New York couple commit suicide, leaving two adult children behind

This is def high rent district!!

Gross

The window in the picture at link below is cracked open a little what do two peole squeeze through a window open a quarter of the way?

He looked stocky= two people going out the window at the same time?

The govt works with people who are behind dont they

There are places the get your final tax bill way down right?

One would think they would be somewhat inteligent and be aware of this -- they have commericals on all the time "we can get your tax burden down 98.2 percent "

Men with guns who say someone will kill your kids right now if you dont jump??

ID in zip lock -- how hard would it be to idently them -- a suicidal person is not worried about getting IDed- especially at the front door of where they work

Do not know if in this day and age sucide notes are typed but it sure seems odd to not scrawl some stuff out on paper with a pen

I have seen "scream" both singular and plural -- I think kind of important which it was ?

I would think a male would have a wallet why take out liscense?

It is odd to be at the office at that time of night

It would be interesting to see what there supposed health issues are

From their residence it def seems like they were financial strapped

The private school sound like paid for via loans so it doesn't seem that strange for kids to be in priv schools

Why is there chaulk marks around one of the victims outside the blanket covering them?

There was on report that said her note named a person to pls tell the children they were dead -- that did sound like something a mother would do

The other thing if true was a report that they had lugged personal stuff in trash bags downstairs -- that would be congruent with not wanting your kids to have to go through that

some say from a rooftop others say from 9th story window?

Would be interesting to see what the highest rates in that market are for Obama care

Was it there lifestyle or was his practice just not busy?

What were his fees for an adjustment ?

Just thinking financial what cars did that have?

What was his rent ? Was his office lavish?

What was there income?

Were the kids working at all?

Any affair notions?

How long were they married?

It sure is a mystery is it not

But I remain bewildered by most is both landing on there backs tho

http://ghananewsfeed.com/chiropract...their-deaths-from-a-manhattan-office-building

42C705C000000578-4739512-image-a-102_1501262922606.jpg

Cariis, is this picture the building at their home address?

Stone Street Tavern, I love old buildings!

Thanks for your informative post CARIIS, I am beginning to think Mr Scarpelli was holding his wife's arms and they both went off (maybe the roof) together -- that way she stayed face up with him holding her her face-up. He would have had to let her go eventually - she stayed face up and he only turned face-up at the last instant. I cannot think of any other way they could both hit the ground face-up. After thinking about it I do not believe they both jumped out of the open window, I think Mr. Scarpelli left that window open so it would look like a suicide pact. I thought from the beginning that this was a disguised murder/suicide, but I had not put much thought into how they could both land face-up. That could only happen if he was holding her as they went off the roof - which is murder/suicide. That means it was Mrs Scarpelli people heard scream on the way down. :(

But there were two suicide notes, right? Were they handwritten?

This is def high rent district!!

Gross

The window in the picture at link below is cracked open a little what do two peole squeeze through a window open a quarter of the way?

He looked stocky= two people going out the window at the same time?

The govt works with people who are behind dont they

There are places the get your final tax bill way down right?

One would think they would be somewhat inteligent and be aware of this -- they have commericals on all the time "we can get your tax burden down 98.2 percent "

Men with guns who say someone will kill your kids right now if you dont jump??

ID in zip lock -- how hard would it be to idently them -- a suicidal person is not worried about getting IDed- especially at the front door of where they work

Do not know if in this day and age sucide notes are typed but it sure seems odd to not scrawl some stuff out on paper with a pen

I have seen "scream" both singular and plural -- I think kind of important which it was ?

I would think a male would have a wallet why take out liscense?

It is odd to be at the office at that time of night

It would be interesting to see what there supposed health issues are

From their residence it def seems like they were financial strapped

The private school sound like paid for via loans so it doesn't seem that strange for kids to be in priv schools

Why is there chaulk marks around one of the victims outside the blanket covering them?

There was on report that said her note named a person to pls tell the children they were dead -- that did sound like something a mother would do

The other thing if true was a report that they had lugged personal stuff in trash bags downstairs -- that would be congruent with not wanting your kids to have to go through that

some say from a rooftop others say from 9th story window?

Would be interesting to see what the highest rates in that market are for Obama care

Was it there lifestyle or was his practice just not busy?

What were his fees for an adjustment ?

Just thinking financial what cars did that have?

What was his rent ? Was his office lavish?

What was there income?

Were the kids working at all?

Any affair notions?

How long were they married?

It sure is a mystery is it not

But I remain bewildered by most is both landing on there backs tho

http://ghananewsfeed.com/chiropract...their-deaths-from-a-manhattan-office-building

42C705C000000578-4739512-image-a-102_1501262922606.jpg

Son, daughter-in-law of former New Jersey mayor jump to their deaths, reports say

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ayor-jump-their-deaths-reports-say/522459001/

You know what also struck me as odd. There were reports (seems as if they have faded as the story spreads) was they both were in poor health.

One would think that would more influencial in terms in wanting to die (suffering pain wanting kids to avoid)

If someone was looking for a reason to myake it look like sucide wouldnt ya think one would use that angle rather than two people that were employed?

Cariis, is this picture the building at their home address?

Stone Street Tavern, I love old buildings!

yes

I hate old buildings! I am scared of boggey men!

OT

Ugh when I was 13 they took us to Europe,

We were supposed to leave the day BEA Trident crashed over there.

w I will never forget it . It was called HOtel Cumberland ( I cannot remember the name of any of the other hotels over there which I think is interesting!)

I mean old. It had those creepy elevators , a skelton type key (huge dirty gross) . I remember the phone. The phone really freaked me out bad.

The phone so creeped me out like old murder movies. Heavy loud when you dialed .

I dont know it just creeped me out bad .

Close to this

Doesn't it look like a phone in an old murder mystery!

old-956455_960_720.jpg

obviously never forgot it

I thought I will look it up

ahhhhhhhhhhh thats it -- looked like the place where murders happened!

I also remembered hating London hotdogs!! Don't ask me where that just came from !!

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...iC7tDW2K7VAhWDOSYKHS6TAYcQMwglKAAwAA..i&w=550

hotel-cumberland-eastbourne.jpg

But there were two suicide notes, right? Were they handwritten?

Mr Scarpelli's was typed (and I think this report shows a photo) (** ETA Sorry, everybodhi linked this above! Just realized)

http://nypost.com/2017/07/28/couple-caught-in-financial-spiral-jump-to-their-deaths/

"Older/cached" NYPost report:

"His wife also had a suicide note in her pocket that read, “in sum and substance,” according to a source, “‘Our kids are upstairs, please take care of them.’”"

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...afford-health-care/+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Did they/the children live in the office building?? I'm confused. The current (first NYPost link above) states:

"Records show the couple, who lived in the Financial District, were drowning in debt and slammed with dozens of tax liens from both the federal and state government."

I don't live in NYC but I've been there many times. And, from what I know... Where they jumped and "Financial District" aren't the same areas of NYC. Am I wrong about this??

way more here than has been told...way more...and honestly whether they lived in high rent bldg. or a subsided housing makes not difference...and I don't buy they both wanted out...and zero documented medical issues...just another story that seemed exciting to some media given the vote that night.

He was 53 but became a chiropractor after 2000, his loans from school were part of his debt.

"In 2013, the feds took legal action against Scarpelli for failing to pay back a nearly $60,000 student loan he took out in 2000 while studying at the Logan College of Chiropractic in Chesterfield, Mo."

I'm not sure what you're implying, @turaj, if anything. Tabloid media, initially, jumped on the story, tbh. Mainly because it's sensational. Double suicide, high-profile middle-aged couple, possible defenestration, health care debt rumors.

(As following story links through this thread will show.)

National and other media outlets are now reporting it — and the confusion over the health care angle appears to be cleared up.

TBH, the proliferation of rumors and errors coming from NYC's local tabloid (and other) press, even recently with the June shooting at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital, is some of the most baldly "get-it-first-the-facts-can-be-corrected-later" reporting I've seen in a long, long, long time. Disappointing and frustrating. It's hard to trust "first" news reports anyway, let alone "first" reports when journalists go into tabloid-style feeding frenzies at the scene without stopping first to properly source and substantiate facts.

way more here than has been told...way more...and honestly whether they lived in high rent bldg. or a subsided housing makes not difference...and I don't buy they both wanted out...and zero documented medical issues...just another story that seemed exciting to some media given the vote that night.

They both wrote (typed) suicide notes from what has been reported, attributing the suicide to financial issues. I fail to see why I should assume there was some other reason and not the one they listed themselves. Financial stress is not an uncommon reason for suicide.

These people have been in debt since 1998, i believe. Living in NYC, working in NYC, private schooling in NYC, private university in FL....being $250,000 in debt is not a crazy amount. I know peoole who owe the IRS and schools much more than that and they worked out a plan to pay back and they, still, live a "normal" life. Socializing and traveling.

I expected the debt to be much higher for them to have taken their lives, left behind two kids and grieving friends/family.

And even living in a 4 floor walk up, is very expensive in any neighborhood in NYC.

Did any MSM say if they were renting or they owned the apartment?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back