MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to remind folks, Janelle went to the house barefooted that morning ( it's in the reports). Her boyfriend swept up the broken glass to prevent her cutting her foot, not to be a nice guy, and dumped it. There was a logical reason there. We also don't know for a fact that the globe that was broken, when the bulb itself still worked, wasn't accidentally broken by two tired, giddy girls going in. Unless those globes are screwed in tightly they can and do fall off when precariously balanced.

That's not entirely true. As I've said, some detectives weren't at an agreement over it.

Additionally I found these quotes for those who think former Chief Knowles's word is gospel.

"Former Police Chief Terry Knowles micromanaged the case and questioned possible suspects himself. Information obtained was not properly shared among the investigators, Webb says.

"The whole case was so unusual in the way it was conducted," he said. "It became a very politically charged environment, and people started taking sides. [It] was not only an emotional ride for the family but [also] for the investigators. It was also a career-ender for some of the officers, and I was one.

"I didn't quit or get fired, [but] I ended up getting reassigned because of disagreements over the way the case was going." (Sleuth Won't Give Up on Women Missing for 17 Years ... LA Community Policing)

I’m going by the case file. They questioned it over and over in it and it says they found no evidence.

True Crime Diary - The Springfield Three is an immediately found source to my post in case anyone wanted to know.

2006 was the one I posted.

The DA saying some cops didn't clear "the grave robbers" (meaning they may not have cleared at least one of the three) was filmed in 2017.

The DA did not say some cops didn’t clear them. He said some people did not agree, some people is not specifying who.

The DA did not say some cops didn’t clear them. He said some people did not agree, some people is not specifying who.
Operative word is "us."

When the DA says "us" who do you think he means?

"Some of us do not think they should be cleared" is not a hard statement to decode. It's pretty straightforward. Especially when you see his face and reaction. He means some LE didn't clear the grave robbers despite what Knowles did. Period.

Operative word is "us."

When the DA says "us" who do you think he means?

"Some of us do not think they should be cleared" is not a hard statement to decode. It's pretty straightforward. Especially when you see his face and reaction. He means LE didn't clear the grave robbers. Period.

I don’t like assumptions. Tabloids like to use words like that so they can’t get sued.

I don’t like assumptions. Tabloids like to use words like that so they can’t get sued.
Again, he's telling you some of LE hasn't cleared grave robbers. It's not clear if he means all three or one or two. But at least one isn't cleared to "some of us" meaning his friends in LE if you use context clues with the rest of the interview instead of pedantry.

Again, he's telling you some of LE hasn't cleared grave robbers. It's not clear if he means all three or one or two. But at least one isn't cleared to "some of us" meaning his friends in LE if you use context clues with the rest of the interview instead of pedantry.

Even if it is just him he can say us.

I’m so glad you brought this up! It’s crazy no one questioned Henson’s iffy alibi-not publicly anyway. I hope detectives followed up and it didn’t make the papers because there was nothing to it. I don’t know what it says about this investigation that the guy who swept up glass on the porch, with the iffy alibi, fades from the spotlight while people with alibis were and still are under scrutiny.
Thank You!!! Why do people just glaze right past that FACT. I find it very confusing, that with agencies such as SPD, FBI, COMET, Regional Major Case Taskforce, and the Regional Organized Crime Task force, etc., that even three months into the investigation, they still couldn't pin Mike H. down on his alibi.
This is something they should have been able to do.......In the first Week! Especially with all of those agencies investigating, and "Interviewing & Interrogating" people.

So it begs the question......WHY? And, does this issue also speak to, WHY he and his partner at the time, seemed to act so sketchy, and why their stories seem very strange/stetchy?

May be that's the smoking gun. IE. Why they couldn't verify Mike H.'s alibi 3-months into a Major Investigation......coupled with........Very Very strange and sketchy stories about "That Next Day".

Something to think about/Talk about.

Garrison dated Dusty's girlfriend's (JW) mother (JR). She *allegedly* called Garrison a bodyguard.

If the GGMC rumors about Garrison are true, that would mean he knows Mike's ex's (AH) dad (EH, confirmed Galloping Goose) as well. Lots of possible interactions and times to see each other.

Lots of possibilities for Mike/Dusty to meet a person who might've been a player in this. We can't keep banking on Detective Doug Thomas, with all the access he has to this case, being so stupid he leaned on Garrison all for nothing. Throw in Detective Mark Webb's comments about grave robbers in Disappeared (remember Irish, this could mean Joe or Dusty--not Mike...all three separate) then throw in Janis McCall herself seeing some kind of materials on Suzie's bookshelf that were "satanic" (her word choice) (Part 2 of Crime Watch Daily video). We have to presume that was a lead that had some kind of teeth for Janis to remember a bookshelf item after 25 1/2 years (when the Crime Watch Daily program aired).

We also know Garrison had a gun and his buddies had access to guns (source: felony gun charges on their records)

Before this derails into a minimization/rationalization of metal posters/cow skulls being considered "Satanic" and SPD being ignorant or what-have-you... I get all that. I get "Satanic Panic" but I am still curious in the lead. And what she saw, despite all that.
The issue I have with the whole "Satanic Issue" is that, that was the "Big Thing" in the late 80's early 90's. "Death Metal" and "Satan Music". And I know that a couple of the main detectives on this case, were churchy people. And back then, the churchs, especially the Baptist Churchs, were preaching that Heavy Metal and such, was of the Devil.......BIG TIME!

So Asher's comment on the Satanic books may have had some merit, in that she may have had one or two, but that wouldn't have been overly uncommon for that time period.

So in this case, I think Asher's making something out of nothing.

Again, just my two cents worth. :)

They looked into the occult matters extensively. It was 92 after all and they found nothing.
Yea.....I agree. The "Occult/Devil" crap was everywhere back then. Heavy Metal, Speed Metal, then Death Metal. The church's in this area lost their minds over Heavy Metal, and the rest.
They really played it up to be much much more than what it really was......just MUSIC!

Yea.....I agree. The "Occult/Devil" crap was everywhere back then. Heavy Metal, Speed Metal, then Death Metal. The church's in this area lost their minds over Heavy Metal, and the rest.
They really played it up to be much much more than what it really was......just MUSIC!

The whole country did at that time. I had a friend with a pet named Icarus and because her mom knew she listened to metal told all her friends she named her pet after the devil. Thankfully she finally told one the name and they actually knew the story so corrected her This was before google so little things like this spread lots of times with pure ignorance on the subject.

Thank You!!! Why do people just glaze right past that FACT. I find it very confusing, that with agencies such as SPD, FBI, COMET, Regional Major Case Taskforce, and the Regional Organized Crime Task force, etc., that even three months into the investigation, they still couldn't pin Mike H. down on his alibi.
This is something they should have been able to do.......In the first Week! Especially with all of those agencies investigating, and "Interviewing & Interrogating" people.

So it begs the question......WHY? And, does this issue also speak to, WHY he and his partner at the time, seemed to act so sketchy, and why their stories seem very strange/stetchy?

May be that's the smoking gun. IE. Why they couldn't verify Mike H.'s alibi 3-months into a Major Investigation......coupled with........Very Very strange and sketchy stories about "That Next Day".

Something to think about/Talk about.
On the surface it seems (to me) investigators were so hell bent on connecting the disappearances to Suzie’s and Sherrill’s lifestyles that they overlooked sketchy stories and alibis right under their noses. That MH’s alibi was mentioned in the press indicates they looked at him long and hard but what did they find? We can’t know all that investigators do but where’s the follow up? It’s insane and unfair to drag people with alibis through the mud while people-who invited plenty suspicion-seemed to go about their business.

So, we can agree that this wasn't by Satanists or about Satanists? It's nice everybody with such diverse theories can come together on one thing.
Not convinced. While I don't think "satanism" is at the core of this. People who outsiders linked to that sort of thing, may have.

Joe Riedel put actual human skulls he obtained from a grave in a tree to scare little kids. Took teeth out of them to buy cigs and beer. Complete disregard for human life. Whatever you want to call that up nonsense. Satanism or not. Is a possible precursor to abducting and murdering. At minimum it's psychopathic behavior. Which is a psych profile of someone who'd be involved in this crime.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member