JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

He probably already knew there was a sketch out there. I think he would have looked up the Fairfax news in the months after the 2005 attack, and therefore knew the victim was alive and had made a sketch. He maybe started changing his appearance in subtle ways after killing Morgan just incase the cases should be linked. Then once they were linked and the sketch was circulated in Charlottesville, and people commented on it looking like him, maybe he panicked and couldn't change his appearance subtly anymore, he had to go all out.

Or maybe I am giving this "slow" guy too much credit. But then, he has evaded being caught for a very long time. I don't think he is slow at all.

According to Coy Barefoot's article he made quite the spectacle of himself that night. I think several people probably came forward.

ThinkHard, are you certain that's JLM? That just doesn't look at all like him, IMO. The nose on this person is very small and his lips don't look at all like JLM's do either. I know you said this person was a customer at the bar where you worked back then, but are you certain it was JLM? No offense meant by my inquiry, this just looks like a different person, plus the fact that according to close friends of his, he shouldn't have had dreads back then. Thanks for your time.

I am sure people identified him on the surveillance video at the mall, but that is not how Longo phrased it. Longo said the investigation led them to the car, and the car led them to JM. But that doesn't make sense to me. :thinking:

Didn't the WG lead them to JM.

My hunch is that one if his neighbors called in that they recognized him from the video but they did not know his name.

Really? I wouldn't have been able to pick anyone out of those surveillance videos. I'd have had to have been there or seen something to cue me in.

ThinkHard, are you certain that's JLM? That just doesn't look at all like him, IMO. The nose on this person is very small and his lips don't look at all like JLM's do either. I know you said this person was a customer at the bar where you worked back then, but are you certain it was JLM? No offense meant by my inquiry, this just looks like a different person, plus the fact that according to close friends of his, he shouldn't have had dreads back then. Thanks for your time.

I agree he looks distorted in the photo, but that has more to do with editing his head out in a crowd of people. He is also moving in the picture, and has a goofy grin, which we see him straight faced in most other photos. All I can tell you for certainty is that he came into the bar I worked in, I've spoken to him, he was a regular, I did not know him well. At the time I knew him, that's what he looked like. To the best of my ability/recollection, the man in that photo from that party and the LJ that came into the bar, and would chat with one of the managers are one and the same.

Additionally, an article floating around here, has a photo from April 2010 of him, with his hair looking similarly.

I have seen what the friends have reportedly said in the media.

Make what you want of the information. I'm confused by it all. And I'm also really creeped out. I never would have thought of this guy ever again in my life. He's just not one of the people I would have remember from my time living there. Then out came the photos, it was creepy to think...

I agree he looks distorted in the photo, but that has more to do with editing his head out in a crowd of people. He is also moving in the picture, and has a goofy grin, which we see him straight faced in most other photos. All I can tell you for certainty is that he came into the bar I worked in, I've spoken to him, he was a regular, I did not know him well. At the time I knew him, that's what he looked like. To the best of my ability/recollection, the man in that photo from that party and the LJ that came into the bar, and would chat with one of the managers are one and the same.

Additionally, an article floating around here, has a photo from April 2010 of him, with his hair looking similarly.

I have seen what the friends have reportedly said in the media.

Make what you want of the information. I'm confused by it all. And I'm also really creeped out. I never would have thought of this guy ever again in my life. He's just not one of the people I would have remember from my time living there. Then out came the photos, it was creepy to think...

ThinkHard, thank you so much for your reply. It makes sense. I can't even begin to imagine how shocking it must be to see his face in an all new light.

Sorry if these are repeats.

14wvjvm.jpg
2lllrly.jpg

I wasnt referring to the sketch. I was referring to people who would have seen him with Hannah the night she disappeared. I was saying if he was bar hopping at the downtown mall that night, and people saw him with Hannah....any number of people who would of seen him in the area that night would have known who he is....by that I mean, a local out at the downtown mall on a Saturday night....it would be very unlikely they didn't run into anyone they knew.

Oh, I agree with you. Even without the surveillance tapes of JM running into Hannah, I think LE would have found out quickly enough that someone of Hannah's description was was with JM. The tapes made it easier.

I was referring to the the sketch that was released in Charlottesville after the connection was made between Fairfax and MH, and how though the sketch would not make anyone who knew JM think about calling LE when it was circulated. I think it takes another piece of info to process someone you know is a person on one on fthose posters.

That almost sounds like they had a description of JLM and a description of his car. How did they locate his car? Perhaps they DO have it on other video from places he passed that night.

I am sure people identified him on the surveillance video at the mall, but that is not how Longo phrased it. Longo said the investigation led them to the car, and the car led them to JM. But that doesn't make sense to me. :thinking:

On that note, I have a question, which goes back to mid-September. How did law enforcement identify Jesse Matthew by name? Did bar employees or patrons recognize him from the videos? Did he use a credit/debit card for his bar tab? I never got that part straight.

The above quotes are backwards in order of appearance on this thread but this is in reply to all of them;

Here's a press conference http://youtu.be/2zEwZzxbZyA on 9/19/14

Chief Longo and Jim (I forget his last name) spoke of where the investigation was at. They described JM in the video as a POI but did not name him because he wasn't charged with anything. Longo says POI's car was parked on 4th. Longo described JM's car asking for tips if anyone saw it at all the night Hannah disappeared, he believes Hannah got in the car.

Jim comes on at 7:22 and gives a rundown of events. He says witnesses put them in Tempo Restaurant where he bought alcohol. Within 15 minutes they left the restaurant and they know his car was seen leaving the area on video. We have every reason to believe Miss Graham was in that vehicle.

So while they had released some video to the public, they did not release all video to the public. Maybe they have video of Hannah getting in the car, I hope.

P.S. They had received over 400 tips at that point.

Wrong link? I didn't see a confirmation and the article is from the 20th.

It comes up for me? This is posted on HLN Dr. Drew's page. This was the title of the link coming up on my fb feed from Dr. Drew's page:

Dr. Drew HLN
25 mins ·
Officials confirm human remains found in Virginia are those of missing UVA student, Hannah Graham.
Background: on.hln.tv/6ytHIQ ‪#‎HannahGraham‬

I haven't seen these before. Thank you for posting them. Do you know when they were taken?

These are from his MySpace page linked to upthread. These particular photos are not dated, but they are in an album with a picture dated June 09, 2007 where he looks the same, so it's fair to assume they were taken around the same time frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiouscanadian