GUILTY NC - Harmony Creech, 11 mos, Spring Lake, Aug 2007

Sorry if this link posted already, I'm still trying to find my way around this topic!
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/743969.html

Heuser was described by neighbors as a secretive, private person who seldom left home.

With all those kids she was a secretive, private person who never left home? :rolleyes:

Possible translation: She was always at the computer playing FFXI. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar

Obviously, her mother was the one who went to pick him up and she HAD to know her grandaughter was already gone. They both need to rot in HELL for what they did to that baby and her father. There just IS no defense in this case.

Obviously, her mother was the one who went to pick him up and she HAD to know her grandaughter was already gone. They both need to rot in HELL for what they did to that baby and her father.

This isn't so obvious to me. The grandmother didn't live in the same house, and as I already said in this exact topic, some grandparents just don't seek out their grandchildren as much as others. She might have left straight from her (Harmony's maternal grandmother's) home to go to the airport to pick the guy up, and gotten just as much as a horrible shock as he did when the baby was "missing". It is also possible that she (Harmony's maternal grandmother) did know, but with what has been released now, there is no telling either way.

If my child did anything to my grandchild...I would know. If I didn't, I would know at least in 24 hours then I would report it. I would never cover up my grandchild's death. I am responsible for that child, too. He/she was given to me via my child to love and adore.

Possible translation: She was always at the computer playing FFXI. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar

Yep.

Didn't we just discuss a case here of death or major neglect because both "parents" were huge online gamers?

If my child did anything to my grandchild...I would know. If I didn't, I would know at least in 24 hours then I would report it. I would never cover up my grandchild's death. I am responsible for that child, too. He/she was given to me via my child to love and adore.

*YOU* would know, but you are not every grandparent! ETA: My grandparents were distant, they rarely sought me and my brother out. They were glad to see us at pre-arranged times, usually at their house. Months went by between visits. Harmony's maternal grandmother might be like that.

My mom wouldn't know if we had all died. She loves us very much, but doesn't always answer her phone, so we are in touch very infrequently. It's sad, but it happens.

This "grandmother" must be very young though. Mine is 80ish. I would think a younger grandmother would be more active and involved in her family's life...but it's not always so.

As it stands now, ("now" being October 21 at 1 am in the morning) there isn't a way to tell if Harmony's maternal grandmother knew she was dead or not. It could maybe be inferred, but that is a flawed inference given that not all grandparents are in constant contact with their children and grandchildren due to WIDELY VARYING reasons. Some of them being if the child has mostly cut off all contact with the parents, and so therefore they don't see either child, or grandchild(ren).

The article I linked above says the grandmother that picked him up was HIS mom.

According to Harnett County Sheriff Larry Rollins, the soldier, whose name wasn’t released, was picked up at Pope Air Force Base on Friday morning by his mother and taken to his daughter’s home at 1680 Ray Road near Spring Lake.

Of course, we all know how wrong the media can be in getting the facts straight!

The media was wrong then...not my interpretation of the media:

Heuser's mother had gone to pick up Creech from Pope Air Force Base, where he landed late Friday morning after more than a year's deployment. Heuser stayed home with Harmony and her three other small children, she told authorities.
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/743969.html

Gosh, if the media gets little important facts like this wrong, what the hell is wrong with all the other news that I read everyday? Scary.

I would think it would be strange if my mom went to get my boyfriend, so I'm thinking it was HIS mom that picked him up. And if my daughter had me pick up her boyfriend, you can bet she'd be going with me dragging all their kids along.

Yeah, I bet she was sleeping that morning.:rolleyes: :mad:

The article I linked above says the grandmother that picked him up was HIS mom.

According to Harnett County Sheriff Larry Rollins, the soldier, whose name wasn’t released, was picked up at Pope Air Force Base on Friday morning by his mother and taken to his daughter’s home at 1680 Ray Road near Spring Lake.

Of course, we all know how wrong the media can be in getting the facts straight!

Good catch! Either I mis-read, or one story said it was the maternal grandmother. Wonder which it was, lemme go back and re-read...

If the grandparents were not in the same town, it would make sense her mother could pick him up.

To me, it doesn't matter who picked him up. Did she hide the grandchild from ALL of the grandparents..and how did she do this?! I can't imagine..but say she did. The fact remains she is still the last one with the child and lied about it.

Does it piss me off any less?! Nope. Your baby doesn't DIE and then you don't tell anyone...then you wait until that father comes home and the morning of...try to pass it off as an abduction.

If her parents or even HIS parents didn't take the time for their grandchild...they should live with that guilt from now on. How DARE they! When you bring a child into this world...you should be there for them and be there for their's. It is an unwritten law in my family and maybe it should become a real one...since families don't seem to get it.

Yeah, in the end she kept a deathly secret, didn't she. I really don't think it would be hard to do though. It's not like neighbors talk to each other anymore. Who knows what their family situation was like.

She was such a cute little baby. I wonder how she died.

And I am so sorry for the families that don't know that kind of love, Taxi and Kat. They don't know the kind of love they missed out on. Hugs~

http://www.charlotte.com/204/story/327347.html

Rollins said Creech was picked up at Pope Air Force Base on Friday by his mother and driven to his daughter's home near Spring Lake. They awakened the baby's mother and found the baby missing.

So the baby's momma deliberately hid the dead child's body... and then set up things to look like an abduction?!?!?!?! And how horrible that the smell the neighbors were smelling was the child's decomposing body. How could that mother live with herself and in that house, KNOWING what the smell was. Gah... how horrible!!!

I am actually becoming very angry with those neighbors. You do not smell death and not remember it. They should have called someone to investigate. (I watched the interview with one set of next door neighbors and they did not ever mention anything. Was it the other neighbors?)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back