MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
myself i take my cell phone wherever i am i sleep with mine in my hand and lay it on counter when taking a bath within reach but guess everyone is different

I do this too. When I take a shower, I also lock the bathroom door (I don't have children). I tend to do this even when someone else is in the house or when I am traveling, etc. People think I'm nuts.

For those of you with no landline in your home.....do you leave your cell in another room at night or do you take it into the bedroom with you?

No landline ... and I never leave my cell phone in another room when I sleep ... :waitasec: I also use it as a back-up alarm clock.

My cell is always within an "arm's reach" ...

This is O/T but this situation reminds me of the brazenness of this situation, and how sometimes criminals are just really ridiculously brazen – and they sometimes get away with it!

I was a resident adviser while I was in college a few years ago. After midnight, all of the outside doors to my dorm locked. Further, the individual dorm rooms were located on floors 2-7, and entry to these floors were always locked (students have key cards to swipe in). However, there was one special dorm room suite on the ground floor; five guys, who were my friends, lived there.

Right outside their special dorm room was an outside entrance to the dorm. Although it locked at midnight, this door was old and didn’t close all the way unless someone physically pushed it.

One morning, those five guys awoke and realized that two of their laptops and a jacket were missing! As a resident adviser, I was involved with viewing the security cameras for the incident. I was SHOCKED.

A man – who was definitely NOT a resident and not of college age – broke into the dorm through the door that didn’t close all the way. He immediately entered the five guys’ dorm room. They had forgotten to lock their door. Seconds later, cameras showed him emerge with a laptop and jacket. He disappeared and then returned BACK TO THE SAME ROOM! This time he got another lap top. THEN! HE CAME BACK AGAIN! This time he tried to enter the dorms upstairs– but they were locked. Then he wandered around the rest of the dorm, including basement, and fortunately, couldn’t enter the fitness or laundry rooms down there.

Four of the five young men who lived in that room were there, sleeping. NONE WOKE UP. The fifth was in the dorm’s lounge, studying. He left his room unlocked so he didn’t have to bring his keys to the lounge.

Plus, my dorm had 600 residents, who come and go at all hours of the night. HOW BOLD CAN YOU GET?! I don’t think they caught the dude either. It just terrifies me – he entered around 4 a.m., probably the deadest time of the night. What if one of my female residents had finished late night laundry and ran into him – alone – in the dorm basement? It made me sick to think.

After that incident, I stopped wandering the campus late at night. And I bought mace. Ugh.

I've been searching for that answer and I can't find it. I'm pretty sure it hasn't been clarified.

in the fox call in interview he said the mother was asleep with the five year old iirc

:tyou: Thanks for this Timeline ... it was very helpful !

Respectfully snipped and RBBM:

So ... when the dad came home, he found most of the lights on -- was the mother still asleep when the father came home ?

moo ...
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/10/0...irwin-speaks-out-pleads-for-daughters-return/

Irwin said he noticed first that the front door was unlocked, that most of the lights were on in the front room of the house, and that one of the front windows was open … all things which were cause for alarm. His fiancee was sound asleep, in bed with their two young sons, unaware that Lisa was missing.

I do this too. When I take a shower, I also lock the bathroom door (I don't have children). I tend to do this even when someone else is in the house or when I am traveling, etc. People think I'm nuts.

Off topic but I had to finally get a landline for $30/month cause I always carried my cell with me and would often put it where I couldn't find it. That landline has more than paid for itself monthly in helping me to find my cell phone!!:innocent:

I think this lead will be a good one. Has anyone heard if there was any follow up or results from the possible sighting at the Love truckstop yesterday?

I am thinkin..they had a yard sale,I think a week or so ago..so maybe someone was there and saw something and could not take with them,like a big enough car or not enough money,so the mother gives them her cell number and the perp calls later in the week to pick up the item or to pay the mother-whatever the reason,but the perp's phone number is on her cell..so when the perp breaks in,they know they have to find the cell phone so it does not lead to them-maybe they turned on the light to look for the phone and instead of finding one cell- they found 3 cell phones,but do not know which one had their number on it,so they take all 3! Pretty brazen-but not totally impossible..I think this is going to lead back to the yard sale!!!JMO and I am just think out loud!!-LOL

Wow, beginning to realize that I ask for trouble. Half the time I leave my cell phone in the car, I don't lock the door until at least midnight and I don't draw my blinds at night either. I'm a girl living alone. I think I need to get my act together :silenced:

And the whole fact that this little baby at any time could start crying

while in the house or the abductor walking out of the house

tells me this person has a personality that has no boundaries.

I could. At one point my family feared I would end up like Karen Silkwood. Ever sue anyone and won? End a business or personal relationship on a bad note? etc etc. I don't think any of them would get revenge, but I also know they wouldn't cry if I didn't wake up tomorrow. If my kid turned up missing I would name them asap.

ETA: in living life it's not hard to cross people and piss them off these days.

It shouldn't be a list of "I think this person is the type of person who would abduct a child."
I only have 2 of those people on my list.

It should be:

"This person had information about my house." (handyman, plumber, contractor. Elizabeth Smart.)
"This person showed interest in my child at the store." (Petit family.)

"This person has been trying to adopt a child who looks like mine."
"This person knew my schedule."
"This person gave me the creeps."
"That person paid too much attention to my child at our yard sale."
"This person does not like me."

I could definitely do 9.

The ex wife and her husband
My ex, his wife and any family members
My in laws (should pigs start flying and they start caring, you never know.)

Surely none of them would have done anything so stupid.
Am I sure enough to not have any of them checked out if my kid is GONE?
Absolutely not.

Then there are those who WOULD do something so stupid.

My my former friend's white supremacist husband who believes I should have aborted my oldest daughter because of her "disability."
My brother in law with the dead first wife.
My creepy uncle.

I'd be checking them out myself.

If there is a child missing... you are going to think of every possible person.
Although rarely the CORRECT person. Because you'd never suspect them... or don't "know" them.

If my niece goes missing? 9 people would just be a START.
Father, his family who hasn't been allowed to see her, stepfather's 1-3 and their kids... teachers, neighbors, co-workers, etc.

Im am so hoping this new lead pans out and baby Lisa comes home soon!

Off topic but I had to finally get a landline for $30/month cause I always carried my cell with me and would often put it where I couldn't find it. That landline has more than paid for itself monthly in helping me to find my cell phone!!:innocent:

I think this lead will be a good one. Has anyone heard if there was any follow up or results from the possible sighting at the Love truckstop yesterday?

http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1a12rJp62

St. Joseph Police: Checking tip of a possible baby matching Lisa's description at a Love's truck stop. Surveillance video has been sent to KCMO police to have them check it out.
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com...10/6/2011 3:02:57 AM

There have been no developments into the tip that a baby matching Lisa's description was spotted at a truck stop near St. Joseph, Mo.
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com...5:18 AM

I hope this shows

307627_126993390739938_125929840846293_105972_1844853130_n.jpg

321064_126993207406623_125929840846293_105970_489584048_n.jpg

Wow, beginning to realize that I ask for trouble. Half the time I leave my cell phone in the car, I don't lock the door until at least midnight and I don't draw my blinds at night either. I'm a girl living alone. I think I need to get my act together :silenced:

Wow! Yes you need to be careful. Even posting this on a public site is concerning to me.

My son does that too. He use to drive me crazy about that.

I have a land line and my cell is right next to my bed at night charging. I mainly want it there in case any one breaks in, alarm goes off and I am grabbing my phone and my two yorkies and either hiding in my closet or out a window.

mine goes on my bedside, but that is because I use the alarm feature on it to wake in the morning.

Husband's stays downstairs in the living room on the charger.
Exactly the same here. I also have a netbook just for my nightstand. Apparently, I feel the need to access the e-world at all times. :waitasec:

I realize the parents are in shock right now but it would be good to know if anything else is missing in the home. Lisa's birth certificate, vaccination records, toys, any other clothing?

Thank you Swanniee, what precious pictures! How I pray this lil sweetie is unharmed somewhere and is found SOON and returned to her parents!

Wow! Yes you need to be careful. Even posting this on a public site is concerning to me.

Good point, that was pretty stupid of me :doh:

I guess because I live in a very rural, very sleepy part of England, you kind of feel safer. There appears to be no-one around here but the retired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damnthatsux