GUILTY MI - Stephen McAfee, 19, Macomb Township, 10 March 2016 *Arrests*

The thing I noticed in both FB pages of his is that he uses songs to describe his feelings. My brother (Asperger's) does this, he can't find the words to communicate what's going on in his head so he will post song lyrics or a link to a song instead.

No one in the family seems to respond to questions on his help find him page. Lid seems tight on this case (and I am local and know of his mother from high school).

The thing I noticed in both FB pages of his is that he uses songs to describe his feelings. My brother (Asperger's) does this, he can't find the words to communicate what's going on in his head so he will post song lyrics or a link to a song instead.

i don't have asperger's and do the same, i use songs or poems on my FB status depending on the mood i am in, been doing it for years (i am a genX)
same with driving, never learned because i am scared of cars and find the stress outweighs the advantages of having a licence

unless the family has confirmed a diagnosis of asperger's we are just speculating

Lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, quom qualis sit non novit

His Sept. 1 post on the second page mentions a ride to the hospital but doesn't say what for (or even when for that matter....could be totally unrelated, just thought I'd throw it out there).

One thing I notice on both of Stephen's pages is that his posts get plenty of likes but hardly anyone responds to them... just an observation.

I think the above mention of asperger's is a possibility, IMO. My 15-year old son with asperger's says he doesn't think he wants to learn to drive because he believes his asperger's would make it hard for him to concentrate and drive safely.
I just looked at the page and he posted before that, either in June or July, saying that he cant wait until september. then there was a post August 31st saying he was home. Then the post your talking about was in september and was talking about a song he was listening to in the back of his dads car on the way to the hospital. My guess is that he was admitted somewhere during last summer... for what idk. But I think either for something mentally wrong with him, or knowing his friend group, could be drug related as well.

Okay So i went on the Macomb County Case search site and found out he does have some sort of mental disability. There is an open developmentally disabled case. The last court date was 12/29/2015 and was to petition to appoint guardianship which made his mother his legal guardian. If his dad saw him leaving at 2:30 in the morning then why would he not stop him.
http://courtpa.macombgov.org/eservi...ZOjW6eCuompCIwLpMFB3asZQ*xNuluNMwVn6TP7ys2*LQ
not sure if the link will work because you have to except the terms but you can search macomb county case lookup on good and find the site then type his name in there.

i don't have asperger's and do the same, i use songs or poems on my FB status depending on the mood i am in, been doing it for years (i am a genX)
same with driving, never learned because i am scared of cars and find the stress outweighs the advantages of having a licence

unless the family has confirmed a diagnosis of asperger's we are just speculating

Lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, quom qualis sit non novit

Like I said in my original post, where I noted that the photos he posts of himself give me an Asperger's vibe, the family has not identified him as having Asperger's.

And however you want to look at it, if you are an adult not living in a city with excellent mass transit, not driving or even having a license is odd. I happen to live right in the area and you are nowhere without a car, even bus service where he lives is poor.

Posting some of his photos as he has a wide range of looks.

b.jpgbb.jpgbbb.jpgbbbb.jpgbbbbbb.jpg

No one in the family seems to respond to questions on his help find him page. Lid seems tight on this case (and I am local and know of his mother from high school).
they really don't and i am almost about to give up. i have resources and the mental ability to collect information and get more clues regarding this case. I have taken crime investigation courses and have educated myself. Only thing holding me back from being an investigator is the fact i have no interest in being a police officer. I have already put together a decent list of "what-ifs" and have a two page list of what to investigate and ask about. There's obviously something known that all of us don't. There's missing persons out there that i could be focusing my time on but since i live in macomb county i thought i would try to come up with at least one thing the investigators could work with. His family making a facebook page dedicated to finding him is pointless when any questions dont get answered and the page just keeps reposted old news articles. sorry im pissed because im invested in this. His family needs to realize investigators and social media only go so far. especially in macomb county...... Sorry but if this was my loved one i would be doing way more instead of getting butt hurt when people ask why theres not anymore information

Maybe Stephen checked himself in to a hospital and doesn't want anyone - including family members - to know his whereabouts. He's over 18 and has the right to privacy in medical matters. Since there aren't organized searches and family members don't seem overly concerned, I think there's a good chance that Stephen is safe (perhaps in a mental health facility) and prefers that the public doesn't know the details. I hope this is the case and that no harm has come to the young man. :moo:

I'm kind of at a loss with this case, his NAMUS doesn't identify him as a vulnerable adult at all, even though the court case info clearly identifies him as someone who may be a vulnerable adult. The case is still open on NAMUS, so I'm assuming he's still missing.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/32924

I'm kind of at a loss with this case, his NAMUS doesn't identify him as a vulnerable adult at all, even though the court case info clearly identifies him as someone who may be a vulnerable adult. The case is still open on NAMUS, so I'm assuming he's still missing.

agreeded... Maybe if the news and media knew about his mental condition or whatever you wanna call it, dthe public would be taking more action. But the Facebook page created for his disappearance only posts the same news articles over and over so unless he's out there and finally comes back home there is no hope in finding him. Because if he left with the intension to not be found he's not going to be obviously. His own friends don't even know where he is. Questions don't get answered by the family and there has been no physical search for him.

agreeded... Maybe if the news and media knew about his mental condition or whatever you wanna call it, dthe public would be taking more action. But the Facebook page created for his disappearance only posts the same news articles over and over so unless he's out there and finally comes back home there is no hope in finding him. Because if he left with the intension to not be found he's not going to be obviously. His own friends don't even know where he is. Questions don't get answered by the family and there has been no physical search for him.

Sounds to me the family does not think anything nefarious happened to him. jmo

:welcome: NYArtist.

I asked a while ago if Stephen has a girlfriend. I think he might be staying with a friend and doesn't want to be located. I hope he's safe.

I live about 10 minutes away from Macomb and honestly hadn't heard about this case until I saw it on here!
I went back and looked through the local news outlets, but haven't found anything 'new' or different than what has been already provided to the thread.

On a side note, if I wanted to disappear for awhile (and it wasn't drug related) St Clair Shores, Roseville or even Fraser would probably be my location of choice.
In my opinion only, of course.

Thanks, Betty Davis Eyes for the welcome. I hope something turns up soon for this young man. At least some searching done or questions asked within his circle of friends.

I don't live in Macomb County (Oakland) and wonder if anyone here from the east side has seen posters with Stephen's photo, stats, LE contact info, etc.? I'm not aware of any scheduled searches but hope the public has been made aware of this missing young man. Very little media coverage :(

I haven't seen any posters up around the east side of Macomb County.Today I made multiple stops to different stores, all the way from Rochester down to Roseville...and still nothing.
Also, I work for one of the big hospital systems in the area and haven't heard anything (as far as him being missing, or to keep a look out for him).

Weird. On his "missing" page on FB, his family is adamant that they are doing everything they can. It sure doesn't seem like it. Maybe they don't know what to do? I'm at a loss to even understand why there isn't more coverage. (News, flyers, etc)

Weird. On his "missing" page on FB, his family is adamant that they are doing everything they can. It sure doesn't seem like it. Maybe they don't know what to do? I'm at a loss to even understand why there isn't more coverage. (News, flyers, etc)

There is a thread here with advice for families on what to do when their loved one goes missing. Maybe you could post the link on their fb page?

ETA: This is the thread I was thinking of, don't know though how up to date the info is, but surely at least some of it should be helpful.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?34725-Assistance-for-Families-of-the-Missing

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back