Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.15.17 - Day 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=&quot]Schlatman takes Lockhart through a number of Millard's vehicles. A convertible Cadillac, Suzuki hatchback, 1970s Nova, dark blue GMC Yukon, and some construction vehicles including a red Dodge, and a white Chevy van[/FONT]

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
"Sometimes you saw him, sometimes you didn't," Schlatman says of #Millard, who gave him all his instructions. Waterloo hangar had a couple of airplanes, a helicopter, a few cars and trucks. Maybe 10-12 vehicles. Did they belong to MillardAir? Schlatman isn't sure.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
"I knew them as Dell's vehicles," Schlatman says of the fleet. He and #Millard would occasionally socialize. "He's been to my house once or twice for a UFC fight. He went to my wedding, when I was married..."

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
Schlatman considered #Millard a friend. Who's the guy in the pink shirt sitting behind a computer? Mark #Smich. He would come to the hangar periodically, always with #Millard. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
Smich would do "sporadic" work at the hangar. "Generally he and his girlfriend might be with Dell and they'd do some cleaning or whatever for Dell." #Smich's girlfriend was Marlena. Schlatman only ever saw them together. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
Dellen #Millard also had a girlfriend around that time, Schlatman says, Christina Noudga. She would frequently be with Millard when he came to the hangar, once or twice a month. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
"When I first met Dell he had a different girlfriend at the time," Schlatman says he met Noudga while working at the Waterloo hangar. Now we see a photo of #Millard and Noudga

From Lisa Hepfner:

"I knew them as Dell's vehicles," Schlatman says of the fleet. He and #Millard would occasionally socialize. "He's been to my house once or twice for a UFC fight. He went to my wedding, when I was married..."

Does this imply he’s no longer married? Curious tidbit of information. I wonder if his involvement with and loyalty to DM contributed to the downfall of his marriage.

I think they're still together. <modsnip> i think it was just an odd turn of speech, or the way Lisa Hepfner tweeted

Lisa Hepfner&#8207;
@HefCHCHNews
Looking at text messages between "Shaner" and "Dell's iPhone." Schlatman identifies his home and cell numbers. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner&#8207;
@HefCHCHNews
Text conversation between #Millard and Schlatman in February 2010; "I took the yellow tj out for some Baja practice," That's the jeep they built for a Baja Mexico race, Schlatman says.

Lisa Hepfner&#8207;
@HefCHCHNews
The hangar had a yellow jeep, two green jeeps, a convertible Cadillac, a convertible Olds Delta '88, a little Suzuki "Swift or Firefly" hatchback, a 1970 Nova.... Any SUVs? Crown asks. A dark Blue Yukon, Schlatman says. Also Dodge Ram Dually. A Chevy full size van. #Millard

Lisa Hepfner&#8207;
@HefCHCHNews
Millard lived at Maple Gate, as far as Schlatman knew he says. Seeing a text message asking for people's addresses with postal code and #Millard responded. "It was a nice neighbourhood," Schlatman describes #Millard's house. He'd been there 5-7x, for work. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner&#8207;
@HefCHCHNews
When he'd go to Maple Gate it would usually be for automotive help, "something wouldn't start," like the Bobcat. Schlatman says #Millard lived with his father, his friend Andrew, and he believes maybe Mark #Smich for awhile. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner&#8207;
@HefCHCHNews
Schlatman knew #Millard also had a building on Riverside in Etobicoke, maybe an apartment somewhere else, he says. Now a text from #Millard about trying to sell a house in Oakville. Wants Schlatman to find a mechanic to sign off on the electrical work that was done.

Lisa Hepfner&#8207;
@HefCHCHNews
Schlatman doesn't remember the text but now remembers #Millard asking for electrician help. Can't remember if his electrician friend went to help, he never went to the Oakville address. Remembers #Millard farm was on Roseville Rd, 10 mins from Waterloo airport.

Lisa Hepfner&#8207;
@HefCHCHNews
Schlatman was at the farm often. Spent a couple months replacing the engine in an excavator, and helped remove piles of hay from the barn. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner&#8207;
@HefCHCHNews
Millard drove the excavator into a swamp right after he bought it, so Schlatman had to go fix it, he says. Farm was 105 acres, and a local farmer rented fields to grow crops. #Millard

[FONT=&quot]Crown Lockhart is back on the texts exchanged between Schlatman and Millard. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In this series, they're talking about Millard's Waterloo, On area farm. [/FONT]

Which is it SS worked by yourself or with 3 or 4 other employees? It is hard to keep count of that!

[FONT=&quot]Lockhart shows Schlatman a photo of Millard's farm and asks if he ever saw any animals - pigs, chickens, anything like that on the property?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"No never," Schlatman answers. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Lockhart shows Schlatman a photo of Millard's farm and asks if he ever saw any animals - pigs, chickens, anything like that on the property?[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"No never," Schlatman answers. [/FONT]
this ought to be interesting...

Lisa Hepfner&#8207;
@HefCHCHNews

The hangar had a yellow jeep, two green jeeps, a convertible Cadillac, a convertible Olds Delta '88, a little Suzuki "Swift or Firefly" hatchback, a 1970 Nova.... Any SUVs? Crown asks. A dark Blue Yukon, Schlatman says. Also Dodge Ram Dually. A Chevy full size van. #Millard

I wonder where that Olds is now? That's what he was driving when Laura went missing. Unless he picked her up in his Dad's van?

Lisa Hepfner&#8207;
@HefCHCHNews
Schlatman never saw livestock at the farm. Chickens, cows, nothing like that, he says. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner&#8207;
@HefCHCHNews
Wayne Millard lived at 3 Maple Gate and drove a Dodge Caravan. It had a wheelchair ramp, Schlatman says, although he never saw anyone who needed a wheelchair. Did see Dellen driving his dad's car sometimes. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner&#8207;
@HefCHCHNews
Schlatman believes #Millard Sr. bought the van with a ramp in it already. Also, there was no hydro at the farm, never was, Schlatman says. He had a generator, kept at the barn. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner&#8207;
@HefCHCHNews
Text conversations now between Schlatman and #Millard about the latter's course in Reno on "composite materials, kevlar and carbon fibre." Schlatman got married Jan 2012 and #Millard attended with Christina Noudga, his girlfriend at the time. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner&#8207;
@HefCHCHNews
Did Mr #Millard ever ask you to build anything? Oh yeah. A garbage incinerator, a large animal incinerator, trailers, shelves, doors...

[FONT=&quot]Crown Lockhart asks if Millard ever had Schlatman build things for him. He lists:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-A garbage incinerator[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-An animal incinerator[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-other odds and ends[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Text from Millard to Schlatman, on May 16, 2012.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Soon, I'm going to want you to put together a homemade incinerator.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]How many steel drums do we have of the same diameter? 3 or 4 welded together end to end I think would do the job."[/FONT]

So the barrels that were discussed yesterday must have been the homemade incinerator. Edit to add; The welded barrels that were seized from the farm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500