Found Deceased IN - Heavan Henderson, 21, & Jeremy Danowski, 23, Lapel, 16 Dec 2017

When I heard he bought the gun I thought for certain murder-suicide. Listening to the presser it mentioned the two were together to make the purchase. They dated for years. They were living with relatives...not in college and either unemployed or working a low-end job in an area with not a lot of expected economic prosperity. They were so broke that they had to share a phone. Wonder if a suicide pact is a possibility here? Maybe the phone evidence will yield some answers.

Either that or he just told Heavan that he really wanted to own a handgun for protection.

The bodies were found facedown, per the Sheriff.

Also: Rene Ruiz, Heavan’s mother, commented on the link above.

This is so tragic. Don't you wish you could talk to these two young adults and explain to them it will be OK?

The comment made by Heavan's mother at the link can't be confirmed as in we don't know for certain that is Heaven's mother. Therefore we can't take it as a fact to be discussed.

Unless Heaven's mother or any other relatives comment to the media or hold a press conference to state otherwise this case is, sad to say, closed.

Tricia

The comment made by Heavan's mother at the link can't be confirmed as in we don't know for certain that is Heaven's mother. Therefore we can't take it as a fact to be discussed.

Tricia

The comment made was definitely from Heavan’s mother...

Also, I read a post that Jeremy was vegan because he didn’t want to harm animals, and he wouldnt harm a fly. Then WHY did he purchase a gun????

I am just speculating here, but from what I can gather from their social media. it may have been partially motivated by an increasingly existential worldview - freeing themselves from the ugliness of this planet, if you will. I am not totally convinced Jeremy killed her because she was going to leave him. It doesn't really matter now...these two brilliant people are gone and we are all a little poorer for it.

Three shots to her neck and one to his head...no doubt murder-suicide. I'm very sad for their families. And I'm sad that he was so troubled that he felt the need to bring her to the store to pick out the very same weapon that he knew would be used to kill her in the next couple of days. And it's heartbreaking that he lured her 1.5 miles on foot (in cold weather) to do this. I hope she didn't see it coming and it was fast/painless.

http://via.fox59.com/64Q9y

This is so tragic. Don't you wish you could talk to these two young adults and explain to them it will be OK?

Unless Heaven's mother or any other relatives comment to the media or hold a press conference to state otherwise this case is, sad to say, closed.

Tricia
We know for certain it is her mother. But we can't be certain if she knew for sure since the autopsies had not been done yet.

I'm here to clear up any misunderstandings:

I am a childhood friend to Jeremy, and I considered him my brother, as we were extremely close. That said, I just want to clear up some things as I have access to private information untold to the media (and the media wouldn't care because it clears his name):

Heavan and Jeremy both planned to die, according to notes written by Heavan. Jeremy was always extremely depressed and I believe Heavan wrote that she would rather die than be without Jeremy (or something along those lines). They both had terrible upbringings. I believe Heavan started living with Jeremy in the first place just to escape from home. I spent a lot of time with them while they were living in Indianapolis.

Yes, they were vegan. I tried many times to get them to eat some meat -- but they refused on the premise that animals were abused. They weren't even vegetarians at one point but they chose to go down that path. The meals that were undigested in their bodies when they were found? Their favorite fast food from Lapel. They gave up the diet that day -- an indication that this was their final meal and they knew it.

At their bodies, there was a loaded bowl of cannabis found. They were smokers, I can confirm. This can also explain why Jeremy shot her three times -- since he never used a gun in his life as far as me and my family know, and since he was extremely anti-gun politically. He probably tried to shoot her in an instant spot and failed, so he tried two more times until the deed was done -- all of this while impaired on cannabis.

The place they died was a place they frequently visited together. My parents (who were like second parents to Jeremy) suspect that they died there because they knew that someone who knew that they went there occasionally would look for them there. This was obviously not the case though, since they were found by a passerby on a snow mobile.

Jeremy and Heavan were very good people. They were kind and caring. They also wrote music together and Jeremy was a pretty good guitarist. I loved them both.

As for shooting her from behind -- I imagine she didn't want to know when he was going to shoot her, and so he shot her when she was turned around.

I really hate the fact that the media is smearing his name and attacking him because Heavan's lying mother has always disliked Jeremy from the beginning of when they started dating. And I'm angry that the Lapel Police didn't try hard enough to look for them probably because it was Heavan's mother making the claims -- the same woman who has numerous drug convictions and also bit a cop.

They both decided to die -- and they did. That's what happened, and that's the way it should be reported. This smearing campaign against Jeremy from the media is disgusting.

I am a childhood friend to Jeremy, and I considered him my brother, as we were extremely close. That said, I just want to clear up some things as I have access to private information untold to the media (and the media wouldn't care because it clears his name):

Heavan and Jeremy both planned to die, according to notes written by Heavan. Jeremy was always extremely depressed and I believe Heavan wrote that she would rather die than be without Jeremy (or something along those lines). They both had terrible upbringings. I believe Heavan started living with Jeremy in the first place just to escape from home. I spent a lot of time with them while they were living in Indianapolis.

Yes, they were vegan. I tried many times to get them to eat some meat -- but they refused on the premise that animals were abused. They weren't even vegetarians at one point but they chose to go down that path. The meals that were undigested in their bodies when they were found? Their favorite fast food from Lapel. They gave up the diet that day -- an indication that this was their final meal and they knew it.

At their bodies, there was a loaded bowl of cannabis found. They were smokers, I can confirm. This can also explain why Jeremy shot her three times -- since he never used a gun in his life as far as me and my family know, and since he was extremely anti-gun politically. He probably tried to shoot her in an instant spot and failed, so he tried two more times until the deed was done -- all of this while impaired on cannabis.

The place they died was a place they frequently visited together. My parents (who were like second parents to Jeremy) suspect that they died there because they knew that someone who knew that they went there occasionally would look for them there. This was obviously not the case though, since they were found by a passerby on a snow mobile.

Jeremy and Heavan were very good people. They were kind and caring. They also wrote music together and Jeremy was a pretty good guitarist. I loved them both.

As for shooting her from behind -- I imagine she didn't want to know when he was going to shoot her, and so he shot her when she was turned around.

I really hate the fact that the media is smearing his name and attacking him because Heavan's lying mother has always disliked Jeremy from the beginning of when they started dating. And I'm angry that the Lapel Police didn't try hard enough to look for them probably because it was Heavan's mother making the claims -- the same woman who has numerous drug convictions and also bit a cop.

They both decided to die -- and they did. That's what happened, and that's the way it should be reported. This smearing campaign against Jeremy from the media is disgusting.

Thanks for dropping in and sharing with us.... I'm so very sorry for your loss.

I think that blaming LE for 'not looking hard enough' and 'dropping the ball' is a little harsh. Two consenting adults. No evidence of a crime being committed. They DID conduct a search once the car was located.

No action on LEs part could have prevented this tragedy. None. This falls squarely on the shoulders of the shooter. Only.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

As far as the notes...if/when they are turned over to police I'm sure the reporting will be updated.

I don't think this article has yet been posted. Confirms that Heavan was shot from behind and provides a few more details...

http://www.heraldbulletin.com/news/...cle_8ab7d13c-fe2c-11e7-ac72-136b7930c4ca.html

It also discusses the meal they shared that afternoon. That does make me feel like suicide pact may be a possibility. One last meal before going to end your life at one of your favorite places. Not sure but very, very sad whatever the case.

What a sad ending to two young lives. I'm reserving judgment on how this happened. I hope there is followup if there are notes.

Depression is a *****.

The Madison County Coroner's Office ruled today that the cause of their deaths was a murder-suicide. Henderson was found with three gunshot wounds to her neck and Danowski died of a single gunshot wound to the head.

The couple was found in an embrace, partially covered in snow. A handgun and two shell casings were also recovered at the scene. Officers say the gun was purchased by the couple just days prior to them being reported missing.

The sheriff's office is continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding the deaths of Henderson and Danowski.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/2018/01/20/missing-couple-murder-suicide/1051413001/

If the gun was purchased 'by the couple' ---then maybe she was in on the suicide pact.

I am really having a hard time with this being a mutual decision. Why would she allow him to shoot her in her neck, while he shoots himself in his head? If it was a suicide pact, wouldn’t they both have committed suicide?

“Yea, you go ahead and shoot me, I trust you will shoot yourself after”...doesn’t make sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back