ME ME - Anneliese Heinig, 37, Richmond, 26 Nov 2019 *vehicle found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish someone could have reached her..... I think we all wish we could have.

Depression is a nasty thing. It tricks one into believing the worst about themselves. I pray for her and her loved ones and for the chance that, maybe, somehow, she is still alive somewhere.

Missing Richmond woman struggled with mental health, substance abuse

“We’ve come to terms with the fact that we have to face the reality that Anneliese is gone,” her father, Christopher Heinig, said in an interview.

My heart hit the pit of my stomach when I read that statement. How terribly sad.
I don’t know if I could come to terms with that/say that until I knew for sure my child was gone. (MOO)

•her vehicle sat for 7 hours before being towed
•LE are the ones that pinged her phone
•the last probable sighting of Heinig, walking south along the side of I-295 was at a time of day when traffic on that stretch of highway starts to pick up for the day.
*At 6 a.m., the equivalent of 929 vehicles per hour passed that spot
*By 7 a.m., the volume of traffic had increased to 1,637 automobiles per hour

•her vehicle sat for 7 hours before being towed
•LE are the ones that pinged her phone
•the last probable sighting of Heinig, walking south along the side of I-295 was at a time of day when traffic on that stretch of highway starts to pick up for the day.
*At 6 a.m., the equivalent of 929 vehicles per hour passed that spot
*By 7 a.m., the volume of traffic had increased to 1,637 automobiles per hour
Not to mention it was low tide at that time.

This is really bothering me. So how is it out of say, 2500 cars going by, only one person, a tow truck driver, saw her walking? I'm not doubting the witness, just saying it is odd that no one else came forward to say that they saw her walking away from her car.

Not to mention it was low tide at that time.

This is really bothering me. So how is it out of say, 2500 cars going by, only one person, a tow truck driver, saw her walking? I'm not doubting the witness, just saying it is odd that no one else came forward to say that they saw her walking away from her car.
Something else that bothers me is why they are dead set in focusing their search in this area.
Do they have information that hasn’t been shared that gives them a reason to not look into other theories?
The latest article stated if a note from A was left, it hasn’t been shared.
As busy as that area was, the attn this case is getting, and there’s nobody else who saw her walking or nobody who remembers seeing a woman standing near the edge of a bridge?
Also, even though she’s had some rough patches, it seems she was getting better, working, interacting daily with ppl in the community, etc..
Idk...personally it bothers me that so many are pretty much dead set on the suicide theory...not to say it may not be true...but still.

Something else that bothers me is why they are dead set in focusing their search in this area.
Do they have information that hasn’t been shared that gives them a reason to not look into other theories?
The latest article stated if a note from A was left, it hasn’t been shared.
As busy as that area was, the attn this case is getting, and there’s nobody else who saw her walking or nobody who remembers seeing a woman standing near the edge of a bridge?
Also, even though she’s had some rough patches, it seems she was getting better, working, interacting daily with ppl in the community, etc..
Idk...personally it bothers me that so many are pretty much dead set on the suicide theory...not to say it may not be true...but still.

I know. I have been wrong before on another lady's suicide, coincidentally in Maine as well.

It's just that some things are standing out to me that seem odd. I think it's the low tide, plus the lack of a couple of more witnesses that saw her, that's got me hesitating. Or perhaps she did harm herself elsewhere, but how would she have gotten there? Plus she was excited for her daughter's birthday coming up that weekend.

I dunno. I don’t want to believe it was suicide but even her family believes she’s gone by her own will. Know what I mean?

It has bothered me all along that out of the hundreds of people who had to have traveled that area at that time of day, that only one person saw her, the tow truck driver. What are the odds? But, I’m back to many of the other indicators that it was self harm/suicide.

Once again, I had a suicide in my family, I do not use the term lightly. I saw first hand the devastation it causes. I know all the guilt and guessing that goes on with family members later as to why they didn’t see it, why they didn’t do more, why they couldn’t stop it. It’s painful. I’ve lived with it for years and wouldn’t wish it on anyone. IME

The statement from the past that she threatened to jump off a bridge makes it all the more likely that’s what she did, especially finding her vehicle abandoned n a bridge, wallet, and phone left in car.

I can’t tell you how many people I have talked to in the past day who say they are depressed. I think T’is the season. It’s cold, it’s overcast, gets dark earlier, it’s dreary, Christmas is around the corner. It brings back memories of Christmases past and people who were present that no longer are and a yearning for things that were. It happens every year.

Anneliese had it rough for while, with relationships with her child and the man in her life. Her struggles with mental illness and substance abuse don’t help one bit. My heart goes out to her and her family. This is going to take time to recover her. IMO

Well said.

Mental illness is a b****. Add in drugs and constant interactions with the police and I'll bet the family is both heartbroken and exhausted. It's very taxing to deal with someone like that, even when you love them. Worse, still, she remains missing so no resolution until it's found out what happened. Thank God her little boy is with his daddy. The 16 year old is in for a rough road and she looks to be living in the fast lane, already.

Mental illness is a b****. Add in drugs and constant interactions with the police and I'll bet the family is both heartbroken and exhausted. It's very taxing to deal with someone like that, even when you love them. Worse, still, she remains missing so no resolution until it's found out what happened. Thank God her little boy is with his daddy. The 16 year old is in for a rough road and she looks to be living in the fast lane, already.
Spot on with all you’re saying. Sad for everyone indeed.

I dunno. I don’t want to believe it was suicide but even her family believes she’s gone by her own will. Know what I mean?

It has bothered me all along that out of the hundreds of people who had to have traveled that area at that time of day, that only one person saw her, the tow truck driver. What are the odds? But, I’m back to many of the other indicators that it was self harm/suicide.

Once again, I had a suicide in my family, I do not use the term lightly. I saw first hand the devastation it causes. I know all the guilt and guessing that goes on with family members later as to why they didn’t see it, why they didn’t do more, why they couldn’t stop it. It’s painful. I’ve lived with it for years and wouldn’t wish it on anyone. IME
So sorry for your and your family’s loss. It is a tough thing to get past. There have been several students I’ve taught over the years that have done this, and it is never easy to understand. So difficult for those left behind. .

Agreed on what’s happened to Anneliese. Her family and LE seemed to know from the beginning. They always had way more info than the public and we here have been aware of. I speculated to myself that perhaps she left a note. In any case, she had a history. Just heartbreaking.

I think the family was very brave and honest in making her struggles public via the media. Millions of people suffer from depression and substance abuse issues...they are not issues that should always be kept secret...awareness may help others recognize such issues within their own families. And suicide is one of the growing causes of death in the US yet still barely discussed.
Jmo

Oh my heart. Things make more sense now.

Full disclosure: I am 11 years sober but struggled with terrible PTSD, depression, anxiety, and substance abuse for years after a particularly traumatic incident at a young age left me without the tools or support to cope. PTSD and depression still rear their persistent heads. When I read stories like AH’s, I am reminded that that could so easily have been me. My heart hurts terribly for her snd how she must have been feeling, and even more so for her family knowing what they’re going through.

I hope she found the peace she was seeking.

Oh my heart. Things make more sense now.

Full disclosure: I am 11 years sober but struggled with terrible PTSD, depression, anxiety, and substance abuse for years after a particularly traumatic incident at a young age left me without the tools or support to cope. PTSD and depression still rear their persistent heads. When I read stories like AH’s, I am reminded that that could so easily have been me. My heart hurts terribly for her snd how she must have been feeling, and even more so for her family knowing what they’re going through.

I hope she found the peace she was seeking.

@Beth11311 I'm so glad that you were able to get yourself to a better place and I'm sorry that you ever had to go through any of that. I feel terribly for Anneliese and her family. I am still hoping for the best.

@Beth11311 I'm so glad that you were able to get yourself to a better place and I'm sorry that you ever had to go through any of that. I feel terribly for Anneliese and her family. I am still hoping for the best.
Thank you - I consider myself one of the lucky ones. So many that I’ve known over the years were not and I can’t count how many I’ve had to say goodbye to, whether to OD, suicide, or being harmed by bad people in their lives. I hope her family can find her. They deserve closure.

Her father sounds like an amazing man. I’m very sad for her daughter, who it sounds like was already on a destructive path. This will surely help catapult her onwards down into the depths.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member