Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to a news report on TV, the large white tent that was set up earlier in the dig was to conceal what the team had found. Two smaller tents were also set up which I think where facilities for the forensic teams and police, as somebody here pointed out. It's worth noting that tents are generally used to keep the press out of arms reach of the evidence and so that a doctor can examine a body at the scene of the crime so that it can't later be claimed in court that the injuries/fractures etc occurred during transit from the crime scene to the mortuary. Tents have also been put up before for small pieces of evidence that need protecting from the elements once exposed. Regarding a body though, I've no idea whether such precautions would still be made after 13 years.

I'm doubtful that any human remains have been found here.
The dig only started on Monday, a forensics team would have had to have spent several days there, after the excavation, if it were a crime scene.
imo

A link further back said the house on the plot was destroyed in 2008. I wonder why and by who.

MOO

I can’t recall the article but one of them said that Brueckner demolished it because he had to leave the plot the way he got it... so he built the building, he has to take it down before leaving the allotment.

Did any of the reports about finding the cellar say it was found today? Could they possibly have found it yesterday and today they finished combing it for evidence etc? I find it hard to believe they both found it today AND finished gathering evidence from it same day. Unless there was nothing in it I guess?

Also in general when searches conclude without finding anything, they’ll say nothing came of the search. Haven’t heard that yet. Especially if they took stuff to test, might be a few days at least.

I suspect LE knew the cellar was there all along, but media, especially our Red Top Rags have been sensationalising the story.
jmo

Madeleine McCann investigators resume digging at German allotment | Daily Mail Online

It's only my second post on here so don't know how it all works but here go

I have attached link to article in Daily Mail. There are numerous photos as you will see but thought I would put on here questions in my head

You will see on one of the photographs police carrying blue bags, what do you think is in those bags? Seemed quite a lot of different items.

There is a couple of photos with sniffer dogs looking in a specific part of the garden. It then seems the land has been excavated in the same spot. Do you think they have sniffed something?

There is a photo of two people with white forensic type suits on, does this mean they could have found something?

The lady in the white forensic suit appears to be the same lady the Daily Express are showing as crying, do you think it is, and if so why crying?
The report suggests sniffer dogs trained to sniff out dead bodies and computer equipment which is a new one on me. Never heard of IT sniffer dogs before . He's kept USBs containing recordings of his crimes before - maybe that is what they hope to find.

I guess if they've excavated it's because the dogs have alerted them to something

The blue bags look like cleared rubbish to me. I don't know if that's the case but if it is could it have been cleared so as not to contaminate anything that might be subsequently dug up?

If it's for testing non of the officers appear to be in forensic suits

I honestly don't think poor little MM survived the night so I don't think they're looking for her body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnySomber