Many weapons.

SuperDave said:
For the third time: the parts about "foreign faction" and "beheading" suggest an Islamic militant. Even before 9/11, it was common knowledge in this country that they behead people in the Middle East. Especially since John had been stationed in the Phillipines, and Mindanao Island is full of nasty types. But the "fat cat" stuff is right out of the radical left playbook.
Foreign faction suggests foreign faction, and '...but not the country that it serves' suggests a foreign faction opposed to US policy. 'Foreign faction' does not automatically suggest 'Islamic militant'.

'Beheading', being a standard 'execution' method in France for a long time, makes a French suspect more likely than an Islamic militant suspect. After all, the author did use 'attache'.:D

My point is, the 'parts about foreign faction and beheading' dont really suggest an Islamic militant at all. Instead, they could suggest a far left fat cat beheader.

narlacat said:
Thanks for answering that question for me Dave, but I'd really like HOTYH to come back and answer it for me if he could.
I have heard your answer before of course, but wanted to hear what HOTYH thinks.
Bump :)

Page 2 HOTYH if you wanted to see the post that I was responding to.

narlacat said:
HOTYH

I'm not being sarcastic... why would a real 'foreign faction' target JR?
JR wasn't targeted, JBR was.

JR could've been used as a scapegoat, or an excuse 'morally' in the perp's eyes, to assault JBR. IMO the perp trumped up JR's political alignment (this country) and status (fat cat) to give himself the justification he felt he needed in his own mind, to assault and murder JBR.

In many cases, the 'why' doesn't get answered until after the 'who' is found out.

Holdontoyourhat said:
JR could've been used as a scapegoat, or an excuse 'morally' in the perp's eyes, to assault JBR. IMO the perp trumped up JR's political alignment (this country) and status (fat cat) to give himself the justification he felt he needed in his own mind, to assault and murder JBR.

In many cases, the 'why' doesn't get answered until after the 'who' is found out.

So true. And let's all be confident that he WILL be caught, probably for something else such as maybe treason against this nation. It's been a while since we had any double agents caught and tried. Isn't it about time for another one?

I rather think "attache" has become an American word, have heard it all my life right here in this country. Someone may or may not have used it to try to sound foreign. But in one of the most recent JFK documentaries last November I believe they said a (dead) french man may have been "Badge Man" behind the picket fence who fired a fatal shot, can't remember the name or what year he died. I'm not saying there's definitely any connection to that case, the same cunning madman causing both murders to be done by someone else, not to "dirty his own hands". Charles Manson, I know I keep mentioning because the apparent m.o. reminds me so much of him, claimed he didn't kill anyone, because he mind-controlled his gang to do it, y'know.

Didn't actually stab anyone with his own two hands, so he could say he did not do it, rationalizing. I think you're on the right track.

They could have obtained some rings similar to Patsy's, as well as other things about her style. Also made the staging point to others in case it didn't nail her well enough, made it very confusing. I think we will see him/them caught. Notice we are not using the C word, but if those who react too much to that word start up, trying to make US sound crazy, paranoid, bingo, we'll have made them a little bit nervous. Methinks they protest entirely too much!

"'Foreign faction' does not automatically suggest 'Islamic militant'."

True! But it's that other stuff.

"'Beheading', being a standard 'execution' method in France for a long time, makes a French suspect more likely than an Islamic militant suspect. After all, the author did use 'attache'."

Number one, France outlawed the guillotine years ago. And secondly, a LOT of countries with a strong Islamic militant presence used to be under French rule: Algeria leaps to mind. PLUS, it can be argued that the Ayatollah Khomeini started this whole wave of religious terror, and he'd been living in France for years. That's common knowledge.

Betty Bowers thinks Patsy came up with the foreign faction because she tried the Susan Smith angle, only to remember that there are no black people in Boulder! LOL.

"I rather think "attache" has become an American word, have heard it all my life right here in this country."

Especially in military families. Dad was a marine in Vietnam. Spoke French pretty well (another former colony, you know.)

Patsy was thinking 100% American when she wrote the note, plagiarizing several American movie scripts.

And clearly, American crimes were on her mind. A few days later in their CNN interview, Patsy brought up OJ Simpson and Susan Smith, the young woman who drove her children into the water...

Then mentions a lost faith in the American family.

IMO she took the beheading idea from the Adam Walsh case.

"And clearly, American crimes were on her mind. A few days later in their CNN interview, Patsy brought up OJ Simpson and Susan Smith, the young woman who drove her children into the water..."

Yeah, two GUILTY people!

Holdontoyourhat said:
My point is, the 'parts about foreign faction and beheading' dont really suggest an Islamic militant at all. Instead, they could suggest a far left fat cat beheader.
Do you really believe a far-left 'fat cat' beheader would write that he 'respects' John Ramsey's business, Access Graphics, a capitalist firm?? :)
Nothing fits together in that ransom note, HOTYH. Nothing. Which is why it makes no sense trying to read any factual meaning into that Ramsey Note.

rashomon said:
Do you really believe a far-left 'fat cat' beheader would write that he 'respects' John Ramsey's business, Access Graphics, a capitalist firm?? :)
Nothing fits together in that ransom note, HOTYH. Nothing. Which is why it makes no sense trying to read any factual meaning into that Ramsey Note.
FWIW, the most important piece of evidence is the ransom note and then the fibers under the tape and in the garrotte. SHE IS SO GUILTY. imo.:D

rashomon said:
Yes, I really believe a far-left fat cat beheader would write that he 'respects' JR's business.

"We respect your business, but not the country that it serves"

This is a lure, or an attempt on the part of the perp, to legitimize the activity that JR's business is involved in, while questioning the nationalistic loyalty of the business. Loyalty is the basis, or underlying topic, that seems to pertain to this remark in the ransom note. With such a complex concept going on here, how can you say that it makes no sense to read any meaning into the 'Ramsey Note'??

"how can you say that it makes no sense to read any meaning into the 'Ramsey Note'??"

Because it's completely nonsensical. It's an immature mishmash of conflicting motives, non-sequiters and irrelevant ramblings, most likely written by someone who didn't know what the hell they were doing and had to put in a lot of stuff that sounded good. The way this person figured, the more they wrote, the better it sounded because it allowed them to get further away.

"Nothing fits together in that ransom note, HOTYH."

That's right.

"FWIW, the most important piece of evidence is the ransom note and then the fibers under the tape and in the garrotte. SHE IS SO GUILTY. imo."

And that's the saddest part of all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back