Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else find it strange that CB had another allotment home nearby around 2013, also with a cellar? Never knew allotment cellars were even a thing.

He told how Brueckner once talked to him about a bizarre plan he had for the ‘cellar’ at his allotment home.

He said: “There was a hole in the floor inside the allotment house and one day he told me he wanted to put a see-through perspex glass over it.

“I said to him ‘what the hell for? Just so you can look down into a dirty old cellar?’ Now I think maybe he wanted to build a Fritzl cellar like the guy in Austria who kept his daughter down there.”

Madeleine McCann suspect 'wanted to create Josef Fritzl-style dungeon in cellar'

Madeleine McCann suspect 'joked he had hid her in cellar' claims sickened ex-pal

In theory it should last at least 500 years before it even begins to break down tho certain conditions speed that up.

The real problem is how fast does whatever the DNA is on or in last. Bodies decay, cells break down and clothes rot away. Then the DNA has gone or levels are seriously reduced and there could be contamination from things like bacteria. It's difficult to extract from bones and teeth

And how much is there in the first place. CB was very careful in his rapes

It depends on how good whatever they've got is

Even if the DNA is degraded the mitochondrial DNA can last for eons. Think of a human cell as a jam doughnut . The jam is the nuclear DNA of the cell. The dough is the mitochondrial DNA which powers the cell.

Crudely put think of nuclear DNA as your SIM card and the mitochondrial DNA as the battery.

Mitochondrial DNA can only be passed down the female line. So my sons and daughter have my mitochondrial DNA but only my daughter can pass that on. If the boys have kids - v unlikely at present !!! - their children will have their partners’ mitochondrial DNA.

more :-How Long Does DNA Last?

I wonder how long CB rented this plot for and when he became the tenant.
If MM is there, he would have had to have secured the rental before hand and not just have rocked up in Hanover looking for a place to stay and conceal a body in early May 2007.
Just makes me wonder if this was pre-meditated abduction and murder and not just impulsive act, or robbery then change of mind.

If MM is there, he would have had to have secured the rental before hand and not just have rocked up in Hanover looking for a place to stay and conceal a body in early May 2007.
Just makes me wonder if this was pre-meditated abduction and murder and not just impulsive act.
On the BBC article I linked below, the allotment neighbour said CB arrived there in the spring or summer of 2007, lived there a few months but was gone by the time he returned from holiday in the August. This does appear to conflict with other reports though that he was there until 2008.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-53582930

We know very little about CB's movement's in the early part of 2007 but I agree, if it turns out he started renting it prior to MM, then it could have indeed been his plan. It would make sense that it was before MM as he was living in Foral at the end of 2007 and AB says CB went to live with him in Augsburg "shortly after MM". He also spent time in Dresden at some point in 2007 but have no idea when.

It seems unfeasible he'd take her all that way, but then, I guess when you've just abducted a child you would drive, drive, drive as far as you could. Sort of makes an instinctive kind of sense.

Horrible to say, but he could have just stuck her in the trunk and drove. It’s not like a kidnapper is real concerned about car seat safety.

I wondered the very same thing Ted. Using an excavator seems heavy handed in the search for a body, could destroy anything it contacts. It's like they were using it to get to the cellar in order to see inside. If there is a video of MM showing the interior of some basement type room, then a tip off from a local about the property having a cellar might have been enough to instigate the search. Police could even have contacted the person who built it to confirm what it looked like.

I did think that using an excavator seemed heavy handed too until I remembered the ones used to find Fred Wests' victims in the garden of 125 Cromwell street,
So quite possible imo.

ETA - This was a long time ago though and I'm sure that processes are more measured now.
Exterior shots of investigators excavating the topsoil in the garden... Stock Footage Video - Getty Images

Last edited:
Just makes me wonder if this was pre-meditated abduction and murder and not just impulsive act, or robbery then change of mind.

I believe it was established that he was on Skype saying he wanted to "grab a little something and abuse it for days".

I did think that using an excavator seemed heavy handed too until I remembered the ones used to find Fred Wests' victims in the garden of 125 Cromwell street,
So quite possible imo.

Exterior shots of investigators excavating the topsoil in the garden... Stock Footage Video - Getty Images
I suppose, I thought most of that excavation work was done by hand though. Maybe the mini diggers were just used to take the top soil away?

Timeline of police investigation into Fred and Rose West

Attachments

• 0_Untitled-11.jpg
    0_Untitled-11.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 0_Untitled-1.jpg
    0_Untitled-1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics