Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

“There was no foul play, “Anderson told the newspaper. “I’m so grateful for that.
Anderson said she believes her daughter became confused while driving — perhaps because she was upset about being pulled over — and ended up on a boat ramp near the river.

She got freaked out. She got lost and she got confused, or whatever. It was still dark. She was on the boat ramp and tried to back out. The ramp was icy and she slid into the river.

She got freaked out.
(How does she know?)
She got lost
(how does she know?)
and she got confused,
(how does she know?)
or whatever.
(Vague)
It was still dark.
She was on the boat ramp
(how doe she know?)
and tried to back out.
How does she know?)
The ramp was icy
(how does she know?)
and she slid into the river.
(How does she know?)

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/03/13/no-foul-play-in-coeds-death-mother/

It honestly seems like some of you WANT it to be foul play. Occam's Razor y'all. So the killer cop (or someone else, w/e) that pulled her over killed her (no other damage to her body tho, besides bruise) and then pushed her car down an icy boat launch? How is that more plausible to you than the fact that she was probably drunk coming home from work and accidentally pulled off or turned down the boat ramp, or hit ice and couldn't swerve away, and couldn't stop because it was icy, and couldn't get out of her car because it's difficult to get out of a car underwater, much more so when it's freezing water and you're tipsy?
We don't think she was drunk because the cop said she wasn't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

There are roughly 3 times more suicides per year than homicides. Why is homicide so easy to believe but not suicide?

There are more suicides per year than fatal car accidents.

Approximately 10% of suicides are out of the blue, with no warning whatsoever. That's roughly 4000 people in the United States who take their own life to the complete shock and surprise of people who know them.

Toni was supposed to meet somebody near downtown Kansas City. Instead, she spent over an hour in Parkville before heading down a boat ramp. There is no known person that she was meeting. There never will be a known person because there wasn't any.

She unplugged her tracking device.

She told an officer she was going to the Shady Lady, and then headed in the opposite direction. With him right behind her!

The only explanation that answers all questions is a mental health issue.

And she does mention depression in her twitter. Not just, "I feel so depressed," but clinical depression. Her tweet: "I can tell I'm depressed cause I can't feel fully awake and I don't wanna workout and the only thing that sounds fun is eating lol" She mentions feeling depressed or experiencing depression many times on her twitter.

I don't completely rule out suicide, but I don't believe it's the only logical conclusion. I think the facts could easily point to an adventure-seeking young person who sometimes made reckless or naive choices...one of which unintentionally led to her death.

While I find accident to be the more likely scenario, I would definitely modify the probability as I see it, if a note was discovered or if her family or friends disclosed mental health issues. Just as I would modify my ideas about foul play (which seems less likely IMHO) if they discovered evidence that another car or person was present when she went in the water.

Does anyone know if there'll be a press conference today?

“There was no foul play, “Anderson told the newspaper. “I’m so grateful for that.
Anderson said she believes her daughter became confused while driving — perhaps because she was upset about being pulled over — and ended up on a boat ramp near the river.

She got freaked out. She got lost and she got confused, or whatever. It was still dark. She was on the boat ramp and tried to back out. The ramp was icy and she slid into the river.

She got freaked out.
(How does she know?)
She got lost
(how does she know?)
and she got confused,
(how does she know?)
or whatever.
(Vague)
It was still dark.
She was on the boat ramp
(how doe she know?)
and tried to back out.
How does she know?)
The ramp was icy
(how does she know?)
and she slid into the river.
(How does she know?)

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/03/13/no-foul-play-in-coeds-death-mother/

I agree with these questions. I asked "How does he/she know?" after most of the statements given by both her dad and mom last night. Hoping there will be a press conference today that fills in the blanks.

Was Toni known for getting lost/disoriented while driving? (I am. My family knows this.)
Do they have additional information from a cell phone or other materials that were recovered?
Were there trail cams or other cameras installed at the park?
Have they now discovered footage of her on other business cameras in between QT and this park location?
Did they discover a path of entry with tire marks or other car-related evidence that suggests where she went in?

According to The real reason post #959 last thread #5 - link:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...son-20-North-Kansas-City-15-Jan-2017-5/page10

3rd Paragraph down:

Investigation led detectives to believe she traveled west on the 9 highway corridor a.d remained between highways 635 and 435 until 6am on the 15th at which time her phone went dark. The report that her phone was connected to the network until 9pm on the 16th was inaccurate and did not come from law enforcement. Cell phone records proved the 6am dark time to be accurate.

I noticed some people still asking about the phone being connected to the network at 9:30pm - I "guess" it was inaccurate; it did come from her parents as I recall.

"According to the Kansas City Star, the window of the car was open and Toni’s seatbelt was off when the car was found. She was fully clothed."

Here is where i have my doubts of suicide.

I believe, if her "seat-belt was off," and the "window was open", her natural fight or flight would kick in. Survival instinct it very strong.
That is, unless she was drugged or drugged herself. Did she knock herself out entering the water?
Was she known to drive without her seat-belt on?
Did the Cop who pulled her over report that she was driving without a seat-belt?
Is there a toxicology report?
If it was a cold night, why would she have the "window open"?

???

I don't completely rule out suicide, but I don't believe it's the only logical conclusion. I think the facts could easily point to an adventure-seeking young person who sometimes made reckless or naive choices...one of which unintentionally led to her death.

While I find accident to be the more likely scenario, I would definitely modify the probability as I see it, if a note was discovered or if her family or friends disclosed mental health issues. Just as I would modify my ideas about foul play (which seems less likely IMHO) if they discovered evidence that another car or person was present when she went in the water.

Does anyone know if there'll be a press conference today?

I agree somewhat. The one thing I have been saying all along is that she didn't seem to be behaving rationally and may have been suffering some kind of psychosis. It's possible she was experiencing confusion enough to turn down that boat ramp. If they do find somebody that she was meeting in Platte Landing Park then I would have to agree this was an accident. But nobody has any concrete explanation for why she was up there for over an hour while somebody else was allegedly waiting for her to meet them.

According to The real reason post #959 last thread #5 - link:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...son-20-North-Kansas-City-15-Jan-2017-5/page10

3rd Paragraph down:

Investigation led detectives to believe she traveled west on the 9 highway corridor a.d remained between highways 635 and 435 until 6am on the 15th at which time her phone went dark. The report that her phone was connected to the network until 9pm on the 16th was inaccurate and did not come from law enforcement. Cell phone records proved the 6am dark time to be accurate.

I noticed some people still asking about the phone being connected to the network at 9:30pm - I "guess" it was inaccurate; it did come from her parents as I recall.

Do we know if The Real Reason, who posted this, can verify this information? I haven't seen a link by official news or law enforcement that debunks the 9:30 p.m. statement.

"According to the Kansas City Star, the window of the car was open and Toni’s seatbelt was off when the car was found. She was fully clothed."

Here is where i have my doubts of suicide.

I believe, if her "seat-belt was off," and the "window was down", her natural fight or flight would kick in. Survival instinct it very strong.
That is, unless she was drugged or drugged herself. Did she knock herself out entering the water?
Was she known to drive without her seat-belt on?
Did the Cop who pulled her over report that she was driving without a seat-belt?
Is there a toxicology report?
If it was a cold night, why would she have the "window down"?

???

When you asked "is there a toxicology report," it reminded me that I have considered the lesser possibility that she may have been a little tipsy or high when pulled over...and the officer let her off the hook. Probably not, but releasing the dash cam footage would provide more answers about that interaction.

I agree somewhat. The one thing I have been saying all along is that she didn't seem to be behaving rationally and may have been suffering some kind of psychosis. It's possible she was experiencing confusion enough to turn down that boat ramp. If they do find somebody that she was meeting in Platte Landing Park then I would have to agree this was an accident. But nobody has any concrete explanation for why she was up there for over an hour while somebody else was allegedly waiting for her to meet them.

I agree. Would like to hear if they've uncovered more information about her reason for being there.

Or if they may believe the phone pinged from a sinking car...or even slightly submerged car. From what I've read, newer phones have better waterproof capabilities and people have received texts and/or calls when underwater at shallow depths.

Link to story: http://www.kctv5.com/story/34736945...-closure-after-her-2-month-long-disappearance

I heard silt before, but this is the first time I heard it was *that* full. Maybe that's partly why it took so long to recover once they'd located it?

"The car was three-quarters of the way filled with silt..."

It sounds like the dock thing may just be her parent's best guess. I'd love to hear if it's based on police findings at the scene.

"Family members believe Anderson got turned around and frazzled after being pulled over by an officer and ended up in Parkville where she pulled into Platte Landing Park. There, she drove onto a boat launch that was icy and her car slid into the river."

I'd also like to hear if divers broke any windows out or forced the trunk open...or if those were related to the way the car entered the water.

Link to story: http://www.kctv5.com/story/34736945...-closure-after-her-2-month-long-disappearance

I heard silt before, but this is the first time I heard it was *that* full. Maybe that's partly why it took so long to recover once they'd located it?

"The car was three-quarters of the way filled with silt..."

It sounds like the dock thing may just be her parent's best guess. I'd love to hear if it's based on police findings at the scene.

"Family members believe Anderson got turned around and frazzled after being pulled over by an officer and ended up in Parkville where she pulled into Platte Landing Park. There, she drove onto a boat launch that was icy and her car slid into the river."

I'd also like to hear if divers broke any windows out or forced the trunk open...or if those were related to the way the car entered the water.

If she was pulled over often and police let her go with a warning ... well that does not justify she was frazzled, got turned around and slid into a lake. It sounds like she knew the metro area well so can't see her "getting lost"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If she was pulled over often and police let her go with a warning ... well that does not justify she was frazzled, got turned around and slid into a lake. It sounds like she knew the metro area well so can't see her "getting lost"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless she was nervous they were somehow tailing her or aware of possible illegal behavior. Someone on their way to do something they know violates the law might get frazzled either way.

Also, I confess I am the type of person who has never been good with directions and has a history of making mistakes driving in the dark in my own area. Granted, I've never turned into a body of water...;) But I have definitely taken wrong turns that were inconceivable to others. :)

There are roughly 3 times more suicides per year than homicides. Why is homicide so easy to believe but not suicide?

There are more suicides per year than fatal car accidents.

Approximately 10% of suicides are out of the blue, with no warning whatsoever. That's roughly 4000 people in the United States per year who take their own life to the complete shock and surprise of people who know them.

Toni was supposed to meet somebody near downtown Kansas City. Instead, she spent over an hour in Parkville before heading down a boat ramp. There is no known person that she was meeting. There never will be a known person because there wasn't any.

She unplugged her tracking device.

She told an officer she was going to the Shady Lady, and then headed in the opposite direction. With him right behind her!

The only explanation that answers all questions is a mental health issue.

And she does mention depression in her twitter. Not just, "I feel so depressed," but clinical depression. Her tweet: "I can tell I'm depressed cause I can't feel fully awake and I don't wanna workout and the only thing that sounds fun is eating lol" She mentions feeling depressed or experiencing depression many times on her twitter.

1.1% of suicides are drownings. That's why. :) I posted the data on that earlier.

I don't think anyone is saying homicide is easiest to believe if you remove all the details that are sketchy. I'm confused by why people don't understand how even LE misreporting arguably the most important details and then only modifying them when something has factually contradicted them, is just simply suspicious.

I think most have said that they believe an accident is possible. I would say that if there wasn't all this sketchiness, we'd all be 100% saying it was an accident.

But.... if the sketchiness doesn't go away and get explained in a concrete manner, why should anyone be surprised if there is suspicion?

I am waiting for the report to hopefully get answers to all my questions, but to answer your first question again - 1.1% of suicides are drownings. That's not common at all. 99% of the suicides that you list are with guns, hanging/suffocation, drugs etc.

So yes.. we have a drowning here. Based on those numbers, I expect that there are more homicides per year via drowning in KC than suicides via drowning.

Statistics can be more convincing than they should be if you ignore context.

1.1% of suicides are drownings. That's why. :) I posted the data on that earlier.

I don't think anyone is saying homicide is easiest to believe if you remove all the details that are sketchy. I'm confused by why people don't understand how even LE misreporting arguably the most important details and then only modifying them when something has factually contradicted them, is just simply suspicious.

I think most have said that they believe an accident is possible. I would say that if there wasn't all this sketchiness, we'd all be 100% saying it was an accident.

But.... if the sketchiness doesn't go away and get explained in a concrete manner, why should anyone be surprised if there is suspicion?

I am waiting for the report to hopefully get answers to all my questions, but to answer your first question again - 1.1% of suicides are drownings. That's not common at all. 99% of the suicides that you list are with guns, hanging/suffocation, drugs etc.

So yes.. we have a drowning here. Based on those numbers, I expect that there are more homicides per year via drowning in KC than suicides via drowning.

Statistics can be more convincing than they should be if you ignore context.

I think the information in this case has made the whole thing really muddled, but I see a lot of the contradictions stemming from the media rather than the police department. They seem to sometimes report people's opinions as fact.

I know there's been a couple apparent mix-ups with police.

Police didn't believe she'd been pulled over initially because their department didn't pull her over. It was a neighboring city. To me, that's not suspicious.

I also think the officer answering press questions estimated the timeline, but later they updated it when they got exact information about her banking records. I can live with that too.

I *do* think they should release that dash cam footage to help people understand the context and clear public perceptions around the officer involved.

I agree with these questions. I asked "How does he/she know?" after most of the statements given by both her dad and mom last night. Hoping there will be a press conference today that fills in the blanks.

I think, as a mother who probably hasn't slept in two months and is facing the biggest nightmare, that her survival depends on KNOWING these things. Maybe she has heard enough evidence to convince her that it's true, and this is a place where she feels she can rest a little bit.

I think, as a mother who probably hasn't slept in two months and is facing the biggest nightmare, that her survival depends on KNOWING these things. Maybe she has heard enough evidence to convince her that it's true, and this is a place where she feels she can rest a little bit.

Agreed.

I think we can all pick up from what is NOT being said that no one close to the case is mystified or concerned that Toni was in this park at this time. They seem to know exactly what she was doing there, and that what she was doing did not involve someone who harmed her. Although it seems a little early, her parents are convinced enough by the evidence to commit to the "no foul play" verdict. There may have been evidence among the belongings found in the car that verified the reason for her being in the park, along with the testimony of the person she was supposed to have been meeting and/or phone communication evidence we haven't been privy to. We may never learn those details, because they may not be directly related to her death after all.

Also, her reason for being there (whatever it was) does not make her death any less tragic. It was a total waste of a young life, full of potential, even if her current youthful choices were not well-calculated. She was just a kid. The circumstances of her death may be very separate from the circumstances that brought her to the park in the first place. This is also how her parents seem to be choosing to process the loss of their only daughter -- she didn't die at the hand of herself or anyone else, she didn't suffer, and she is gone because of an accident. I can't even begin to imagine what they're going through.

From this outside vantage point of having very few details and having to fill in the blanks with speculation, it seems quite possible that she was there deliberately to complete some sort of mission. She may have parked there for a period of time to wait and/or complete her mission. Where better to park than the parking lot? When her father talks about a U-turn gone wrong, could it be something like this? Green U being what she may have meant to do to leave the parking lot heading SW at first after a possible meet-up (or failed meet-up, or whatever), and the red U being the deadly path she actually chose? A hairpin left turn from the road down the boat launch ramp doesn't make any sense, but a too-wide U-turn out of the parking lot does.

attachment.php

Toni's mom didn't know she was a stripper, either. So saying she (Mom) must know something we don't isn't necessarily true.

Mom and Dad seem to be in deep denial here. I think Dad Sanchez is advocating for Toni far more than her parents are. They seem to be *very* intimidated by LE.

I don't mean this to be unkind towards the family; I know they love Toni and must be devastated. But it's just beyond me how they can be so accepting so quickly of things that can't possibly even be proven yet.

Toni's mom didn't know she was a stripper, either. So saying she (Mom) must know something we don't isn't necessarily true.

Mom and Dad seem to be in deep denial here. I think Dad Sanchez is advocating for Toni far more than her parents are. They seem to be *very* intimidated by LE.

I don't mean this to be unkind towards the family; I know they love Toni and must be devastated. But it's just beyond me how they can be so accepting so quickly of things that can't possibly even be proven yet.

Although they still know Toni better than strangers following the story...and have talked directly with police...which we haven't. So there's a possibility there's enough evidence to support their beliefs.

This is interesting, I wonder whether her family has any facts to back the claim of what happened to Toni had anything to do with her being pulled over by a police officer, are they trying to find someone, anyone to blame for what happened to Toni ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa