Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.15.17 - Day 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
#Millard wanted to burn his garbage because it was too hard to transport it from the farm and the airport to Toronto. "There wasn't a company that would come and pick it up," unless you hired someone, Schlatman says.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
Schlatman remembers building an incinerator before the large one was ordered, he says. Now looking at May 2012 texts from #Millard. "Soon I'm going to want you to put together a homemade incinerator." He thinks 3-4 steel drums welded together will "do the job." #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
Schlatman googled the design of his incinerator. He had lots of 55G drums for fuel and chemicals and solutions lying around the airport. #Millard

I think DM really did intend on burning garbage, simply because he'd need to have a plausible explanation for having the incinerator. I do think he bought the incinerator to dispose of Laura, the garbage burning is just his cover.

Which is it SS worked by yourself or with 3 or 4 other employees? It is hard to keep count of that!

SS mentioned at the beginning he worked pretty much by himself. MS and MM would work at the hangar doing odd jobs, things like cleaning, but they were not considered employees of Millardair. They weren't on the books but SS was. The only one after DM let go all the Millardair employees within days of allegedly murdering his father. MOO.

[FONT=&quot]Schlatman says he googled how to make homemade incinerators. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Crown asks how much garbage was at the farm, enough to warrant an incinerator? Schlatman says there wasn't much, really.[/FONT]

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
Schlatman was wondering how they were going to move around four big drums, it was huge. "From my understanding he wanted it at the farm not the airport." Doesn't think open fires were allowed at the airport. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
Mostly , Schlatman figures the incinerator was for the garbage at the hangar. #Millard would have to carry away a few bags of trash a week to dispose of in Toronto.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
Another text conversation about "building the garbage incinerator." from May 24, 2012. Schlatman hadn't started working on it yet. #LauraBabcock

[FONT=&quot]More texts between Schlatman and Millard, an exchange from May 24, 2012.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Millard asks if the incinerator is ready to be tested. Schlatman says he hasn't started building it yet. [/FONT]

If DM only wanted an incinerator for garbage he really didn't need such a big unit.

[FONT=&quot]Schlatman writes about his progress with the incinerator, the next day on May 25, 2012.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Not looking good for the incinerator today. Having to wash the barrels out real well. Had small fireball out of one barrel. Luckily had barrel facing out overhead door so No prob other than dirty underwear! Lol[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Millard responds: "Haha shame I missed it."[/FONT]

As a mechanic in a shop all by your lonesome ...what is in those bags of garbage, what kind of garbage does a mechanic create? Rags from wiping his hands? One burn barrel should do. Please ask this!

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
Text conversation about Schlatman testing his homemade incinerator, in which he "had a small fireball out of one barrel" but luckily the barrel faced out the door so the only problem was dirty underwear.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
His homemade incinerator did not work well, Schlatman says. Sent photos of it to #Millard; Looks like a rocket, with feet placed on bottom barrel, and a chimney of 3-4 barrels welded together.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
The homemade incinerator photos may remind the jury of the officer who testified yesterday, who seized and reassembled an identical, although more rusted, object found on the #Millard farm.

[FONT=&quot]Crown Lockhart now shows the court a photo from inside Millard's airport hangar in Waterloo, On. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Schlatman tells the jury we're looking at a garbage incinerator. It's about 12-13 feet, green barrels welded together, with brown legs propping it up.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Schlatman took the photo.

[/FONT]

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
The "garbage incinerator" Schlatman built is green in the photo in the hangar. Crown wants to know how tall it was -- Schlatman figures double his height (5'11).

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
Schlatman says he took the photo of the homemade incinerator in the hangar. Crown is asking about a brown object on the incinerator. "Just rusty metal; guards to keep the embers and the light down," #Millard told him he needed that.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
Looking at the home made incinerator from several different angles. Schlatman calls it a "garbage" incinerator every time. #LauraBabcock

Still helping DM out when he can. I was so disgusted by SS in TB's trial. MOO

And actually looks like DM is using a reusable rag in his staged photo!
As a mechanic in a shop all by your lonesome ...what is in those bags of garbage, what kind of garbage does a mechanic create? Rags from wiping his hands? One burn barrel should do. Please ask this!

I think DM really did intend on burning garbage, simply because he'd need to have a plausible explanation for having the incinerator. I do think he bought the incinerator to dispose of Laura, the garbage burning is just his cover.

What garbage are you going to have at a non operational farm with no inhabitants?

What garbage are you going to have at a non operational farm with no inhabitants?

Brought over from the hangar. The point isn't how much he'd have, the point is to actually use the incinerator that way once in awhile so he had a cover story for it.

Shaner still standing by his man and source of income. SMDH

[FONT=&quot]Crown Ken Lockhart returns to more texts between Schlatman and Millard, from May 30, 2012. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Schlatman: "Did the incinerator work the way you wanted?"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Millard: "not yet. It is a good prototype though. with modifications i think it will deliver. it needs significantly more air ingress. i will make a drawing for the modifications needed and text it to you so it can be ready Friday. I'd prefer to take it on the new trailer. "[/FONT]

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
In May 30, 2012 text message #Millard says incinerator doesn't work well enough yet but he's drawing up air ingress modifications for the prototype, he says. Wants to tow it on a trailer. Schlatman doesn't think he ever got the modifications. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
Millard had many trailers, Schlatman says. He never put the "garbage incinerator" on a trailer, he says. #LauraBabcock

Funny how SS is referring to it as a "garbage incinerator" now, when he doesn't in his texts, AFAIK.

I recall checking the Waterloo garbage pickup schedule at the time of the TB trial, and the airport had pickup service. So did the farm. I'll see if I can verify this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500