making the trek and your insights. Very helpful. I, too, thought it was secluded but being wide open changes my thoughts.

Where do I begin? Made the jog to Delphi today. Completely changed everything I had thought and/or envisioned in my head. I live in a small town but this town....super small.

But it's access to the area, right? The perp could've used it. We don't know.

jmopinion

Yes, and LE has made a point of asking people to pay attention to anything suspicious on the Hoosier Heartland Hwy and to let them know if you spotted a hitchhiker or anything out of the ordinary along that highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRios