Found Deceased NC - Summer Swindell, 22, Havelock, 28 April 2015 *Arrest*

I live in the area and find so many strange things about this whole thing. A 22 year old woman leaves at midnight, which by all accounts, is totally uncharacteristic for her, and never returns. One person, her ex husband, says she leaves with a man only known by "Chad" in a "dark colored SUV" without taking any of her personal belongings like phone, keys, handbag. There has been very minimal media coverage, no searches that I know of, an extremely vague description of "Chad" and the vehicle she left in. What is going on here, do the Havelock police know who "Chad" is? Is there even really a "Chad"?
I have read through the chatter on a local news station's fb page and I've seen everything from fingers pointing to the ex, to people coming to defend him and even one claiming he has been cleared by the Havelock police. I have seen nothing in the media or online that says he has been cleared. I'm not saying I think he is to blame for her disappearance. The truth is I don't really know what to make of this whole thing yet but, let's be honest, it wouldn't be the first time an ex husband has snapped so I'm definitely not ready to ruled that out either.
Maybe she just decided to run away from her life with someone new, although I find that unlikely. She is newly engaged, has two little ones that, from all I've read, she would never leave without. Was is a drug deal gone bad, as some have suggested? Maybe, but no one has come forward to claim she was a drug user. In fact people have said just the opposite. How did she know this guy Chad then? It's very possible that the pd already have the answers and are just busy building a case but if not, a little info can go a long way. I know that police don't want to tip their hand and that most things need to be held close to the vest but people can't help find someone if there is no info to go on.
Sorry for my ramblings. I guess I'm just like most people in this area, just trying to sort it all out.

What her parents say is uncharacteristic for her at age 22, after one marriage, two kids, a new fiancee, I do not argue with but take with a grain of salt. From what I can comprehend from msm, the whole "Chad" incident has come from 1 person. Until LE find a man that says he picked her up, the ex is the last to see her, in my book.

I am very suspicious of someone close, that's all for now.

AND I still hold out to my original statement, quoting myself from 3 days after she went missing. My opinion and a very strong one!

A news link to this story came up on my FB wall today so I searched her name here. Still nothing on her disappearance ? Such a shame .

Just thinking out loud here... With the new fiancé being in the military would he be stationed in their hometown always ? I am wondering if perhaps the life that the ex had with Summer and his children was about to change ? What if once she remarried she and the kids would be moving away with her new hubby ? From looking at the ex's FB he certainly seems to have been involved in his children's lives. He posts one pic a couple of times that made me wonder. It is about being a dad. The last line is that he " can protect like a body guard". This pic is posted in both March & April. It is likely nothing but something about it struck me.
At first I was wondering about the current man in her life. Young guy, just graduated community college, getting set to start out in life. Somehow he looks angry in all of his pics. But then when I went to the ex's and see that it is a recent break up of the family. ( he was posting pics of Summer, his love, in Jan 2014. ) then she is engaged to someone new by Dec. that's fast. Must have hurt.
Was he over it ? Was he afraid of losing his kids ? Lots of questions come to mind. Also noticed how few of her same last name relatives are actually sharing her missing story. Strange.

Just thinking out loud here... With the new fiancé being in the military would he be stationed in their hometown always ? I am wondering if perhaps the life that the ex had with Summer and his children was about to change ? What if once she remarried she and the kids would be moving away with her new hubby ? From looking at the ex's FB he certainly seems to have been involved in his children's lives. He posts one pic a couple of times that made me wonder. It is about being a dad. The last line is that he " can protect like a body guard". This pic is posted in both March & April. It is likely nothing but something about it struck me.
At first I was wondering about the current man in her life. Young guy, just graduated community college, getting set to start out in life. Somehow he looks angry in all of his pics. But then when I went to the ex's and see that it is a recent break up of the family. ( he was posting pics of Summer, his love, in Jan 2014. ) then she is engaged to someone new by Dec. that's fast. Must have hurt.
Was he over it ? Was he afraid of losing his kids ? Lots of questions come to mind. Also noticed how few of her same last name relatives are actually sharing her missing story. Strange.
That is a great point about moving away with the kids. My husband's ex wife is married to someone in the military and over the past 15 years they moved 5 times, all different states and now live in the UK.

I wish there was a description of "Chad". Even if people don't see Summer they might see him. I've heard alternately that she didn't take any personal belongings with her (phone,wallet, etc) and then also that her phone is "off".

She works at the local Walmart here so a lot of people immediately recognized her. I hope this helps find her. It's never good when they're gone this long

So who was the one to see her leave with "Chad", the ex?
As a mother of two small children I can't see leaving my kids without my phone, ever. This whole story is very fishy.
MSM has been awfully quiet. Could police know what happened and just need proof?

Havelock police continue search for missing woman
Authorities are working “feverishly but very methodically” to find a Havelock mother who went missing a month ago, Havelock Police Chief David Magnusson said.

Magnusson said he did not want to go into specifics of the investigation into the disappearance of Summer Swindell, who was last seen outside her McCotter Boulevard apartment on April 28.
http://m.newbernsj.com/news/cops-co...ce-continue-search-for-missing-woman-1.483769

That is a great point about moving away with the kids. My husband's ex wife is married to someone in the military and over the past 15 years they moved 5 times, all different states and now live in the UK.
I believe in the US, a parent can fight to NOT allow the children to be taken out of the state, assuming that was a contingency in the custody settlement.

I believe in the US, a parent can fight to NOT allow the children to be taken out of the state, assuming that was a contingency in the custody settlement.

It depends on each state's laws but yes, a parent can fight that in court. However, if there are no extenuating circumstances such as neglect, etc, most states try to make accomodations for military families. Usually it ends up with the military family bearing the cost of travel expenses to get the kids back and forth for visitation, etc. There is no one standard answer there, every case has so many factors.

It also makes a difference if the children belong to the active duty military member or to a remarried spouse.

I know a couple of people who tried to fight it in the past (10 plus years ago)The lawyer costs were so expensive they couldn't afford to pursue it. I can't recall if this was years after the divorces or not. I do know my cousin who lives in Idaho is not allowed to move with her daughter and that was in the divorce custody agreement.

My VERY HUMBLE OPINION IS
1) there's NO person such as Chad
2) I see a case of "I will NOT let another man raise MY kids.
3) I'll take care of this.
4) Summer may be found, but it will be a tragic outcome.

My VERY HUMBLE OPINION IS
1) there's NO person such as Chad
2) I see a case of "I will NOT let another man raise MY kids.
3) I'll take care of this.
4) Summer may be found, but it will be a tragic outcome.
I agree 100% Wonder if police have searched the ex's vehicle.

I don't know any details of the investigation, but, I think he should have been the first person to be investigated , hair by hair. Maybe that's why we're not hearing anything, maybe they have their man ,but need to investigate deeper and be 100% sure.
It's very telling that not ONE person has ever heard of "chad". Working at WM and having a fiancée wasn't like she was sheltered.
The x also was serving time and seemed to have gotten his "ministers' license or whatever they call it while he was incarcerated. Hmmmm!!

Right about the FB page. I've honestly never seen a dad post so much about his kids. I am wondering if he just snapped. And what a shame because I do not think Summer will be found alive, and if ex is responsible not the kids lose both parents.
I'm wondering why the ex was at Summer's apartment so late? Did she just get home from work or a night out and supposedly run back out with aka mystery guy? Did she call him around midnight saying she needed him to watch the kids. Or did she never leave home at all? There's been no timeline is msm leading up to her disappearance that I can find and I find that odd. This case is going to really bother me until Summer is found, and there are answers. My heart breaks for her kids most of all. They need their mommy :(

Another article, Pretty much same thing with some different wording.

http://m.jdnews.com/news/local/police-continue-search-for-havelock-mother-missing-a-month-1.484075

"Obviously during the course of the last few weeks we were able to focus down a certain road that may not have been there at the onset of this. However, where we are is nothing that I want to get into for a variety of reasons.”

BBM

Just checking in hoping for an update. Thanks for linking this krig101. It's a good informative update on the search efforts. Going by the statement bolded by me, it sounds like they may think she's deceased. I sure hope not, but I can't see her leaving her kids behind voluntarily. Prayers for her children and family.

Her mother says Summer's a very devoted mother and very family oriented. I'm pretty sure she didn't just up and leave without her children and no word from her at all. I agree and hope they're investigating her ex and his belongings very thoroughly. I've never heard of anyone mentioning this 'Chad', other than ex. I wonder if it's someone he made up to try to cover his own *advertiser censored*? LE has never mentioned interviewing Chad or if Chad is missing also. This is extremely suspicious IMO.

Her mother says Summer's a very devoted mother and very family oriented. I'm pretty sure she didn't just up and leave without her children and no word from her at all. I agree and hope they're investigating her ex and his belongings very thoroughly. I've never heard of anyone mentioning this 'Chad', other than ex. I wonder if it's someone he made up to try to cover his own *advertiser censored*? LE has never mentioned interviewing Chad or if Chad is missing also. This is extremely suspicious IMO.
Phone records alone would probably have already confirmed if Chad exists. And I personally don't think he does.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back