Found Deceased Ireland - Tina Satchwell, 45, Youghal, Co. Cork, 20 March 2017 *arrest*

Re the fish.
I searched online for the weekly brochure Aldi.ie for special offers on fish on Monday March 20. I did not locate it, but I reckon it is likely to be there.
Friday March 17 is a big national holiday in Ireland.
What kind of fish could she have allegedly required?
Its about a 30 minute drive each way, allowing for 30 minutes at a stretch in Aldi, what did he do for the next 30 minutes?
Media reports he was gone for about 2 hrs.

The fish detail is something that's really bugged me. I had a "walk" on google maps when the suitcases were found and that Tesco looks massive. I'm sure it would have a much better selection of fish than an Aldi would. I know Aldi is cheaper but any savings you'd make going to Aldi instead of Tesco would be wiped out by the cost of petrol driving all that way there. I just don't understand why he'd drive all the way there for some fish. If he went to Aldi to do a big shop that day it would make more sense but he specified it was a handful of items he was getting.

The fish detail is something that's really bugged me. I had a "walk" on google maps when the suitcases were found and that Tesco looks massive. I'm sure it would have a much better selection of fish than an Aldi would. I know Aldi is cheaper but any savings you'd make going to Aldi instead of Tesco would be wiped out by the cost of petrol driving all that way there. I just don't understand why he'd drive all the way there for some fish. If he went to Aldi to do a big shop that day it would make more sense but he specified it was a handful of items he was getting.
Monday is not a day for fresh fish in Ireland anyway, is it.. boats dont go out at weekends?
where was car parked? Just outside house or a bit further away? Any access to car from rear of house?
when was Fermoy house sold and what figure did it sell for? Daft should have a record if we had address.
https://touch.daft.ie/price-register/cork/youghal?min_price=25000&max_price=5000000&pagenum=3

I cannot see Grattan St sale on this list though. Heres another sold list for Youghal
http://propertypriceregisterireland..._front_strand_youghal_co_cork_ireland-211714/
Possibly on myhome.ie site?
Wondering about the money in the house.. possibly they received part cash payment for house in Fermoy?

was there any history of gambling?
Did he serve his prison sentence in Ireland or UK?
Did anybody else ever hear her crying, see her crying? She must have had friends that knew her well.. this is Ireland, everybody knows everything about everybody!! LOL
The redfM article was excellent, but need more, much more.. Perhaps they would step up again, interview her friends acquaintances..in depth?
Did either of them use social media, dating sites?
a Monday morning in March after a bank holiday weekend, would have been a lot of people around still.. people who travelled there for the celebration.. Weather was not great..
Its the strangest thing, more for its gaps in info than anything..

I've never seen an Aldi with an actual fish counter. It's just pre-packaged fish they stock so the day he went to get fish wouldn't really matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never seen an Aldi with an actual fish counter. It's just pre-packaged fish they stock so the day he went to get fish wouldn't really matter.

Did he state what other items he was getting at all in any interviews?
Also when he returned and she was not there, he thought she might have gone for a walk? Without the dogs??
The 4 day wait in incomprehensible..stating she had cried all night Christmas Eve, 3 months beforehand is not part of the story of her departure. Yet he mentioned it as though it was. Lots of people are sad at Christmas time, missing loved ones etc..
this was March.
He paints himself as a loving adoring husband, a perfect man in every way..
His comments about her loving herself and that he loved her for that too.. did she dress and use make-up to please him? Is he a controller?
'She didnt want children'. He said.
What exactly had been going on between them up to her disappearance that made him 'unsurprised' by it?
No history of DV that we know of..
I wonder how their neighbours in Fermoy would describe them?
Lots of questions but no answers..

Did he state what other items he was getting at all in any interviews?..

I'm sure a couple of other items were mentioned in an interview at one stage. Pet food I think. I'll try and find a link.

I'm sure a couple of other items were mentioned in an interview at one stage. Pet food I think. I'll try and find a link.
I wonder whether LE (Gardai) procured the CCTV camera footage from Aldi for the day he says he went there?

Yes they most certainly would have checked this.
I saw a report stating she had last been seen on Sunday.. I assume it meant by somebody outside of the home. I think might be an Irish Indo report which did not qualify the statement.
I wonder whether anybody else saw her on the Saturday or the Sunday?
So many strangers in town that weekend....

She was seen by lots of people at a boot sale that weekend.

She was seen by lots of people at a boot sale that weekend.

Sorry for all the Q's.. Was there an Aldi in the town of the car-boot sale? aldi is open on Sunday.

Was his car checked by forensic experts? I assume they had been granted a search warrant for the home? On what basis was this granted? Were cadaver dogs included in this search? Were any forensic pathological samples taken?
Seems strange that they only took a hairbrush following discovery of suitcases, as per most recent redfm interview with Paul Byrne? For DNA testing.. makes one think they had not previously obtained it, I wonder why?
Do the Gardai even use blood spatter experts here?
If she died at home, at his hand, the only way he could have moved her body is with his car.. Did he, or not?

Some great questions, Kitty. I don't think we have the answers to most of them.

IIRC RS was working when his house was searched, so I assume his car wasn't there. I'd like to think his car has been searched though.

Is there a cap on benefits in Ireland if you have a certain amount of savings?

I'm really struggling for reasons to have €26k in cash in your house.

is this accurate?
he stated he does not drink on first redfm programme.

The couple met in England but were living in Fermoy, Co Cork, until their home was wrecked by floods.
They bought a house in Youghal about 18 months ago and handyman Richard has been doing it up.
https://www.thesun.ie/news/1250468/...home-suprise-hes-planned-for-her-return-home/

Also this makes no sense, from same article
“I think Tina was under pressure for some time as she left debts behind. One ran into thousands with a catalogue clothing company.

He said they used to do car boot sales which netted them about €200 to €300 a week and they also had some money over from the Fermoy home sale.
He said: “I spotted suitcases gone, the cash box was open and money was gone. Then I got the jitters.

Some great questions, Kitty. I don't think we have the answers to most of them.

IIRC RS was working when his house was searched, so I assume his car wasn't there. I'd like to think his car has been searched though.

Is there a cap on benefits in Ireland if you have a certain amount of savings?

I'm really struggling for reasons to have €26k in cash in your house.
Depends on the type of benefits they were receiving. I have not seen it reported that they were receiving disability payments, yet she never worked after her training.
I wonder why.
Its possible they were hoarders, buying compulsively, needing money constantly, unplanned buys.. not sure.
E26k is not a lot for 2 of them to have.. especially when they were having house redecorated.. possibly paid cash to builders, see Sun link re that.
https://www.thesun.ie/news/1250468/...home-suprise-hes-planned-for-her-return-home/

[FONT=&quot]He said this was the proceeds from a sale of a house in Fermoy, which the couple shared for 18 years before they downsized to another property at Grattan Street in Youghal, where they have lived for the past 13 months.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]He said the reason there has been no activity on her bank account is that she let it lapse.

[/FONT] http://www.irishexaminer.com/irelan...husband-of-missing-tina-satchwell-453729.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back