Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lori Loughlin on pushing her kids in 2017 interview: ‘We were never those parents’

“For my husband too, their dad, never we were never like, ‘At school you got to get straight A’s.’ We were never those parents. We were always like, ‘You know what? Give it your all. Do the best you can ’cause in life if you give it your all and you do the best you can, that’s it. That’s all you can do.’ And that’s enough, in my opinion, especially with kids. I think we’ve put so much pressure and stress on them.

https://pagesix.com/2019/03/13/lori...n-2017-interview-we-were-never-those-parents/

I'm sitting on my hands with that one. This is what she said last night:

“We know a lot of people in that circle and it was really shocking,” she said. Richards, who is friends with Loughlin, said her daughter Sophia, 19, is also close with the actress’ daughters Olivia Jade, 19, and Isabella Rose, 20. “They are really great people,” she said. “I’m really so confused about all of this. Everyone is talking about it today, in our world and our circle. Until today, I had never heard this ever existed.”

Kyle Richards Was 'Shocked' to Hear Friend Lori Loughlin Charged in College Bribery Scandal
LOL. It's really not that confusing, Kyle.

Lori Loughlin on pushing her kids in 2017 interview: ‘We were never those parents’

“For my husband too, their dad, never we were never like, ‘At school you got to get straight A’s.’ We were never those parents. We were always like, ‘You know what? Give it your all. Do the best you can ’cause in life if you give it your all and you do the best you can, that’s it. That’s all you can do.’ And that’s enough, in my opinion, especially with kids. I think we’ve put so much pressure and stress on them.

https://pagesix.com/2019/03/13/lori...n-2017-interview-we-were-never-those-parents/
Give it your all and that's enough....when we add $500,000 and toss in some fake photos.

Hypocrisy on top of lies and cheating....Loughlin is not as pretty as I once thought she was. And I don't see how Hallmark can keep her - her actions are the opposite of their image.

jmo

Olivia Jade, Lori Loughlin’s Daughter, Stands to Lose Brand Deals Over College-Admissions Scandal

HP has already cut its ties with Olivia Jade. In a statement, the company said, “HP worked with Lori Loughlin and Olivia Jade in 2017 for a one-time product campaign. HP has removed the content from its properties.” A post promoting HP’s Sprocket photo printer is currently still live on Olivia Jade’s Instagram account.

Olivia Jade Giannulli had also cut brand deals with partners including Amazon, Dolce & Gabbana, Lulus, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Sephora, Smashbox Beauty Cosmetics, Smile Direct Club, Too Faced Cosmetics, Boohoo, and Unilever’s TRESemmé.

The schadenfraude is always freshest in the morning.

Nothing like being exposed as tax frauds and hypocrites

Olivia Jade, Lori Loughlin’s Daughter, Stands to Lose Brand Deals Over College-Admissions Scandal

HP has already cut its ties with Olivia Jade. In a statement, the company said, “HP worked with Lori Loughlin and Olivia Jade in 2017 for a one-time product campaign. HP has removed the content from its properties.” A post promoting HP’s Sprocket photo printer is currently still live on Olivia Jade’s Instagram account.

Olivia Jade Giannulli had also cut brand deals with partners including Amazon, Dolce & Gabbana, Lulus, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Sephora, Smashbox Beauty Cosmetics, Smile Direct Club, Too Faced Cosmetics, Boohoo, and Unilever’s TRESemmé.

Thanks for this list of companies to boycott

A rep for USC tells The Blast anyone currently applying to the school “who are connected to the scheme alleged by the government will be denied admission to USC.”

The school says that they will “conduct a case-by-case review” for current students and graduates who may be connected to the scheme and says they “will make informed, appropriate decisions once those reviews have been completed.”

https://theblast.com/lori-loughlin-daughter-olivia-jade-usc/

Wonder how it was in the Macy/Huffman household last night?

What a way to let the kids know you have NO faith in their abilities, we have to buy YOU a place in University.

Ruh roh indeed!

Nah. They are used to getting anything bought or given to them. They are entitled.

It would never cross their mind. It is like getting the best deal on a new car. Hohum

Do you think that people who donated millions to a school and consequently their kid got into the college should be analyzed for tax fraud?
To be honest, I do think a big donation that benefited the entire school is somehow different than lying, cheating, bribing. A donation of a library compared to photoshopping your kid's photo on an athlete's body? I think they are different.

Neither one makes a fair playing field for the rest of us, I know!

I also think the number of people who can buy a library or research center on a campus is rather small. Even Loughlin's huge $500,000 bribe wouldn't be enough for a building on campus, ykwim? And the bribe didn't go to the school anyway, but to a scammer.

jmo

Felicity and Lorie are professional fakers. It is their job. They are going to sit in front of a jury and tell them how sorry they are and with a tear running down their cheek that they were only doing what any parent would do- anything for their kids.

I am afraid they are going to get off without any significant punishment what-so-ever.

Felicity and Lorie are professional fakers. It is their job. They are going to sit in front of a jury and tell them how sorry they are and with a tear running down their cheek that they were only doing what any parent would do- anything for their kids.

I am afraid they are going to get off without any significant punishment what-so-ever.

I hope they get suitably punished. Punishment could be quite different, couldn't it? Since one donated $15K while the other donated $500K?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member