MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait until you experience watching your first case go to trial. Sitting in here Day after day with your co-sleuthers agonizing and ripping apart testimony.
That was me with Travis Alexander, I could not stop watching!

I can't image... I'm a new sleuther. I have yet to experience one of my frequented threads go to trial :eek:

My first case was in 2007. Jessie Marie Davis who was pregnant and murdered by her cop boyfriend, Bobby Cutts. It literally happened in my backyard. I went out on the search parties for her. Desperate need for information, I found WS. Shortly thereafter, Casey Anthony happened.

That case consumed me. My daughter was about the same age as Caylee. This forum was a saving grace for me.

Regarding the two vehicles that were seized from the SG's home: it's fairly unlikely that both vehicles would have been involved in transporting Dani, right? So if they processed both vehicles and only found evidence in one of them, would they return the other one fairly quickly?

I can't imagine it wouldn't be returned fairly quickly as there would be no reason to continue holding something that lacked any evidence. My BIL was murdered, shot several times standing outside his vehicle. It was taken for processing, but the family was able to pick it up within a few days. JMO

Regarding the two vehicles that were seized from the SG's home: it's fairly unlikely that both vehicles would have been involved in transporting Dani, right? So if they processed both vehicles and only found evidence in one of them, would they return the other one fairly quickly?

Well said.

It's amazing isn't it, how a stranger can enter your heart and become so important to you. That's what makes being a WS junkie so difficult. It's almost a constant state of grief and anxiety. It's hard for outside people to get that....(read that as my husband lol)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
You can get addicted to certain emotions. I'm not sure what anyone else is addicted to, but mine is hope coupled with the relief when someone is okay. They are too short lived, however.

Unfortunately, the more common emotions for me are grief and disbelief and the need for closure.

I keep telling myself to quit this place, but I keep accidentally opening new threads. And the whole cycle starts all over. I hope my semi detached input and support has meaning to those who are suffering. It does to me.

I handle insurance claims, almost all of which are auto. In my experience, 30 days is usually the minimum length of time police will keep a vehicle when an accident involves a fatality but there are no drugs, alcohol, or foul play involved. If any of these factors come into play, it can be considerably longer. Here and there you'll find departments that will turn them over faster but it's rare and, even then, not all that much faster.

Now maybe it's different if the vehicle was just a place where a victim spent time shortly before a crime occurred, idk. Just throwing in my 2 cents.

I can't imagine it wouldn't be returned fairly quickly as there would be no reason to continue holding something that lacked any evidence. My BIL was murdered, shot several times standing outside his vehicle. It was taken for processing, but the family was able to pick it up within a few days. JMO

I'd guess that's because the bil car wasn't used during the crime by a perp. I'd think if they have any shred of connection they keep it. If they think Dani was transported in either of both vehicle sg won't be seeing those cars again.

You can get addicted to certain emotions. I'm not sure what anyone else is addicted to, but mine is hope coupled with the relief when someone is okay. They are too short lived, however.

Unfortunately, the more common emotions for me are grief and disbelief and the need for closure.

I keep telling myself to quit this place, but I keep accidentally opening new threads. And the whole cycle starts all over. I hope my semi detached input and support has meaning to those who are suffering. It does to me.

BBM

It matters to me, too. I think (I hope) we are helping with words of compassion and support.

BBM

It matters to me, too. I think (I hope) we are helping with words of compassion and support.
Compassion and genuine support for victims drew me initially to Websleuths and this is why I stay.

Posts by both of you are insightful while kind and extremely supportive.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

As we all know, these threads are searchable. Anyone and everyone can read what we are writing. Knowing that, I also hope that the families of these victims know that we are doing what we can to bring justice and closure.
Sometimes families and friends just like to see that their case is still relevant and still being talked about, it gives them hope.

As far as the car impound goes, I think it varies state by state and maybe even department to department depending on the crime. I remember a local case where they impounded a car ( it was a pearl colored Cadillac and I liked it so that's how come it got stuck in my memory. Lol!) Anyway, after it was processed, it sat here at the impound lot for so long that all the tires went flat and it was eventually covered leaves and bird crap. It was there for more then a year for sure. So who knows when they'll release the cars taken from SG , if at all.

Every morning and every evening I travel pass the building that ML is located to go to work. This morning as I passed 9 mile and came to a red light seen a man walking with his security guard uniform on. I instantly thought of POI while the hair stood up on my neck. I said a silent prayer for resolution.
My heart hurts over this case. Maybe because she reminds me of my younger sister. Seeing how loving, caring and silliness spirit she has how could you not want want to know her?! I've helped when I've had time post fliers up and down Telegraph at businesses for them to eventually take down and say "Bad for business" which I replied would it be bad business if it was your loved one?!
I send my love, prayers to her parents and siblings and friends. I also say a prayer for whomever did this to do the right thing and come forward. Doesn t hurt to pray.. Until then we stay hopeful. [emoji120] [emoji179]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

I used to live in Oakland County. Would the trial be the court on (off of) Telegraph? Thanks
I think that's likely unless it becomes a federal case because it turns out that Dani was taken across state lines.

Fundraiser for missing Farmington Hills woman Saturday

The Detroit News Published 6:02 p.m. ET Jan. 26, 2017 | Updated 16 hours ago

A fundraiser is planned Saturday in Plymouth Township to boost a reward now at nearly $130,000 for tips in the case of a missing Farmington Hills woman.

A women-only self-defense event fundraiser is scheduled from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday to support efforts to find Danielle Stislicki, 28, who vanished Dec. 2 after leaving work.

A $20 donation per participant will be collected upon entry at the event, which is led by Second Nature Self Defense, 40700 Ann Arbor Road in Plymouth Township, organizers said in a post on the Find Danielle Stislicki Facebook page...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...01/26/danielle-stislicki-fundraiser/97108348/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix