Identified! MS - Lincoln Co, Wht/MixedFem 16-35, UP4769, poss from New Orleans, freckles, scars, mole, Sep'89 - MELINDA LOU BARNHOUSE

I apologize for the spam...I’m trying to post as much as I possibly can, although I’m not very good at getting things off of my Google Drive onto here. For the most part, if the image quality is poor it is because that’s how it was sent to me. It is a lot to take in!

I apologize for the spam...I’m trying to post as much as I possibly can, although I’m not very good at getting things off of my Google Drive onto here. For the most part, if the image quality is poor it is because that’s how it was sent to me. It is a lot to take in!

It's a bit overwhelming...but thanks for doing this. I know it's not easy to post all this documents. X

Not spam at all. Ty for your work!

Hmm, I wonder what you suspect. Stephanie went missing 4 years after LCJD was discovered. Did I miss something? :confused::oops:
Thank you YaYa! No, you didn’t miss anything :p. I’m just being...me. lol

I have researched both cases more than just about any others, and something is amiss when it comes to each one. I just can’t figure out what. I know everything says Stephane was married after 1989, I know everything says Stephane was last known alive after 1989....but I personally have not seen any evidence of either...and I’ve searched high and low. I don’t know, something has always nagged at me. :confused:

Thank you YaYa! No, you didn’t miss anything :p. I’m just being...me. lol

I have researched both cases more than just about any others, and something is amiss when it comes to each one. I just can’t figure out what. I know everything says Stephane was married after 1989, I know everything says Stephane was last known alive after 1989....but I personally have not seen any evidence of either...and I’ve searched high and low. I don’t know, something has always nagged at me. :confused:

BBM
I certainly understand that nagging feeling. ;) There are a few cases I've happened upon that leave me wondering. From Stephanie's Charley profile it says, "Stephanie called her grandmother to say she was leaving. Her grandmother went to Stephanie's home, but by the time she got there, Stephanie was already gone. Ricky claims she was picked up by some female friends from Hobbs, New Mexico." I assume this call was made the day she supposedly disappeared in 1993. Are you thinking someone posing as Stephanie called her grandmother? Had her grandmother/family seen her anytime between 1989 and 1993?

MBI Case Report and ARC’s handwritten confession...
ARC’s letter to Sheriff

upload_2020-7-3_23-15-25-jpeg.254294
upload_2020-7-3_22-55-6-jpeg.254261

I am far from a handwriting expert so take this for what it's worth...Those handwritten confessions and ARC's letter to the sheriff do not appear to me to be the same handwriting. Also, the flow of the writing, the word choice, etc. in the supposed "handwritten confession" seems a bit formal. I suppose someone wrote that for him but those weren't his exact words, were they?:confused: Did he really "purchase five gallons of gasoline" or would he have "bought some gas"? ;)

Some of the information I’ve gathered over the last couple of years....from verifiable witnesses to some aspect of the case or documents I’ve personally seen...

1. She had VERY blue eyes. The recons depict her eyes almost white, but they were so blue that they appeared almost that light.
H
2. She was found nude except for a pair of white socks, but a couple of items of clothing/personal items were taken into evidence. It does not state where these items were confiscated from, but after lots of investigating, I believe that most were probably taken from either where she was found or someplace she had been. They include; a “Bic cigarette lighter, articles of paper, blue t-shirt, hair brush, pink comb, ladies clothing”.

3. Reports state she had bite marks on several parts of her body; take this with a grain of salt. Crime scene and post mortem photos show marks more consistent with ones received when skin is scraped against asphalt or animal/insect predation, not bit by a human. This is based on my own observations, but to give a little more weight to it, here is an entire book written about the ME/dentist whom the “bite mark evidence” came from... The Epidemic of Wrongful Convictions in America (I think I’ve got a free PDF copy if anyone is interested in reading it)

4. I’m not sure where anyone came up with her having a “form” of Down syndrome. This seems like smoke and mirrors to me. She was short and had “stubby” fingers.

5. Case was the only person charged with and convicted of her murder, although at least 4 people allegedly met the victim before her death and knew of her murder. From what I’ve read, he was fed a lot of the information “that only the killer would have known”. Either by the killer(s) or the people interrogating him.

(I’m sure I’m missing key points that I’ll eventually remember and post)

On point 4.) Just for clarity on where it was mentioned
Enterprise-Journal
McComb, Mississippi

20 Sep 1989, Wed • Page 1.

Clarion-Ledger
Jackson, Mississippi

21 Sep 1989, Thu • Page 19

I listed all the news articles in my write up "citing sources" that the information derived from. I update profiles with all available sources that I'm able to locate some from a newspapers account that many of my WS friends here do not have.
With it being aganist WS tos to post full length articles . I clipped the segments out Hope this helps ....... it maybe have been totally ruled out later on but have not come across anything that confirms that. I leave it as an open possibility.

Attachments

• 20200708_183836.jpg
    20200708_183836.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 20200708_185119.jpg
    20200708_185119.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 13
Do not know much about her case will have to look at it

I couldn't find very much more. I only found the obituary of -I suppose- her dad and her mother. I tried to find out if she had any Native American in her bloodline. I'm not sure about that and I don't want to make "dangerous" assumptions.

BBM
I certainly understand that nagging feeling. ;) There are a few cases I've happened upon that leave me wondering. From Stephanie's Charley profile it says, "Stephanie called her grandmother to say she was leaving. Her grandmother went to Stephanie's home, but by the time she got there, Stephanie was already gone. Ricky claims she was picked up by some female friends from Hobbs, New Mexico." I assume this call was made the day she supposedly disappeared in 1993. Are you thinking someone posing as Stephanie called her grandmother? Had her grandmother/family seen her anytime between 1989 and 1993?
Im not sure what I think exactly. Unfortunately, Stephane’s grandmother has since passed away and there’s no real way of verifying her account. Not to say she misled investigators. There are others (IIRC) who have similar stories, so I’m most likely wrong. I’d just like to see something tangible that proves me so. ;)

upload_2020-7-3_23-15-25-jpeg.254294
upload_2020-7-3_22-55-6-jpeg.254261

I am far from a handwriting expert so take this for what it's worth...Those handwritten confessions and ARC's letter to the sheriff do not appear to me to be the same handwriting. Also, the flow of the writing, the word choice, etc. in the supposed "handwritten confession" seems a bit formal. I suppose someone wrote that for him but those weren't his exact words, were they?:confused: Did he really "purchase five gallons of gasoline" or would he have "bought some gas"? ;)
You nailed it! I know detectives will write out a statement for someone who can’t write it themselves, but it is to be written in that person’s own words. As you pointed out, these are not similar and the one is not what the average citizen would likely say. The wording is too precise...overly detailed even.

On point 4.) Just for clarity on where it was mentioned
Enterprise-Journal
McComb, Mississippi

20 Sep 1989, Wed • Page 1.

Clarion-Ledger
Jackson, Mississippi

21 Sep 1989, Thu • Page 19

I listed all the news articles in my write up "citing sources" that the information derived from. I update profiles with all available sources that I'm able to locate some from a newspapers account that many of my WS friends here do not have.
With it being aganist WS tos to post full length articles . I clipped the segments out Hope this helps ....... it maybe have been totally ruled out later on but have not come across anything that confirms that. I leave it as an open possibility.
Thank you for sharing these! You’re right, nothing has disproved the theory that she may have Down Syndrome. So it’s certainly a possibility. I think the “bad front teeth” is an important detail that probably should be added to her UID profiles. I’ve not seen this anywhere!

Could Jane Doe possibly be Virginia Mary Tobkin?
Virginia Mary Tobkin – The Charley Project
virginia_mary_tobkin_1.jpg
virginia_mary_tobkin_2.jpg
I’m not very familiar with her case either, but that’s the closest I’ve seen as far a resemblance goes!

Could Jane Doe possibly be Virginia Mary Tobkin?
Virginia Mary Tobkin – The Charley Project
virginia_mary_tobkin_1.jpg
virginia_mary_tobkin_2.jpg

3000DFMN - Virginia Mary Tobkin
Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available

Good find, @Bit of hope! There isn't enough circumstance info on Virginia's profiles to even begin to guess how/why she'd be in NO, LA but it is certainly not a little place in the middle of nowhere. She very well could have ended up in the Big Easy. There's only a five year span between Virginia's disappearance and LCJD's murder. She looks very similar to LCJD, imo! I especially noticed her lips, the shape of the corners of her eyes, which look very big and deep set to me, and the marks on the left side of her face. Grant it, none of the photos are high quality and all have blurriness, shadowing, and other imperfections but, when I zoom in, there appear to be marks under her left eye, spaced a bit away from the left corner of her mouth, and on the lower right side of her nose. I say she's worthy of a submission as a PM.

3000DFMN - Virginia Mary Tobkin
Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available

Good find, @Bit of hope! There isn't enough circumstance info on Virginia's profiles to even begin to guess how/why she'd be in NO, LA but it is certainly not a little place in the middle of nowhere. She very well could have ended up in the Big Easy. There's only a five year span between Virginia's disappearance and LCJD's murder. She looks very similar to LCJD, imo! I especially noticed her lips, the shape of the corners of her eyes, which look very big and deep set to me, and the marks on the left side of her face. Grant it, none of the photos are high quality and all have blurriness, shadowing, and other imperfections but, when I zoom in, there appear to be marks under her left eye, spaced a bit away from the left corner of her mouth, and on the lower right side of her nose. I say she's worthy of a submission as a PM.

She is in Namus. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) I should have checked that first. Wouldn't she have been ruled out by default. I'm still not sure if this works all the time.

She is in Namus. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) I should have checked that first. Wouldn't she have been ruled out by default. I'm still not sure if this works all the time.

Also I noticed that Virginia's pictures a both mugshots.....I tried to find an arrest record of some sort, but couldn't find any. I wonder where she was arrested for... Is anybody on this thread more sassy and capable of finding such records?

I think it depends on who you ask. ;) I've read various WS messages that have formed my understanding but I have no clue whether the information is/was correct or I understand it correctly. My understanding is that if both MP and UID have all biological identifiers on file, theoretically they should have been compared. The catch is they must both have the same type of DNA to do a comparison, which makes perfect sense. If the comparison is based on dental records and fingerprints the profiles are flagged for human comparison along with however many other case comparisons are waiting for analysis. I've also read that there is a backlog which implies many cases are flagged as potential matches but they are slowly going through the line. Again, this is my understanding which more than likely isn't 100% correct. :oops::confused: I tend to think that if there were this super long line of cases waiting to be compared, we'd see more matches in which both were in the system. I'm not sure we see enough of those on a regular basis to conclude that there is a waiting line of matches going through the process. :) So, I'm not sure either. The uncertainty surrounding the process is why I believe any potential matches should be submitted.

I think it depends on who you ask. ;) I've read various WS messages that have formed my understanding but I have no clue whether the information is/was correct or I understand it correctly. My understanding is that if both MP and UID have all biological identifiers on file, theoretically they should have been compared. The catch is they must both have the same type of DNA to do a comparison, which makes perfect sense. If the comparison is based on dental records and fingerprints the profiles are flagged for human comparison along with however many other case comparisons are waiting for analysis. I've also read that there is a backlog which implies many cases are flagged as potential matches but they are slowly going through the line. Again, this is my understanding which more than likely isn't 100% correct. :oops::confused: I tend to think that if there were this super long line of cases waiting to be compared, we'd see more matches in which both were in the system. I'm not sure we see enough of those on a regular basis to conclude that there is a waiting line of matches going through the process. :) So, I'm not sure either. The uncertainty surrounding the process is why I believe any potential matches should be submitted.

I will send the agency/Sheriff and Namus contact an E-mail about this potential match.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynichick
Back