Many weapons.

Britt said:
That makes sense and that's what I thought, too, until I learned that the tip of the paintbrush was missing and never found, and one of the pediatric medical experts consulted in this case, Dr. David Jones, said the cellulose splinter from the paintbrush found in JB's vagina dated from an old injury (PMPT p. 560 pb)... which means that part of the paintbrush wasn't necessarily connected to the other basement staging items - it could've been someplace else (JB's bathroom?)
I'm not quite sure, but didn't someone post here that the bristle part of the paintbrush was found in the paint tray?

rashomon said:
I'm not quite sure, but didn't someone post here that the bristle part of the paintbrush was found in the paint tray?

rashomon,

Sure posted on some thread complete with pictures.

The paintbrush was allegedly split into three parts, I'm assuming the bristle end was dropped back into the paint-tote, the middle was used for the garote stick and the other part is missing?

Britt said:
That makes sense and that's what I thought, too, until I learned that the tip of the paintbrush was missing and never found, and one of the pediatric medical experts consulted in this case, Dr. David Jones, said the cellulose splinter from the paintbrush found in JB's vagina dated from an old injury (PMPT p. 560 pb)... which means that part of the paintbrush wasn't necessarily connected to the other basement staging items - it could've been someplace else (JB's bathroom?)

So if its not staging, and its for real, ie its being going on for at least many weeks, why would JonBenet's killer take the remaining part of the paintbrush?

To underline this feature this is another item that was removed from the crime-scene. The other two being her size-6 underwear and the flashlight!

Some people hold that the cellulose may have transferred from her killer's finger, since he/she had just handled broken shards and splinters of painbrush handle so this is possible.

Now if the missing part from the paintbrush handle had her killers fingerprints on it, 1. Why was it not wiped as was the flashlight, 2. Why remove the paintbrush handle part, but not the flashlight?

Which initially suggests to me, that there is more than one person involved here, and that someone else added to the staging and did some cleaning up?

Technically it should be possible to confirm whether the cellulose came from the broken paintbrush.

There are answers to the above, just depends on which theory you adopt, staging or assault, maybe both?

I remember reading that too. And of course, the bristles would explain the "strange" animal hairs.

"Has anyone put forth a theory that fits the facts better than the story allegedly told to JR's secretary by Aunt Pam?"

Not to my knowledge. That's the one where Patsy caught John molesting JB, swung at him, missed, hit her, and they both were in it.

"But if the conscious isn't aware of it, does that count as premeditation?"

No. Unless the person intends to kill, it isn't premeditated.

"Its possible, having reviewed the evidence I think John was involved but to what extent I am not certain, and a RDI theory that I have is litigious so possibly not fit for print?"

Well, now I've GOT to hear it!

"So maybe its possible the combination of medication and prior abuse tipped Patsy over the edge?"

It could have been a whole mess of things.

"Did all the experts agree on that?"

No. Some thought it might have been digital penetration with the stick not used at all.

"I'm not quite sure, but didn't someone post here that the bristle part of the paintbrush was found in the paint tray?"

Yes, that's verified.

Wasn't the cellulose (in vagina) consistent with the paintbrush? Weren't there also paint pigments in the vagina as well?

I just think the real crimes happened upstairs, and the basement items were all used for staging.

Assuming the paintbrush end was used in that sexual assault, I believe that end left the house with the rest of the rope and duct tape. Just because something left the house doesn't necessarily indicate an intruder. These items probably disappeared amongst a neighbor's Christmas wrappings.

"Wasn't the cellulose (in vagina) consistent with the paintbrush? Weren't there also paint pigments in the vagina as well?"

Never heard about paint flecks. But yes, it was. But they don't know if it was from the brush or from a finger with brush remnants on it.

UKGuy said:
rashomon,

The paintbrush was allegedly split into three parts, I'm assuming the bristle end was dropped back into the paint-tote, the middle was used for the garote stick and the other part is missing?
Technically it should be possible to confirm whether the cellulose came from the broken paintbrush.

Maybe the injury to JB's vagina ws inflicted with the missing end of the paintbrush; this would be consistent with what Dr. McCann, one of the leading experts consulted, said about the injury inflicted to JB's genitals:

Dr. McCann, believed that the object was forcefully jabbed in – not just shoved in. Although the bruised area would indicate something about the size of a finger nail, he did not believe it was a finger, because of the well demarcated edges of the bruise indicating an object much firmer than a finger. The doctor also stated that he assumed the object did not have jagged edges because there was no evidence of tears in the bruised area.
So maybe as the end was forcefully jabbed in, it left one little splinter.
The perp could then have broken off this end and e. g. have flushed it down the toilet.

Interesting question whether it could be established if the cellulose came from the paintbrush. Does anyone know if this could be confirmed?

[edited to add: I just read SuperDave's post who said that the splinter was indeed consistent with wood from the paintbrush.]

rashomon said:
Maybe the injury to JB's vagina ws inflicted with the missing end of the paintbrush; this would be consistent with what Dr. McCann, one of the leading experts consulted, said about the injury inflicted to JB's genitals:

Dr. McCann, believed that the object was forcefully jabbed in – not just shoved in. Although the bruised area would indicate something about the size of a finger nail, he did not believe it was a finger, because of the well demarcated edges of the bruise indicating an object much firmer than a finger. The doctor also stated that he assumed the object did not have jagged edges because there was no evidence of tears in the bruised area.
So maybe as the end was forcefully jabbed in, it left one little splinter.
The perp could then have broken off this end and e. g. have flushed it down the toilet.

Interesting question whether it could be established if the cellulose came from the paintbrush. Does anyone know if this could be confirmed?

[edited to add: I just read SuperDave's post who said that the splinter was indeed consistent with wood from the paintbrush.]

rashomon,

Yes its an open question as to whether her sexual assault was digitally or paintbrush inspired.

I guess you select the version that suits your theory best.

It may not matter too much in the sense that whether digital or painbrush it was the end result that mattered, not the how, but in Lou Smit's strange world of sexual predators I guess it did matter?

Personally I consider it to be staging.

"It may not matter too much in the sense that whether digital or painbrush it was the end result that mattered, not the how, but in Lou Smit's strange world of sexual predators I guess it did matter?

Personally I consider it to be staging."

You and a lot of other people.

A lot of the wrong things matter to Smit. If you have no evidence, make up your own!

rashomon said:
UKGuy said:
Yes, the autopsy report says the stick (paintbrush handle) was broken at both ends = three pieces. And the brush end was found in the paint tote.

I think it's possible the tip was broken off previously and used as a punishment tool, and wasn't necessarily still in the basement.

Then, at staging time in the basement, the perp broke the brush part off the paintbrush stick, left the brush in the paint tote and used the remaining stick to make the garrote.

SuperDave said:
A lot of the wrong things matter to Smit. If you have no evidence, make up your own!
Yep. He takes JustSpitBallin' to a whole new level, eh? :crazy:

SuperDave said:
Some thought it might have been digital penetration with the stick not used at all.
But in order to transfer the cellulose, this would've had to have been after the perp handled the paintbrush to stage the garrote, and based on JB's anteriorly urine-stained longjohns and underwear, by the time the perp was working with the garrote and strangling a face-down unconscious JB (thereby causing the evidenced urine release), JB had already been wiped up and redressed. A cellulose transfer via finger doesn't make sense here.

Britt said:
But in order to transfer the cellulose, this would've had to have been after the perp handled the paintbrush to stage the garrote, and based on JB's anteriorly urine-stained longjohns and underwear, by the time the perp was working with the garrote and strangling a face-down unconscious JB (thereby causing the evidenced urine release), JB had already been wiped up and redressed. A cellulose transfer via finger doesn't make sense here.

Britt, you just cleared it up for me!

A cellulose transfer via finger doesn't make sense here.

I don't know but cellulose is a pretty wide area. Toilet paper is also cellulose.

Weren't there also paint pigments in the vagina as well

I kind of remember seeing this info somewhere also. Seems that the residue could be described in a number of ways.

Please elaborate for me? Are you saying that the cellulose was deposited from the stick prior to the wiping and redressing?

Please elaborate for me? Are you saying that the cellulose was deposited from the stick prior to the wiping and redressing?

I am just saying there seems to be alot of confusion what was actually deposited and I kind of threw out, could it just be somekind of paper(toilet paper), maybe left from the wiping?
Toltec pointed out that the wiping was pretty thorugh... wiping places a man would not think of if you get my drift.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back