Identified! Male,dark hair/beard, Toronto, *Kirushna Kumar Kanagaratnam*

Unsure what, if anything can be done regarding this request.
http://torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/40800
April 13, 2018
rbbm.
On March 5, 2018, investigators released a photograph of a deceased man for the purpose of identifying him.

More than 70 potential identities were submitted.

On April 9, 2018, investigators re-published the photograph, along with an image that was created by an artist with Forensic Identification Services.

On April 12, 2018, police identified the man in the photograph. More details, including any possible criminal charges, will be released once the man’s next of kin have been notified.

In the meantime, police are asking anyone, including media, to remove the images from online publications.
rbbm

Unsure what, if anything can be done regarding this request.
http://torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/40800
April 13, 2018
rbbm.

rbbm

Although I understand the request as the picture was a picture of this man in death and it will be traumatizing for family and friends henceforth, I think the request outside of media is futile as the internet doesn’t let anything disappear [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im so glad that the photo was the answer to whomever this was. TPS was so very reluctant to release the photo but it worked. In future cases, hopefully, they won't be as reluctant and it will enable them to identify more victims.

Obviously, I am also 'happy' for the family who will being notified of their missing loved one. You know what I mean by that.....its not good news but its an ending where there was none.

Earlier this week, Idsinga released a new version of the photograph, enhanced by a member of the public, saying police had received hundreds of tips, but had yet to identify the man in the image.

On Friday, police said they had been able to identify the man.

They said they would not release the man's name or details on whether new charges will be laid against McArthur until the man's next of kin were notified.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cana...-in-photo-linked-to-bruce-mcarthur/ar-AAvQJqZ

Although I understand the request as the picture was a picture of this man in death and it will be traumatizing for family and friends henceforth, I think the request outside of media is futile as the internet doesn’t let anything disappear [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know enough about computers but assume they hope that websites such as this or people who may have put it on FB, will attempt to remove the picture now that the person has been identified.

Is it difficult to remove it (using this site as an example again)? It stays on the hard drive, thats all I know.
Thank you for any answers.

I don't know enough about computers but assume they hope that websites such as this or people who may have put it on FB, will attempt to remove the picture now that the person has been identified.

Is it difficult to remove it (using this site as an example again)? It stays on the hard drive, thats all I know.
Thank you for any answers.
We could ask our Mods to delete this thread, and all posts containing the three renditions of the IUD (the original and the two enhanced). Unfortunately, the images are also contained in the Videos of the TPS News Releases. JMO

I am wondering if the IUD has been identified by friends or co-workers or neighbours, not a family member, since apparently LE has yet to notify next of kin. MOO

Glad they found him. But that will be difficult to remove the pics. People everywhere were sharing it.

Maybe we could minimize posting the pm pics here for now, and when the identity is released - create a new thread with the identified person's name?

https://www.cp24.com/news/accused-s...eighth-count-of-first-degree-murder-1.3886375
Last Updated Monday, April 16, 2018 10:24AM EDT Accused serial killer Bruce McArthur has been charged with an eighth count of first-degree murder, the Crown announced Monday.

The charge was laid in a Toronto courtroom this morning in connection with the death of Kirushna Kumar Kanagaratnam.
rbbm
[h=2]Bruce McArthur investigation update[/h] Live

Apr 16
10:40

1m Alexandra Mae Jones @AlexandraMaeJ

Idsinga said they "don't know yet" if all the human remains found in planters have been identified at this point.

Apr 16
10:38

2m Alexandra Mae Jones @AlexandraMaeJ

"We've spent the weekend contacting family and working out more background, but that's all we have now."

Apr 16
10:37

3m Alexandra Mae Jones @AlexandraMaeJ

"He doesn't quite fit the profile," Idsinga says, but added that they found a "connection."

Apr 16
10:36

4m Alexandra Mae Jones @AlexandraMaeJ

"Some very diligent, good police work," said Idsinga on confirming this identity.

Apr 16
10:35

5m Alexandra Mae Jones @AlexandraMaeJ

"He came to Canada from Sri Lanka in 2010," said Idsinga.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...ce-mcarthur-accused-of-killing-eighth-victim/
Mr. McArthur is accused of the first-degree murder of Kirushna Kumar Kanagaratnam sometime between Sept. 3 and Dec. 14 of 2015.

Mr. Kanagaratnam was identified last Thursday after Toronto police took the exceptional step of releasing a photo believed to have been taken after his death.

The picture of the bearded, closed-eyed man was made public in March, yielding hundreds of tips, then a positive identification after a retouched picture and an artist’s rendition were displayed last week.

Although police have not explicitly confirmed it, sources say that investigators have found pictures of what they believe to be several of the victims on a memory key.

Mr. Kanagaratnam arrived to Canada from Sri Lanka in 2010 and lived in Scarborough, Homicide Detective Sergeant Hank Idsinga told reporters Monday morning.

Police do not know of explicit connections between Mr. Kanagaratnam and the Gay Village, the detective added.
“He was not on file in Canada as missing and I will leave it at that,” he said.

The identification was made possible with the help of an international agency, the detective said, declining to provide further details
rbbm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back