Found Deceased IN - IMAGE discussion re Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi

Status
Not open for further replies.
They never released details about his height or weight, only age range, which is what is so weird and frustrating. You think they could at least release an estimate about his height, weight and build? But who knows...perhaps they have their reasons. And I imagine (and hope) they do!

I do find that really odd, since they could only guess at an apx. age; but height could certainly be estimated fairly accurately. They could even add in a few inches, just to be on the safe side. For instance: If their calculations give them a height of 5 ' 10". They could say he's apx. 5 ' 9" - 5' 11", even if they're 99% sure he's actually 5. ' 10". Why are they willing to pin themselves down to "middle-aged" that can't be scientifically proven, while they won't do the same with height than can be?

What we're seeing here is just a still frame from a fade that occurs in the video at about 24 sec's. So it's a superimposition of two photos. No phantom, IMO, just details from one picture showing through the 2nd picture. If you can, step frame-by-frame through the fade at 0:24 in the video and you'll see what I mean.
I concur. I did exactly what you did and I was able to recreate the fade as well. The weird thing though is when I did it~~it did not change the color of Abby's jacket like it does for that picture that was taken on the ipad that someone posted in the main thread.

I think we are looking at a possible stripe ( dark) on the sidearms of that jacket. Here are the two original ISP pictures:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Here are the same pictures with maxed out brightness showing a possible (black?) stripe (red arrows) on both sides of the jacket. I estimated a center line and a distance A that is identical to distance B. If you shift the white center line, you see A and B changing accordingly. Not a big difference IMO. Also, if you further increase the brightness, there is no shoulder strap IMO to indicate a backpack, unless it is just not visible. Having said that, not sure, if the blue arrow area is clothing or something else:

attachment.php
attachment.php

I'll check it out a bit further.

ALL IMO

-Nin

Hi Nin~~

Thanks for the great pictures!!!

I carry a backpack to work with my laptop and work papers in it. One day when I was getting ready for work and putting on my backpack, I remembered about the possible BG backpack. So, I noted where the strap laid. The strap came only around my shoulder and under my arm. There was very little showing of the strap.

I'm wondering if he had something like a gun case or something like this.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture-Gun case maybe.jpg
    Capture-Gun case maybe.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 248
I concur. I did exactly what you did and I was able to recreate the fade as well. The weird thing though is when I did it~~it did not change the color of Abby's jacket like it does for that picture that was taken on the ipad that someone posted in the main thread.

I missed that in the main thread. Roughly how long ago was that? I'll try and find it.

MOO is the bulk makes BG look a lot bigger than he is, girth wise. The arms just don't seem proportional, especially the right one, with the arm bunched up as it is.

That could be a XXL jacket from Rural King or whatever store, hiding a lot of stuff, including a backpack turned around to the front.

There are several locations of Urban Armour in IN. I gave jackets a cursory look at their website, to an avail. There are four locations in IN. They also sell trail shoes. I have not checked their outlet stores. Maybe someone else will search their site, if interested. My thanks to any and all who make the attempt.

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us

I missed that in the main thread. Roughly how long ago was that? I'll try and find it.
Oh last night. But, it looks the same as one of WebSights pictures upthread~~I believe the 3 one down by memory (which isn't the greatest these days)

Sorry, WebSight didn't see your pictures before I posted. Great work by the way!

If you scroll back a few pages on this thread you will see the sheriff wearing a very similar jacket as BG. So I'm thinking they are local to that area.

I can find some sorta similar online by just googling "mens blue shell with snaps" and looking at google images.

Here is the link to the Sheriff's green jacket that is similar to BG blue jacket.

http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_a3bb947c-3382-11e7-8cf5-fbb2566d426d.html
First thing I noticed was the white on the inside of the sheriff's jacket. Since the image of BG is not clear, could that possibly be the white "handles" that look like they are popping out of the jacket?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

If you look closely at the black upright (thin) rectangle on his left shoulder - an area which is completely black in other photos seems to be enhanced by being made transparent. There are two striations on the rectangle that look like the grooves of a the part called a muzzle brake on the end of a high powered rifle.
Hi WebSight!! :seeya:

Yes, it does and thank you so much for going back and looking at it.

I'm curious on the ABC News Pictures I posted, would love to hear Michael's take on that picture from the video. With it being essentially a black and white~~I see other things there, like on the left sleeve. I also see either earphones or perhaps a headset on the light side of (my left hand side) of his head. I also see something that extends over his hat.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I think we are looking at a possible stripe ( dark) on the sidearms of that jacket. Here are the two original ISP pictures:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Here are the same pictures with maxed out brightness showing a possible (black?) stripe (red arrows) on both sides of the jacket. I estimated a center line and a distance A that is identical to distance B. If you shift the white center line, you see A and B changing accordingly. Not a big difference IMO. Also, if you further increase the brightness, there is no shoulder strap IMO to indicate a backpack, unless it is just not visible. Having said that, not sure, if the blue arrow area is clothing or something else:

attachment.php
attachment.php

I'll check it out a bit further.

ALL IMO

-Nin
Imo
The black stripe starts at the top of his head/hood and continues down. I believe this is just shadow on a moving person. It doesn't mean he was carrying anything on his back however.

Sent from my Commodore 64

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, there is a good chance that BG looks shorter and fatter in one ISP image compared to the other ISP image because the image was cropped from different locations within the camera's field of view. Without going through too much technical mumbo jumbo, and not knowing the phone model that Liberty (or Abigail) used to record the video, we can still be sure there is some amount of distortion as an object moves towards the edge of the camera's view.

I mocked up BG on the bridge in CAD, and rendered (1) once with the camera centered on BG and (2) once with BG at the right edge of the field of view. The camera model I assumed in the CAD software was a simple pinhole camera model with a field of view similar to an iPhone turned on it's side.

Below is the result. What do people think? Someone might have already mentioned this, if so, I apologize for being repetitive :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• distortion.PNG
    distortion.PNG
    258.3 KB · Views: 385
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, there is a good chance that BG looks shorter and fatter in one ISP image compared to the other ISP image because the image was cropped from different locations within the camera's field of view. Without going through too much technical mumbo jumbo, and not knowing the phone model that Liberty (or Abigail) used to record the video, we can still be sure there is some amount of distortion as an object moves towards the edge of the camera's view.

I mocked up BG on the bridge in CAD, and rendered (1) once with the camera centered on BG and (2) once with BG at the right edge of the field of view. The camera model I assumed in the CAD software was a simple pinhole camera model with a field of view similar to an iPhone turned on it's side.

Below is the result. What do people think? Someone might have already mentioned this, if so, I apologize for being repetitive :)

attachment.php
Great work. Thank you for posting this.

Could it be worked out where L was filming from ( e.g. from a side platform I think it was mentioned) so we can work out where in the field of view the figure was captured? At present it seems we don't know which is the more accurate do we? The centre of the field of view I would imagine based on michael's view (the thinner image?)

attachment.php

That might make a difference, but I think all 3 pictures were within moments of each other in the video so the field of view should be close to the same. That doesn't mean the camera/phone couldn't have moved quickly enough to make your thought possible.

My impression has been that the image size was altered, but the ratios weren't locked. It looks like the width was increased by a larger percentage (or number of pixels) than the height was, or height was decreased by more than the width was. MOO

Unfortunately, there are so many things that can go wrong that it's sometimes hard to determine exactly what caused a problem. Unless I'm the one taking the picture, then it's almost always user error (not that people really don't have heads!)

I think there is a very specific feature on the POI/BG's jacket. It shows best in the recently detected third frame possibly due to not being sharpened to death.

Here is the original frame from the IFC poster, enlarged/resampled:

attachment.php

Here is the same image cautiously ran through a few B&W programs and enlarged/resampled. There is possibly a flap or something on his left side of the jacket. I think it is also partially visible on his right side:

attachment.php

(That spot underneath his cap/hoodie/hair looks like a shadow by the way. I do not think it's sunglasses.).

All IMO

-Nin

Attachments

• ONE.png
    ONE.png
    178.4 KB · Views: 356
  • ONE processed BW gray program details cla.png
    ONE processed BW gray program details cla.png
    338.1 KB · Views: 354
I think there is a very specific feature on the POI/BG's jacket. It shows best in the recently detected third frame possibly due to not being sharpened to death.

Here is the original frame from the IFC poster, enlarged/resampled:

attachment.php

Here is the same image cautiously ran through a few B&W programs and enlarged/resampled. There is possibly a flap or something on his left side of the jacket. I think it is also partially visible on his right side:

attachment.php

(That spot underneath his cap/hoodie/hair looks like a shadow by the way. I do not think it's sunglasses.).

All IMO

-Nin

Thanks again Nin!!!

What really stands out to me is a black spot on his right knee that I hadn't noticed before. Maybe he is a mechanic, construction worker? It looks like a grease spot from kneeling down on something anyway.

Yeah, I had similar thoughts.
:)
d56f2e293aca0a51c22668e73ff1ba62.jpg

Very similar.

It looks like BG's jacket is cheaper and has snaps down the front.

Just playing around on Google image search, tonight.

Very similar.

It looks like BG's jacket is cheaper and has snaps down the front.

Just playing around on Google image search, tonight.
I agree...BG's jacket appears to be cheaper/different material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member