GUILTY NC - Harmony Creech, 11 mos, Spring Lake, Aug 2007

They thought it was a dead animal of some kind. Most people don't automatically think "My neighbor killed someone and is hiding the corpse!!1" they think "Ewww, what critter crawled up under my house or into my yard somewhere to die?!" Apparently the smell wasn't strong enough to pinpoint where it was coming from, because it was said they "searched their backyards for the source of the smell". So, strong enough to detect, but not pinpoint where it is coming from apparently. I wouldn't automatically think it was a human I was smelling myself, nor would I call the cops right away to report it. I'd look around for the dead opossum, cat, stray dog, or maybe raccoon first. Each neighbor probably thought someone else had found whatever the cause of the stench was and cleared it away when it got cooler and the smell went away. This is plausible. I've heard tales of critters crawling in places and dying and stinking up a neighborhood only to be found some time later as bones, it isn't an uncommn thing at all. I've smelled them too, and no, you can't pinpoint the precise source at times, especially if it isn't a larger critter.

Stop blaming. By the time there was a smell, the baby had already been dead for some time. Calling the police and reporting the smell might not have done anything. The police might also have said "An animal crawled up into a tight space somewhere to die, what do you want us to do?" since they didn't know where the smell was coming from. Finding the body sooner would not have helped that father get home in a timely manner to bury his daughter and be able to see her and touch her, either. She was too far gone to have an open casket by then.

What Johni Michelle Heuser did was TERRIBLE, and if she is responsible somehow for the baby's death, Evil. If she had spoken up earlier, Harmony's father could probably have gotten emergency leave to come be at her funeral, or he'd be able to try. By the time there was a smell, revealing the fact the baby was dead to everyone was quite overdue. Nothing can turn back the clocks, and putting the blame on neighbors who couldn't have known better (given the circumstances and elusive nature of the smell) is wasted energy. Let's focus on learning how the baby died, wishing the baby's siblings well, and the rest of Harmony's family who loved her. Let's focus on waiting to see what happened.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1952100/

Mom charged with 1st degree murder :(
Mom Charged With Murder After Baby Found Dead

1952101-1192944028-220x165.jpg

Posted: Today at 1:22 a.m.
Updated: Today at 7:49 a.m.
Spring Lake — Harnett County authorities arrested the mother of an 11-month-old girl who was found dead in the attic of her family's home Saturday.
Police charged Johni Michelle Heuser, 25, with first-degree murder. She was confined to the Harnett County Detention Center with no bond.
The body of Harmony Jade Creech was found late Saturday afternoon hidden in the attic of 1680 Ray Road by crime scene investigators from the Harnett County Sheriff’s Office and the FBI.
"It's a tragic end to a sad situation for this family and for the community as well," Harnett County Sheriff Larry Rollins said. (more at link)

VIDEO OF NEWS CONFERENCE ON THE RIGHT OF THAT PAGE

The news conference (prior to her arrest) didn't reveal anything new to me, but I heard the Sheriff say "Jade" instead of "Jude", so that clears up Harmony's interesting middle name for me. (I thought maybe the baby was fathered by a "Jude" for a while there!)

What a very tragic situation. Rest in Peace sweet Harmony.

I would like to have a few words with the "mother". :furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

The news conference (prior to her arrest) didn't reveal anything new to me, but I heard the Sheriff say "Jade" instead of "Jude", so that clears up Harmony's interesting middle name for me. (I thought maybe the baby was fathered by a "Jude" for a while there!)

FWIW I know of one young woman whose middle name is indeed "Jude."

I would love to know what made LE/DA charge her with murder first degree. I wonder what evidence they have.

Hoppy

Just catching up on this now. Did anyone notice that guy Leroy, who keeps commenting on the baby's mom's myspace page, has something on his page that says "I will be without internet for a period of time, a few months, so i apologize for not responding". His last login was Oct. 12. Wonder what's going on with him?

FWIW I know of one young woman whose middle name is indeed "Jude."

I would love to know what made LE/DA charge her with murder first degree. I wonder what evidence they have.

Hoppy

Oh, Hoppy, I didn't mean anything bad about her middle name. I was more or less looking for a clue as to who her real dad might be if it turned out Ron Creech wasn't. :blowkiss:

Oh, Hoppy, I didn't mean anything bad about her middle name. I was more or less looking for a clue as to who her real dad might be if it turned out Ron Creech wasn't. :blowkiss:

Oh! I know you didn't! Your post simply reminded me that I knew a girl with that middle name, that's all! I read *nothing* bad into your post. No prob!

Hoppy, but I'll still take the kisses you're blowing!

I assumed she was single since she does not have the same last name as the baby's father.

Mother = Heuser
Father = Creech

Ah, gotcha. I was thinking she kept her maiden name - my mother did that. :)

Could be but it seems that the media would have reported something about them being married such as she remained at home while his mother picked up her husband.

Just catching up on this now. Did anyone notice that guy Leroy, who keeps commenting on the baby's mom's myspace page, has something on his page that says "I will be without internet for a period of time, a few months, so i apologize for not responding". His last login was Oct. 12. Wonder what's going on with him?

I am so glad you pointed that out, it was about to drive me crazy!!!!!!!!!!! What the he!! is up with that? I wonder if his last login date corresponds with the day the baby died..I guess we will know soon enough.

ETA: I just noticed the last login date is 10/21/07, he has been on today...or maybe LE?

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1952100/

Mom charged with 1st degree murder <snipped sad face>
Mom Charged With Murder After Baby Found Dead

1952101-1192944028-220x165.jpg

<snip>

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: I hope they let her ROT! :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar What an EVIL creature! It must have been a violent death for poor Harmony, for them to be able to tell so quickly it wasn't SIDS. And what she did to the father, and everyone else who loved that baby! :( :( :( :( :(

:furious: :furious: EVIL HORRID SELFISH SCUM!!!!!!! :furious: :furious: Wait, that is insulting scum, because at least it has a purpose as food. I bet she'd poison whatever ate her! I hope she suffers and worries the rest of her life that someone will avenge her daughter's death. I hope she is grey within a month of serving her sentence, and can't even drink except from a covered cup for the worry shakes she has.

This is perfectly fine here---this is the DISCUSSION forum, the other one is for info and family support ONLY.
Oh, I realize that! I just wanted to point out that the other thread existed in case people wanted to go over there and read it. That's all.

Hoppy

Family: Mom charged with murder "not in the right state of mind" (I'll say)

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1953349/

Posted: Oct. 21 6:09 p.m.
Updated: 47 minutes ago
Spring Lake &#8212; Family members of the Harnett County mother charged with murder in her baby&#8217;s death said they continue to support her, but they don&#8217;t understand what happened.

&#8220;My daughter obviously was not in the right state of mind,&#8221; said Hannibal Irrizary, father of Michelle Heuser, 25. &#8220;This is not in her character, you know, the stuff that has gone on.&#8221;

and

&#8220;If it had not been for them keeping my son for three tours of duty, my son would have been home, possibly keeping this from happening,&#8221; Ronald Creech I said.

Although he&#8217;s angry, the elder Creech said he will support Heuser. The one thing that comforts him is knowing his son got to meet Harmony once, briefly, before she died.

&#8220;He got to hold her. That&#8217;s something I&#8217;ll never get to do,&#8221; Ronald Creech I said.

Heuser was being held in the Harnett County Detention Center without bond. She is expected in court Monday morning. Harmony&#8217;s body was taken to the Medical Examiner&#8217;s Office in Chapel Hill to determine how she died.

&#8220;[Harmony] smiled and the whole room lit up,&#8221; Irrizary said. &#8220;You know, she was just a bundle of joy.&#8221;
(more plus video at link)

See Steve Huff's blog entry for my comments (KatK, not Kat) with my most recent research and findings! I don't wanna double post 'em.

This is so sad and heartbreaking. I live very close to where this happened, I didnt know any of the people involved. but Im like you katk...I hope she rots.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sally43
Back