Identified! Male,dark hair/beard, Toronto, *Kirushna Kumar Kanagaratnam*

March 13 2018
http://nationalpost.com/news/canada...uce-mcarthur-in-search-for-more-human-remains
Idsinga is still looking to identify who he said is McArthur’s seventh victim after releasing a photo of an unidentified man last week. Idsinga received dozens of tips about the man, who is deceased in the photo, but it may take months to identify him. Most of the tips they’ve received were easily eliminated but several others could not quickly discredited. The hope, Idsinga said, is that the man’s remains are one of four sets that still haven’t been identified. If this is the case, Idsinga can cross-check the man’s DNA profile with multiple potential family members and use the process of elimination until he finds a match.
The man, he said, may even be known to them. Idsinga couldn’t rule out that police already have the man’s photo as part of hundreds missing persons cases they’re cycling through. But depending on when such a report could have been made, the man’s appearance may have significantly changed. Even the police’s facial recognition software is drawing a blank.
The photo has also been altered to a point where the man may be unrecognizable. Police used a heavy amount of photo editing techniques on the image before publishing it. Idsinga said objects were removed from the background. He dispelled a rumour that hypothesized whether police had digitally added a neck and shirt to a decapitated head. Idsinga himself insisted the photo be even more heavily edited after a first draft was sent to him.
A 28-year veteran on the force, Idsinga said he’s become climatized to grizzly imagery like what was in the photo. Noting that counselling services have been opened up to the project team, Idsinga admitted the day he first saw the remains of the alleged victims still haunts him.

“I get emotional talking about it,” he said. “It’s very disturbing — even to someone who’s been doing this for almost 30 years.”
rbbm.

Not sure if this Niagara Falls guy was released on bail or in jail or not, just noting.
https://www.niagarathisweek.com/new...ebruary-shooting-at-niagara-falls-strip-club/
edwards_copy___Gallery.jpg

Malcolm Edwards.

<modsnip>
(re-posting IUD photo for comparison purposes)​

Possible, but might be too young (23 years old), eyebrows appear thicker, and he didn't go missing in the Toronto area (missing in Gatineau, north of Ottawa).
Posting here because of the tattoo on his neck: same location where the IUD photo has what looks like a smudge when the image was photoshopped.
Also, notice the overlapped front tooth.

Name: Gilberto Cardinal-Fernandes
Missing since March 16, 2016, when he left his home around 4 am to take a walk
  • Description: Mixed-race man
  • Speaks French and English
  • Height: 1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)
  • Weight: 113 kg (250 lb)
  • Brown eyes
  • Brown hair (long dreadlocks)
  • Brown beard
  • He has a tattoo on his neck (chemical symbol)
  • He has large wood rings (spacers) in both ears
  • He has a piercing on his nose (nasal septum)[
https://www.gatineau.ca/portail/def...nes_disparues_recherchees/fiche&id=1458580768

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sources for images:
View attachment 131454 Gatineau1.png Gatineau2.png Gatineau3.jpg gatineau4.png

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...-ruling-out-1970s-gay-village-cold-cases.html
April 4 2018
rbbm.
In March, police took the rare step of releasing a photo of a dead man believed to be another victim of the alleged serial killer. In the disturbing image, which was digitally altered by investigators prior to its release, the bearded man appears to be laying down with with his lips and eyes partly open.

At a news conference in the first week of March, Idsinga said he had no other choice but to release the photo after exhausting all other avenues of identifying the man. Dozens of tips came in, but it&#8217;s unclear if any have helped investigators positively identify the man almost four weeks later.

&#8220;At the end of the day, it would be possible for them to lay a charge with respect to a person unknown,&#8221; said Toronto criminal defence lawyer John Struthers, adding it&#8217;s a &#8220;highly unusual&#8221; scenario.

Idsigna said he will likely be providing an update on the photo next week.

McArthur is due back in court on April 11.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4138027/...d-serial-killer-bruce-mcarthur-investigation/
rbbm.

<modsnip: removed post-mortem pic of identified victim>

Police also released an enhanced version of a photograph released in early March of the body of an unidentified man they said is an alleged victim of McArthur.

The photo, which was enhanced by Nikki Ward, a graphic artist and prominent member of the LGBTQ community, along with a rendition of the victim drawn by a forensic artist with the Toronto Police Service, will be placed on a flyer and distributed both online and around the community.
Keep in mind that the resident may not have been a resident of Toronto,” Idsinga said.

“Any additional international coverage of this photograph by the media would be appreciated.”
To date, Idsinga said police have received over 500 tips in regard to the photo. From those tips, over 70 potential identities have been uncovered.

“The majority of the potential identities have been eliminated, but [investigators] continue to work on 22 of them,” he said.

“We are cautiously optimistic to connect one of the remaining 22 with the photograph.”

Seeing the victim rendition I'm even more certain than ever it is Kalin Purvis. Those eyebrows never change in any release. The left one is a touch longer than the right and squares off by the nose. The right is a tad higher, rounder, and higher near the nose. Also with the eyes open now the almond shape is almost exact.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Seeing the victim rendition I'm even more certain than ever it is Kalin Purvis. Those eyebrows never change in any release. The left one is a touch longer than the right and squares off by the nose. The right is a tad higher, rounder, and higher near the nose. Also with the eyes open now the almond shape is almost exact.

I agree. But why would it be so difficult to identify him then?

Speculation:
1- Family doesn't think it's him (don't want to believe it)
2- Assuming the 7th remains are this unidentified and DNA has been submitted and it's taking a while for results

What else?

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

Speculation:
2- Assuming the 7th remains are this unidentified and DNA has been submitted and it's taking a while for results

What else?

If I'm not mistaken the original release came from some type of video or picture file not from any actual discovered remains. If this is the case then chances are there would be no DNA, finger prints, or dental for comparison so identification would have to be made strictly by others who knew him. If this is the case LE would want to be 100% certain that the person they think it is has not just decided to disappear of their own free will. I would imagine they would be scouring any and all leads ever given sice the disappearance of any MP they may think it is before placing a name and laying charges connected to him.

Do you mean Kalon Purvis? I initially suspected the same. But seeing the victim rendition makes him look slightly different that Mr. Purvis.

Speculation:

What else?

There is a possibility that it is not Kalon Purvis. But there is a huge resemblance in almost all features.
His features also resemble that of a man of North African, Arab, or Middle Eastern background. Possibly someone who was visiting Canada.

Do you mean Kalon Purvis? I initially suspected the same. But seeing the victim rendition makes him look slightly different that Mr. Purvis.
Yes Kalon not Kalin. Dang spell check.

Homicide detectives say they have positively identified a deceased man whose image they obtained in the course of an investigation into an alleged serial killer targeting Toronto&#8217;s gay community.

On March 5, police released the image of a deceased adult male, saying they had obtained his photo during the investigation into alleged killer Bruce McArthur but could not identify him.

After receiving a flood of tips from the public, police said Thursday they were finally able to positively identify him.

His identity has not yet been made public as police say they are still working to identify and notify next of kin.

https://www.cp24.com/news/police-id...uce-mcarthur-homicide-investigation-1.3883950

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...-man-alleged-to-be-bruce-mcarthur-victim.html
“John Doe” has a name — five weeks after homicide investigators’ last-resort move to release a photograph of a dead, unidentified man believed to be a victim of alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur.

Toronto police announced Friday that their release last month of a grisly, albeit cleaned up image has culminated in the positive identification of the man, a development that could lead to another charge against the accused killer already facing seven counts of first-degree murder.

The break came after hundreds of generated tips turned into 22 possible identities which were, over the last few days, winnowed down to one.
“We are very happy and relieved that we’ve been able to identify him,” said Toronto police Det.-Sgt. Hank Idsinga, adding that he’s “incredibly proud” of the work done by the team in the last few weeks.
Fwiw.
A bit surprised and intrigued that information about the UID man was on a Russian news site.
http://www.russianweek.ca/news/cana...ked-to-bruce-mcarthur-homicide-investigation/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back