JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, he punched an attorney. Not good. Cops were going to be called. Not good. I think JM knew he was in trouble, not so much that he was sorry that he punched the guy. Though, yeah, even a SK could be sorry for a stupid reaction like that, impulse reaction. The fact is, he did this all in an enclosed arena, where he knew he was going to be held accountable. When he attacked the women he did, there was no one around and he was going to make sure that there would be no charges. I really think there are some more victims out there.

His coworkers reported that JLM seemed down and kept to himself directly after the weekend of Sept. 13th. Whether this was due to remorse, fear of getting caught, or some combination thereof, is anyone's guess.

Ultimately, what stands out above and beyond any momentary regret, is that none of his offenses kept JLM from repeating his actions. He was accused of 2 rapes in college, but that did not push him to change his ways. No, we know his behavior escalated instead (Fairfax rape w/DNA match.)

As I tell my kids when they misbehave — I don't want to keep hearing how "sorry" you are; prove it by changing your behavior.

I am sure people identified him on the surveillance video at the mall, but that is not how Longo phrased it. Longo said the investigation led them to the car, and the car led them to JM. But that doesn't make sense to me. :thinking:

That almost sounds like they had a description of JLM and a description of his car. How did they locate his car? Perhaps they DO have it on other video from places he passed that night.

In regards to some of your comments you need to understand a little bit about the culture of Cville. For one it would have been easy to identify him by name by any number of people who could have seen him downtown. He was a local, he frequented the bars, the other locals who also frequented and worked at these bars would have known his name. Its that kind of town. Same people going to the same places.

To regarding type of serial killer. Now this of course is just my opinion, but I think Cville itself could have perhaps given him the motive to commit these crimes, as well as the insulation to get away with them. I don't see him as a big planner, I see him as more of an act on impulse. The dates seem to suggest he gets more violent impulses in the fall, which could point to motive....(maybe he didn't get the girl he wanted, and it coincided with a big football loss....just an example). Perhaps loss could trigger need for control? Maybe it coincides with things in his personal life too....parents divorce? Dad getting in trouble? Abuse? Things he also felt out of control of? Who knows! But it could be chilled very bubble-like, tight lipped culture could have given him the anonymity to evade LE, and hide in plane site. All while people still may have had odd suspicions, they would have seen it as none of their business.

Gotcha. I never heard it mentioned here if anyone sleuthed him on POF. I would check right now but I'm at work.

Did he ever post on any forums (outdoors, fishing, etc) ? Social sites. . .snap chat, ask, kik, etc. How about something a little darker like AFF or Fetlife? And finally, I would be shocked if he wasn't viewing violent *advertiser censored* in some way. Something on the dark web perhaps?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

That almost sounds like they had a description of JLM and a description of his car. How did they locate his car? Perhaps they DO have it on other video from places he passed that night.

That's the million dollar question we've been wondering for so long. What happened after Tempo?!

Did he ever post on any forums (outdoors, fishing, etc) ? Social sites. . .snap chat, ask, kik, etc. How about something a little darker like AFF or Fetlife? And finally, I would be shocked if he wasn't viewing violent *advertiser censored* in some way. Something on the dark web perhaps?

I can't imagine that he didn't. And, I can't imagine that no one here has checked into this. But, I will have a lot of time this weekend and I'll look into your suggestions. It may also be that Camblos took down his profiles, although, I would think if that's the case, he would have deleted JM's FB account.

That's the million dollar question we've been wondering for so long. What happened after Tempo?!

Let's hope they made some connection before any video recorders erased their recordings from that night. Hannah was capture on video at multiple places so it would seem possible his car was, too.

I can't imagine that he didn't. And, I can't imagine that no one here has checked into this. But, I will have a lot of time this weekend and I'll look into your suggestions. It may also be that Camblos took down his profiles, although, I would think if that's the case, he would have deleted JM's FB account.

I think a lot of us have tried but came up empty handed. The lack of a user ID for him is conspicuous. I'm sure he had one or a few. He took steps to hide them though. Which is exactly why it drives me nuts. What was he hiding?

I think a lot of us have tried but came up empty handed. The lack of a user ID for him is conspicuous. I'm sure he had one or a few. He took steps to hide them though. Which is exactly why it drives me nuts. What was he hiding?

Hiding could be as simple as posting on sex or dating sites while having a girlfriend in a small town. Or, it could mean worse, which is what you're implying. But, I think a lot of people, to a certain degree, try to remain as anonymous as possible on the internet. I think he did his darker things covertly, and his "regular" life was left wide open to the public, such as the fact that he STILL has a MYSPACE account...!!

I agree with TheBunk.

He was remorseful because that is what the situation required to keep his DNA from being taken. IIRC it was when the guy got his phone out to call the police that JLM basically flipped and punched him to get the phone out of his way. Almost like the word police was a trigger and he just snapped.
I really wasn't convinced that they had found Hannah, but now I am. I really hope they found other remains too though, so that some other families can finally get some kind of resolution.

Absolutely agree! JM must be one heck of smooth talker to convince the attorney to not press assault charges and then accept a ride to the hospital.

Hiding could be as simple as posting on sex or dating sites while having a girlfriend in a small town. Or, it could mean worse, which is what you're implying. But, I think a lot of people, to a certain degree, try to remain as anonymous as possible on the internet. I think he did his darker things covertly, and his "regular" life was left wide open to the public, such as the fact that he STILL has a MYSPACE account...!!

My girlfriend has a MySpace that she can't get rid of. She didn't use it for ages and then forgot the password and email address so the page is still there, suspended in time. It could be the same with JM.

He seems to be known as JL by many people and his Facebook uses the same name. I tried some searches along those lines with no luck. His MySpace shows him playing a video game so that would be a possible interest to search for (I found a jlmatthew gamer account but nothing of interest or even proof it was his). He obviously likes football and reportedly fishing. I even tried searching for something with the phrase "taxi" since some old post might mention driving one. I figure he's out there but we just haven't stumbled across that magical email address or user name.

Hmm, perhaps something motivational? We know he had that sort of posters in his apartment.

My girlfriend has a MySpace that she can't get rid of. She didn't use it for ages and then forgot the password and email address so the page is still there, suspended in time. It could be the same with JM.

He seems to be known as JL by many people and his Facebook uses the same name. I tried some searches along those lines with no luck. His MySpace shows him playing a video game so that would be a possible interest to search for (I found a jlmatthew gamer account but nothing of interest or even proof it was his). He obviously likes football and reportedly fishing. I even tried searching for something with the phrase "taxi" since some old post might mention driving one. I figure he's out there but we just haven't stumbled across that magical email address or user name.

Hmm, perhaps something motivational? We know he had that sort of posters in his apartment.
Ooh, it's LJ, not JL. Will you try searching that way? Interesting about the MySpace thing and your girlfriend.

Absolutely agree! JM must be one heck of smooth talker to convince the attorney to not press assault charges and then accept a ride to the hospital.

A lot of people have temper issues, and will give someone a pass on something like this. They don't want to go to court either. My son was involved in a minor issue and he had to go to court several times which was a real pain, and then you never know what the judge or DA would do. You may well not even get back your hospital costs or damages in the end. Or have to sue for the civilly. Lawyers would particularly understand that and would be glad to get the billls paid and move on.

Ooh, it's LJ, not JL. Will you try searching that way? Interesting about the MySpace thing and your girlfriend.

I just typed it wrong here. Sorry. I was searching for LJ. Hmm, perhaps JLM would be another way to search?

We can see his Facebook friends. It may be possible to locate them on other sites and he'd be among their friends there.

Considering JLM history, and reported cases of rapes in college...I can't help but wonder if he might be someone who really changes with too much alcohol. I knew someone like this in college. Quiet docile guy, friends with everyone, but when he got to this certain point of drunk, he would just change. It didn't happen every time he drank. But he would drink enough, and it was like he would just be in this preditor mode. Sexually aggressive etc. I was victimized by him as a freshmen but the people there just assumed we were both drunk and fuzzy, and it couldn't be because I was describing someone none of us knew. To the point I even questioned myself. It wasnt till senior year that another male friend found him cornering me, and finally realized what I'd said all those years ago had been true. In all honesty it was awkward. And when my male friend called him out on his behavior the following day when he was sober, this "drunk predator" was totally stunned and embarrassed by his behavior. It really was as if alcohol had flipped a switch in him. I wonder if JLM is similar in this regard. Ill admit I was still friends with this kid even after he did that stuff to me, because all my friends where, and it was easier, and no one new this other side. So I guess I can see how maybe JLM coud have operated similarly, and why maybe even people who knew him, and new he had a darker side, chose not to believe it coud be this bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stupot77