MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think it’s possible they were right about Garrison and just didn’t have proof?

I mean, he was Doug Thomas’s favorite POI for years. From end of 1992-1996 and potentially beyond. And enough evidence came to light to get a grand jury hearing. More info in the CONUS link I gave some pages back.

Last edited:
Logical deduction tells me the cops aren’t that stupid and that Garrison does indeed have a connection to this case. In fact, I believe he does 100%.

Doug Thomas also made personal trips to Kansas to speak with two inmates who may have had some minor connection via Garrison. As deduced by the Grand Jury 3 statements police made to the media.

Mike and Dusty were also part of the GJ in 1994. As well as JW, her mother JR, and roommate RS.

Do you think it’s possible they were right about Garrison and just didn’t have proof?

I mean, he was Doug Thomas’s favorite POI for years. From end of 1992-1996 and potentially beyond. And enough evidence cams to light to get a grand jury hearing. More info in the CONUS link I gave some pages back.

I think making three women disappear without a sign of a struggle doesn't fit with his MO. Could he have been involved maybe. It's possible he used the information about the missing people supposedly disposed of on the Robb farm in 1990 to give his claim credibility, and mess with the police. It's possible he was trying to avoid or bargain his way out of other rape charges. MOO

Logical deduction tells me the cops aren’t that stupid and that Garrison does indeed have a connection to this case. In fact, I believe he does 100%.

Doug Thomas also made personal trips to Kansas to speak with two inmates who may have had some minor connection via Garrison. As deduced by the Grand Jury 3 statements police made to the media.

Mike and Dusty were also part of the GJ in 1994. As well as JW, her mother JR, and roommate RS.

If Garrison was responsible he is in prison. I think he did a lot of awful things more than we know of probably. I don't think looking at him as a suspect was wrong. What if someone or several people that noone has ever thought of killed three women and are still on the loose?

If Garrison was responsible he is in prison. I think he did a lot of awful things more than we know of probably. I don't think looking at him as a suspect was wrong. What if someone or several people that noone has ever thought of killed three women and are still on the loose?
I ,like you, cherrymeg feel there is something dark and stormy about that graduation night.
pieces just don't click neatly together.
imo the crime is far less worldly than we have imagined.

cunning ,luck, denial and silence has worked so far.....can't see the status quo changing. its a winning formula.o_O

I ,like you, cherrymeg feel there is something dark and stormy about that graduation night.
pieces just don't click neatly together.
imo the crime is far less worldly than we have imagined.

cunning ,luck, denial and silence has worked so far.....can't see the status quo changing. its a winning formula.o_O

Luck runs out. I think this case will be solved.

If Garrison was involved, then he was likely at site #2 or involved in the secondary/cleanup/threat part of the crime. I don’t think he did the abduction. With any big crime like this, news from the neighborhood and prisoners and criminal undercurrent will bubble up.

That’s why Garrison is likely telling some kind of truth. And why they still leaned on him after failed digs, after Cox, and after all polygraph info was given.

I do believe he personally knew the players though. I think it’s possible Mike and Dusty do/did too.

Last edited:
This is a question to Irish and other forum members:

Why do you suppose, given the number of serious felons in Greene County and SPD custody at the time due to meth and more high profiled cases than the GR, would SPD spend resources and undercover tactics/harassing associates (Garrison--both at hotel and at home of JR/RS) of self-described bit players (Riedel, Clay, Recla)?

I only know what I have read in papers about him and those I take with a grain of salt. Mike met him once and it was very brief. Dusty was told by Rusty that he had pot so that is the only reason they knew he sold pot. I don’t like putting assumptions out there and try to keep things more on things I know. I’ve seen too many people’s theories and assumptions turn into “facts” over the years.

I only know what I have read in papers about him and those I take with a grain of salt. Mike met him once and it was very brief. Dusty was told by Rusty that he had pot so that is the only reason they knew he sold pot. I don’t like putting assumptions out there and try to keep things more on things I know. I’ve seen too many people’s theories and assumptions turn into “facts” over the years.
Garrison dated Dusty's girlfriend's (JW) mother (JR). She *allegedly* called Garrison a bodyguard.

If the GGMC rumors about Garrison are true, that would mean he knows Mike's ex's (AH) dad (EH, confirmed Galloping Goose) as well. Lots of possible interactions and times to see each other.

Lots of possibilities for Mike/Dusty to meet a person who might've been a player in this. We can't keep banking on Detective Doug Thomas, with all the access he has to this case, being so stupid he leaned on Garrison all for nothing. Throw in Detective Mark Webb's comments about grave robbers in Disappeared (remember Irish, this could mean Joe or Dusty--not Mike...all three separate) then throw in Janis McCall herself seeing some kind of materials on Suzie's bookshelf that were "satanic" (her word choice) (Part 2 of Crime Watch Daily video). We have to presume that was a lead that had some kind of teeth for Janis to remember a bookshelf item after 25 1/2 years (when the Crime Watch Daily program aired).

We also know Garrison had a gun and his buddies had access to guns (source: felony gun charges on their records)

Before this derails into a minimization/rationalization of metal posters/cow skulls being considered "Satanic" and SPD being ignorant or what-have-you... I get all that. I get "Satanic Panic" but I am still curious in the lead. And what she saw, despite all that.

Last edited:
Garrison dated Dusty's girlfriend's (JW) mother (JR). She *allegedly* called Garrison a bodyguard.

If the GGMC rumors about Garrison are true, that would mean he knows Mike's ex's (AH) dad (EH, confirmed Galloping Goose) as well. Lots of possible interactions and times to see each other.

Lots of possibilities for Mike/Dusty to meet a person who might've been a player in this. We can't keep banking on Detective Doug Thomas, with all the access he has to this case, being so stupid he leaned on Garrison all for nothing. Throw in Detective Mark Webb's comments about grave robbers in Disappeared (remember Irish, this could mean Joe or Dusty--not Mike...all three separate) then throw in Janis McCall herself seeing some kind of materials on Suzie's bookshelf that were "satanic" (her word choice) (Part 2 of Crime Watch Daily video). We have to presume that was a lead that had some kind of teeth for Janis to remember a bookshelf item after 25 1/2 years (when the Crime Watch Daily program aired).

We also know Garrison had a gun and his buddies had access to guns (source: felony gun charges on their records)

Before this derails into a minimization/rationalization of metal posters/cow skulls being considered "Satanic" and SPD being ignorant or what-have-you... I get all that. I get "Satanic Panic" but I am still curious in the lead. And what she saw, despite all that.

Mike knew her Dad was a goose and because of that stayed far away from him. He did not want anything to do with that and did not know her dad or any of his friends. Was never even around them. Dusty only dated Jaime a couple of months. If you knew any of them or their friends you would know they (Mike and Dusty) were hippies that liked metal. They did not hang around these people and did their own thing.

Mike actually asked Janice about that. He asked her what it was she saw because both of us have had things be misinterpreted as satanic when it was not at all. That happened a lot in the 80’s and 90’s. She said she did not remember.

Who could police not verify "Henson's Alibi" for that night and the next day........three solid months into the investigation?
They didn't just make that statement publicly, three months later, for nothing......so Why?
I’m so glad you brought this up! It’s crazy no one questioned Henson’s iffy alibi-not publicly anyway. I hope detectives followed up and it didn’t make the papers because there was nothing to it. I don’t know what it says about this investigation that the guy who swept up glass on the porch, with the iffy alibi, fades from the spotlight while people with alibis were and still are under scrutiny.

Last edited:
Mike knew her Dad was a goose and because of that stayed far away from him. He did not want anything to do with that and did not know her dad or any of his friends. Was never even around them. Dusty only dated Jaime a couple of months. If you knew any of them or their friends you would know they (Mike and Dusty) were hippies that liked metal. They did not hang around these people and did their own thing.

Mike actually asked Janice about that. He asked her what it was she saw because both of us have had things be misinterpreted as satanic when it was not at all. That happened a lot in the 80’s and 90’s. She said she did not remember.
Janis is under no obligation to give away what she saw to Mike. Not that that is what she was doing. But it should be known.

She could be misremembering the bookshelf and conflating with the reports Detective Webb gave of Cathe/Mike's apartment materials. Or she did indeed see something on the bookshelf that she remembered. Can't make assumptions - as you've said. But it could be a lead that is solid. Even if unrelated to Mike and Dusty.

I’m so glad you brought this up! It’s crazy no one questioned Henson’s lack of an alibi-not publicly anyway. I hope detectives followed up and it didn’t make the papers because there was nothing to it. I don’t know what it says about this investigation that the guy who swept up glass on the porch, without an alibi, fades from the spotlight while people with alibis were and still are under scrutiny.
Cops did clear it up. Worsham and Glenn nailed down the timelines. The issue is how it was reported more than anything else. The partygoers (both Joy and Elder party attendees) were all polygraphed or interviewed. Even many the people at the concert Mike/Dusty attended (Cyanide Rainbow show) were interviewed--footage of one of these interviews (Kendra is the girl's name) is in the 48 Hours video.

Janis is under no obligation to give away what she saw to Mike. Not that that is what she was doing. But it should be known.

She could be misremembering the bookshelf and conflating with the reports Detective Webb gave of Cathe/Mike's apartment materials. Or she did indeed see something on the bookshelf that she remembered. Can't make assumptions - as you've said. But it could be a lead that is solid. Even if unrelated to Mike and Dusty.

Mike did not ask her directly. He had a mutual friend ask for him.

Mike did not ask her directly. He had a mutual friend ask for him.
Everything I said still applies. And yes - I've considered the editing of the show. I feel even if out-of-context editing occurred, there was still a mention of satanic materials in Suzie's room. NOT Mike/Cathe's apartment. And that has legs, if true.

And I don't mean to be finicky, but we are also supposed to take you at your word that Janis said this to your mutual friend. That's problematic, as discussed on other issues that we don't have screenshots or proof of. For the record. Respectfully.

Cops did clear it up. Worsham and Glenn nailed down the timelines. The issue is how it was reported more than anything else. The partygoers (both Joy and Elder party attendees) were all polygraphed or interviewed. Even many the people at the concert Mike/Dusty attended (Cyanide Rainbow show) were interviewed--footage of one of these interviews (Kendra is the girl's name) is in the 48 Hours video.

Was just talking with one of our mutual friends that was in Cyanide Rainbow and he said he was not interviewed, but his gf at the time and later wife was.

Everything I said still applies. And yes - I've considered the editing of the show. I feel even if out-of-context editing occurred, there was still a mention of satanic materials in Suzie's room. NOT Mike/Cathe's apartment. And that has legs, if true.

And I don't mean to be finicky, but we are also supposed to take you at your word that Janis said this to your mutual friend. That's problematic, as discussed on other issues that we don't have screenshots or proof of. For the record. Respectfully.

They looked into the occult matters extensively. It was 92 after all and they found nothing.

Was just talking with one of our mutual friends that was in Cyanide Rainbow and he said he was not interviewed, but his gf at the time and later wife was.
I said "many" not "all" but yes. I have personally talked to a few who were not interviewed by police as well. One of them is a primary contact for me into that crowd of people. I have also spoken with Dustin's brother.

I said "many" not "all" but yes. I have personally talked to a few who were not interviewed by police as well. One of them is a primary contact for me into that crowd of people. I have also spoken with Dustin's brother.

I’ve never spoken to Dusty’s brother, but talk to Dusty and his wife. I know his brother visits them and they him. I will let them know you have talked to him.

They looked into the occult matters extensively. It was 92 after all and they found nothing.
That's not entirely true. As I've said, some detectives weren't at an agreement over it.

Additionally I found these quotes for those who think former Chief Knowles's word is gospel.

"Former Police Chief Terry Knowles micromanaged the case and questioned possible suspects himself. Information obtained was not properly shared among the investigators, Webb says.

"The whole case was so unusual in the way it was conducted," he said. "It became a very politically charged environment, and people started taking sides. [It] was not only an emotional ride for the family but [also] for the investigators. It was also a career-ender for some of the officers, and I was one.

"I didn't quit or get fired, [but] I ended up getting reassigned because of disagreements over the way the case was going." (Sleuth Won't Give Up on Women Missing for 17 Years ... LA Community Policing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kch52285