IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT: Gumbeaux, I recognize your avatar. I love me some gumbo me. I'm from south LA.

Teche, you made me laugh!! I’m only partly from south LA (not the LA most people think of)....but it’s a huge part of my soul. And I’ve seen the Teche many times.... now let’s get justice for these girls!!
:loveyou:

I don't think this interview bodes well for DN. This sounds like a severely dysfunctional relationship. I'm getting a vibe like she's portraying herself as a victim and also attempting to cover her own rear end while stopping short of completely throwing him under the bus. (Prepping for the upcoming custody hearing?) She makes it sound like she was being held against her will when she praised LE for stopping them in Colorado. I'm not buying it. She has developed a pattern of saying she's afraid of him, doesn't want to be near him, she's leaving him, then she's not, then they have another baby, then she's with him, then she's afraid of him again, etc. She went to Colorado and it doesn't sound like she was forced to go or went unwillingly. She's saying they heard about DN's brother's death in May and left a couple weeks later. DN left the motel May 12. So according to her if they learned of the death two week before they left, that would be end of April or very early May, coincidentally right around the time the baby was born. I think the timing for their leaving had to do with waiting till the baby was born, possibly at her insistence, and they left Indiana together a couple weeks later. MOO.

She praised Woodland Park police for stopping her for a broken taillight on Sept. 25, and for eventually arresting Daniel on a weapons violation, separating them. He remains in jail on suspicion of illegal possession of a weapon, menacing, reckless endangerment, attempted trespassing, attempted assault and criminal mischief. He also is accused of failing to register as a sex offender in El Paso County and in Indiana.

"I'm still afraid of him," Katelyn said. "He makes me nervous."

She seems like she is in denial to me.

Especially at the end where she says, "he was a decent dad". Sorry, no decent dad chokes his wife in front of his kids or breaks their mother's nose in front of them.

For the sake of the children, I pray that she finds someone who can show her what a decent dad really is and what a loving husband is.

Denial for sure, and some of her responses were contradictory. DN controlled her life, kept wallet and car keys in his pocket....yet she had the car? Can’t imagine the emotions she’s feeling, but I did find myself reading between the lines.

Whoa - that is a great article. Provides a lot of information, including the reason they left Indiana, according to the wife.

Thanks for posting.

jmo

So were they waiting for the baby to be born before they left? His brother was killed in January.

Jabarn~~~I agree with you~~very disturbing family.

I don't think this interview bodes well for DN. This sounds like a severely dysfunctional relationship. I'm getting a vibe like she's portraying herself as a victim and also attempting to cover her own rear end while stopping short of completely throwing him under the bus. (Prepping for the upcoming custody hearing?) She makes it sound like she was being held against her will when she praised LE for stopping them in Colorado. I'm not buying it. She has developed a pattern of saying she's afraid of him, doesn't want to be near him, she's leaving him, then she's not, then they have another baby, then she's with him, then she's afraid of him again, etc. She went to Colorado and it doesn't sound like she was forced to go or went unwillingly. She's saying they heard about DN's brother's death in May and left a couple weeks later. DN left the motel May 12. So according to her if they learned of the death two week before they left, that would be end of April or very early May, coincidentally right around the time the baby was born. I think the timing for their leaving had to do with waiting till the baby was born, possibly at her insistence, and they left Indiana together a couple weeks later. MOO.

She praised Woodland Park police for stopping her for a broken taillight on Sept. 25, and for eventually arresting Daniel on a weapons violation, separating them. He remains in jail on suspicion of illegal possession of a weapon, menacing, reckless endangerment, attempted trespassing, attempted assault and criminal mischief. He also is accused of failing to register as a sex offender in El Paso County and in Indiana.

"I'm still afraid of him," Katelyn said. "He makes me nervous."

Yes! This! :goodpost:

Denial for sure, and some of her responses were contradictory. DN controlled her life, kept wallet and car keys in his pocket....yet she had the car? Can’t imagine the emotions she’s feeling, but I did find myself reading between the lines.

I honestly don't know what to think or how to interpret her interview. Usually I get a vibe and I go with that....but I honestly don't know this time.

I do know, however, that the article sheds light on DN and his past. Plenty there to analyze.

jmo

Theory #1:
1. Bridge Guy SK or Not: Not sure
2. Local (25 mi radius), semi local (50-75 mi) or non local? Non-Local
3. what age range do you believe he is? 35-50
4. Homeless or not? Not
5. Planned attack or spontaneous? Spontaneous, crime of opportunity
6. Lone wolf or accomplice (s)?[/QUOTE] Lone Wolf

Theory #2:
1. Bridge Guy SK or Not: Not sure
2. Local (25 mi radius), semi local (50-75 mi) or non local? Non-Local
3. what age range do you believe he is? 35-50
4. Homeless or not? Transient
5. Planned attack or spontaneous? Spontaneous, crime of opportunity
6. Lone wolf or accomplice (s)?[/QUOTE] Accomplice - 1

It's interesting she mentions a limp-something wrong with his leg. So many sleuthers said the same about the stills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because in this article, she confirms that he "attempted to choke her," I feel that this matches the charges of "attempted assault," and he probably was forcing his way into her car. Just my opinion. That would probably help her get this divorce quickly and free.

His wife describes Daniel as very controlling, yet she never let him have her car alone? I don't believe that. How did Daniel get to that gas station to expose himself to a women? He drove someone's car and it was likely his wife's car.

Daniel is so controlling he wouldn't let her have HER car keys or money, yet she never let him have her rifle? I don't believe that either.

"I can't tell if that is him or not," Katelyn said. "But the one thing I'm not going to buckle on, he did not have that jacket.

http://gazette.com/menacing-suspect...ts-he-killed-monument-cyclist/article/1613703

It’s all so strange. It is an unfathomable picture to those seeing it without any comparison, but to only dispute the jacket?

All that to say, nothing seems to be coming from this lead, other than the press.

And all of a sudden, he starts throwing out some of his clothes? MOO

"He's had the same clothes pretty much since we've been married," Katelyn said. "He just started throwing out some of his shirts here in Colorado because they had holes in them."

And all of a sudden, he starts throwing out some of his clothes? MOO

"He's had the same clothes pretty much since we've been married," Katelyn said. "He just started throwing out some of his shirts here in Colorado because they had holes in them."

It was really odd that out of the blue, she mentioned him throwing out clothes. That is significant.

The day the teens went missing in Delphi - on Feb. 13 - Katelyn said she believes she and Daniel had attended one of her appointments together. He often skipped work to go with her, she said.
"I think he was there. I can't say what time it was, and there were a couple (appointments) that he didn't go to, but I always had the vehicle," Katelyn said.
http://gazette.com/menacing-suspect...ts-he-killed-monument-cyclist/article/1613703

She can't provide a solid alibi for DN. She is very vague about what time her appointment was on the day the girls were killed and that he missed some doctor appointments.

His wife describes Daniel as very controlling, yet she never let him have her car alone? I don't believe that. How did Daniel get to that gas station to expose himself to a women? He drove someone's car and it was likely his wife's car.

Daniel is so controlling he wouldn't let her have HER car keys or money, yet she never let him have her rifle? I don't believe that either.

I agree with you. However, he apparently drove his then-landlord's truck to the gas station where he exposed himself.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...ss-says-daniel-nations-had-violent-tendencies

I thought it was interesting that while she couldn't say whether or not DN went to the appointment with her, KN was sure that she had the car that day. I remember seeing an interview early on where the police were asking people to report anyone that might have been hitchhiking in the area. I don't remember the source. But, they must have had some indication or suspicion (JMO) that the person was hitchhiking or might not have had a car.

It's interesting she mentions a limp-something wrong with his leg. So many sleuthers said the same about the stills.

How about her saying he has a "southern drawl?!" Many WS peeps have claimed to hear an accent in the "Down the hill" audio of the BG. Someone has to HAVE had played her the recording by now. IMO LE probably told her not to discuss the recording.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

JMO...
The article left me with the impression she had the car while they were separated/she was pregnant with their son; and DN was controlling, kept the wallet and the keys after they got to CO. I read it as an escalation of his behavior after they went out west.
JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members