NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google Earth photo from Early 2010 taken prior to William S. Parsons purchasing the home

Current Google Earth photo from April 2013

It looks like they may have removed a deck and poured a concrete slab but it is really hard to tell. I also notice what looks like a sidewalk going to the out building, and what appears to be a fire ring has been added. The cynic in me wants to know if this work was done in late 2011 or early 2012.

From your article:

"Sherrill is the attorney for Casey and Sandy Parsons who had adopted Erica as a little girl. She told Eyewitness News they had agreed to send the girl to stay with a relative in the Asheville area around Thanksgiving 2011.

Soon after, Erica called back and said she did not want to live with them anymore."

Who is this relative? The girl didn't want to live with them anymore and they just accepted that? No visiting? No daily calls? No sending her stuff? They just wiped their hands of her? Makes no sense.

A motive for not reporting her missing may be more 'innocent' than we think. If she was adopted, they may have chosen not to report so they could continue receiving her benefits. The subsequent fraud could be a reason for the quick attorney hire.

Not saying that it isn't hinky though. Just trying to find other possible scenarios that might explain the lack of action.

"Let's just say we couldn't find her if we wanted to," says family's attorney. Horrible.

They said that they were convinced by her adoptive parents that she was away with her birth family.

On Tuesday night, family members fear the worse for the adorable girl.

They told Channel 9 that they believe 15-year-old Erica Parsons will never be found alive.
For the past 20 months, they never knew she was actually missing from her house.

--------------------

Eyewitness News asked family members to say more about Erica, they said she was incredibly sweet and very tiny.
They said she was quiet and lived in fear.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/detectives-question-couple-over-15-year-olds-disap/nZGNw/

A motive for not reporting her missing may be more 'innocent' than we think. If she was adopted, they may have chosen not to report so they could continue receiving her benefits. The subsequent fraud could be a reason for the quick attorney hire.

Not saying that it isn't hinky though. Just trying to find other possible scenarios that might explain the lack of action.

I typed something else before, but after reading that article, I wonder if you might be right about the benefits...BBM
It does not appear the family did an all out search for Parsons because she told her adoptive parents she didn't want to live with them, she was happy where she was and the parents were battling illnesses and raising other kids, Sherrill said.
How many children does this family have?

reference: http://www.wcnc.com/news/editors-pi...issing-rowan-co-girl-left-home-218580301.html

Good Moring all------just tossing out a fast question-- was she malnourished?? Of course we would not know now, but what is that state of her home???? Hoarder like, messy, clean, full fridge, parents adopting a RAW or paleo diet????

The family breeds pets that they sell. There are presently three doghouses in the front yard in front of the sidewalk leading to the front door. There appears to be more than one storage-type building in the backyard but I'm not positive about it. The right end of the home where a garage/carport was located at one time is now a room with a door in the front.

At least one news outlet has reported that James is Erica's step-brother. I believe James is Erica's older brother, not her step-brother.

Do people get benefits when they legally adopt a child?? Adoptions usually cost the parents money, it's fostering children that brings in money.

Since she has the same last name as the parents, I assume the adoption was through the court system.

There's some information on Erica and her family in this article from this morning.

http://www.salisburypost.com/articl...-why-parents-didn-x2019-t-report-girl-missing

Two things stood out to me in this story: bbm

“We seek the full cooperation of the parents of any missing child, and normally receive full cooperation from parents who want to find their missing children, without involving an attorney,” Sifford said.

and

In August 2011 the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office went out to the Miller Chapel Road home where they say James Parsons assaulted his mother, brother and sister and choked his sister’s dog. It’s not clear if Erica was the sister involved in this incident. Records do not indicate James Parsons was convicted of those charges.

jmo

Gotta be the most bizarre missing persons cases I've seen!
I know we've all said "2 years :gasp: :banghead: :pullhair:
but I just have to say it as well.

Seems like not reporting something like this should be a case of child endangerment, at least?

Do people get benefits when they legally adopt a child?? Adoptions usually cost the parents money, it's fostering children that brings in money.

Since she has the same last name as the parents, I assume the adoption was through the court system.

The news reports say she was adopted when she was 2 weeks old. While true that they would not be getting any money for foster care. They could be getting SNAP benefits (food stamps) and AFDC (Aid to Families with Dependent Children), which are allocated based on the number of dependents.

I also wonder why this was not given to the media last Tuesday? I realize they would have to do a little checking first but why wait a week? strange.

well a week more or less is not going to make a difference after two years :stormingmad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Protocol136