Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said Otto it is either the most inept or most brilliant. I believe what played the biggest role in his decisions was the atmosphere and the expectation no matter what was presented in a Court of Law to find them guilty that was the overriding factor

Guilty by atmosphere & expectation. That's a new one. Isn't it unfortunate for Knox that no one has been able to dig up some dirt to discredit the judge ... not for lack of trying, I suspect.

Guilty by atmosphere & expectation. That's a new one. Isn't it unfortunate for Knox that no one has been able to dig up some dirt to discredit the judge ... not for lack of trying, I suspect.

You dont need dirt Otto. You simply need to read the Motivation Report and the holes are glaring.

Time for me to get some rest as I have a long day of meetings tomorrow

She did not leave him there. The ILE did. In fact they would not even completely clear him for some time after he was released from prison. As well they refused to give him back his business license. This had nothing to do with what AK said. This was the decision only of the ILE. She even stated in her Gift statement that this seemed more unreal than real.

She is a 20 year old girl at the time not the ILE. She also was not the one that beat him up, paraded him around town etc. At some point they must take responsibility for their role in that. You cant blame AK for it all. I agree she should not of named him but I can see how it happened and it happens to good people as well.

20 years old is considered to be an adult, no longer a girl.

He was not beat up ... that was published in one news article in the ragmag Daily Mail, and that very same article was filled with slanderous remarks about Knox. The article was not factual.

Yes, Knox lied and caused Patrick's arrest, and then she hid the truth from authorities, keeping him in jail for 2 weeks.

No, there was no rape. There was a sexual assault.
I don't think the report was conclusive on that. It was probably manual rape (assault if you like) I believe, but lets not speculate on that. It is bad enough as it is.

I don't think the report was conclusive on that. It was probably manual rape (assault if you like) I believe, but lets not speculate on that. It is bad enough as it is.

I agree ... there is no question about sexual assault, but nothing further could be concluded. I objected to the claim made earlier that Rudy was there to commit burglary, and then switched to rape and murder. I viewed the "rape and murder" statement as misleading as it is not supported by facts.

There was no leap. Amanda said that Meredith often locked her bedroom door, Filomina said that was not true. Amanda suggested it was normal, Filomina insisted police break down the door. Police were reluctant to take responsibility for breaking down the door, so Filomina accepted full responsibility.

Amanda claimed she was so panicked about the door that she and Raffaele tried to break it down. They cracked the door, and then stopped. After police arrived, they were no longer panicked. As Sherlockh posted earlier, it's all clearly explained in the Motivation Report. Several witnesses were present when Amanda said there was no need to worry about the locked bedroom door.

This is another one of those unfavorable facts for Amanda ... and one that needs to be swept under the carpet in order to argue that she is a victim ... just another inconvenient fact for the convicted murderer.

,,,that would fit with my theory that she simply did not want to be confronted with a murdercase...after all she had plans that day.

,,,that would fit with my theory that she simply did not want to be confronted with a murdercase...after all she had plans that day.

Amanda and Raffaele had plans from Nov 1 in the afternoon until the end of the day Nov 2. We're not sure what happened between 8:40 PM and 6 AM from Nov 1 to Nov 2 because Amanda and Raffaele have changed their stories. The claim that they were at Raffaele's apartment eating, watching Amelie, having sex, showering, spilling water all over the kitchen floor and leaving it there ... has been proven false. They did have plans to go to a country fair on Nov 2, but they did nothing to prepare for this day trip. That in itself may not be entirely out of place, but even on the morning of the day that the body was discovered, they were still not doing anything to get organized for the trip (Raffaele still had to get the car ready) ... they should have been on their way by noon, but they weren't. They were still hop scotching from apartment to cottage, not phoning, but walking there and back (with a mop?) to shower, eat lunch, mop a floor, walk back.

Plans? In the morning, after sleeping from 6 AM until 10, I think they were still trying to figure out what to do about their drug fuelled fuzzy, hazy, crazy night before. Amanda went back to check it out ... then left the cottage to get Raffaele (wouldn't want to register the phone to the cottage just yet ... or what? ... why not phone? ... hadn't she just been alarmed by blood and a break in?) but stopped for lunch first. Then the pair headed back to the cottage. While they were there, standing outside the front door smooching, who should stumble upon them but the postal police.

Sure they were phoning the police, but Filomina was on her way. Rather than phone the police, he phoned his sister (what, he didn't know whom to call regarding an apparent break in?).

How things would have been different if Filomina had arrived first. The entire scene would have been trampled ... most likely obscuring evidence leading to Amanda and Raffaele. The only evidence would have been some other guy (who was in Germany). What if Rudy's prints were not registered with the police, and this came down to a trampled scene with a print from an unknown suspect.

What a different story it would be if Filomina and her three friends had arrived first and trampled the scene, the postal police had never arrived, and Filomina was the one to first call the caribinieri. That is what the timeline suggests.

I think it's rather significant that Amanda's room was untouched. All this talk about Rudy breaking in to steal rent money ... was Amanda's rent money no good?

Laura and Filomina had alibis and were automatically excluded as having contributed to the evidence that was revealed with luminol (evidence that had been cleaned up).
It was supposed that Filomina collected rent from all the girls, which RG may have overheard, hence, he looked in her room for the envelope containing all.

She had a boyfriend, and she had smoked pot with her boyfriend. Are these facts "something bad"?
I think what is being stated is that we cannot make AK wear the black hat and MK the white hat, as in the old days when the "nice girl" was a virgin who would never drink or smoke. MK was sexually active and smoked pot. Nothing bad, but AK was not some polar opposite or something.

How would Rudy know who collected the money? I haven't read anywhere that he had any relationship with Filomina. Filomina didn't party with the guys downstairs, like Amanda did. Are you suggesting that Amanda told Rudy that the rent money would be in Filomina's bedroom? Why would Amanda tell him that?
He may have overheard this at Le Chic. It happens all the time: I knew someone who was robbed after being overheard at a bar saying they had a lot of cash on their kitchen table and had to take it to the bank. When they got home, the door had been kicked in and the money was gone.

There was no rape.

It seems very strange that the hypothetical burglar was only interested in ransacking Filomina's bedroom, but not in stealing anything ... and then simply decided to leave Laura and Amanda's rooms untouched. What a confused burglar!
There was certainly sexual molestation, as Rudy's DNA was found inside of MK.

Amanda and Raffaele had plans from Nov 1 in the afternoon until the end of the day Nov 2. We're not sure what happened between 8:40 PM and 6 AM from Nov 1 to Nov 2 because Amanda and Raffaele have changed their stories. The claim that they were at Raffaele's apartment eating, watching Amelie, having sex, showering, spilling water all over the kitchen floor and leaving it there ... has been proven false. They did have plans to go to a country fair on Nov 2, but they did nothing to prepare for this day trip. That in itself may not be entirely out of place, but even on the morning of the day that the body was discovered, they were still not doing anything to get organized for the trip (Raffaele still had to get the car ready) ... they should have been on their way by noon, but they weren't. They were still hop scotching from apartment to cottage, not phoning, but walking there and back (with a mop?) to shower, eat lunch, mop a floor, walk back.

Plans? In the morning, after sleeping from 6 AM until 10, I think they were still trying to figure out what to do about their drug fuelled fuzzy, hazy, crazy night before. Amanda went back to check it out ... then left the cottage to get Raffaele (wouldn't want to register the phone to the cottage just yet ... or what? ... why not phone? ... hadn't she just been alarmed by blood and a break in?) but stopped for lunch first. Then the pair headed back to the cottage. While they were there, standing outside the front door smooching, who should stumble upon them but the postal police.

Sure they were phoning the police, but Filomina was on her way. Rather than phone the police, he phoned his sister (what, he didn't know whom to call regarding an apparent break in?).

How things would have been different if Filomina had arrived first. The entire scene would have been trampled ... most likely obscuring evidence leading to Amanda and Raffaele. The only evidence would have been some other guy (who was in Germany). What if Rudy's prints were not registered with the police, and this came down to a trampled scene with a print from an unknown suspect.

What a different story it would be if Filomina and her three friends had arrived first and trampled the scene, the postal police had never arrived, and Filomina was the one to first call the caribinieri. That is what the timeline suggests.
Well, given all this, Otto, a day trip would indeed be put off if one discovered a possible robbery and knew one would be dealing with the police. YES, how different if Filomina and friends had been the ones to come in, traipze through, touch things (as is natural when one is first coming upon an unexpected scence)----so given all this, then, IYO, why did not RS and AK think of this, go away for the weekend, and leave Filomina and the others to do this? As you say, they did not know RG was on file with LE, so it would have been perfect. They away for the weekend, others making the discovery and touching the scene and dealing with police, and RG's work looking like that of an anoymous buglar. Was it not "consciousness of innocence" which made them stay and deal with polizia???:waitasec:

It was supposed that Filomina collected rent from all the girls, which RG may have overheard, hence, he looked in her room for the envelope containing all.

Who did he overhear it from? Neither AK nor RS admit to seeing him that night, as I recall.

How would she know there was a murder case, if the door was locked and she hasn't seen the body?

I think it's rather significant that Amanda's room was untouched. All this talk about Rudy breaking in to steal rent money ... was Amanda's rent money no good?

Laura and Filomina had alibis and were automatically excluded as having contributed to the evidence that was revealed with luminol (evidence that had been cleaned up).

RG may simply have chose MK room first - he was surprised when he saw her return before he had time to go thru the other rooms.

How good are L and F's alibis? Was LE more interested in finding AK guilty at the time than checking to see if the alibis of others were rock solid? I say this not to pick on you Otto, but because I feel LE was quick to focus their efforts on digging into every detail about AK, while not paying much attention to things to do with the other gals... any info regarding the other gals would be appreciated.

Who did he overhear it from? Neither AK nor RS admit to seeing him that night, as I recall.
Right, but it is possible it happened. I had even thought they might have suggested it to RG. It is just supposition, but it might explain a few things.

RG may simply have chose MK room because he was surprise to see her return before he had time to go thru the other room.

How good were L and F's alibis? Was LE more interested in find AK guilty than checking the alibis of others?
This is a good point which a commentator brought up some time ago, Why were ILE so quick to believe L and F, and not AK and RS? Why did L and F so quickly put Amanda down? It was suggested that they may have wanted to make her look bad, to make themselves looks less suspect (even assuming they were not involved in any way, who wants to be part of a group to discover a murder scene in your own home?)---why did the police trust L and F as character witnesses about Amanda? How reliable were their reports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53