GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
trying to remember, man it seems so long since there was movement in this case details are fuzzy now. Wasn't there some sort of drama between Abigail's mother and the boyfriend's father, some dust up on FB or something?

Now I will have to go back trecking and looking. poop. :sigh:

I hate when I do that to myself. I need to get a better memory. :(

IIRC, Zenya was not directly involved in the FB drama involving Abigail's BF's father. I think it was between the BF's father and others closer to ZH and eventually led to the creation of the Bring Abby Home website and FB page. But I'll be interested to see what you find.

trying to remember, man it seems so long since there was movement in this case details are fuzzy now. Wasn't there some sort of drama between Abigail's mother and the boyfriend's father, some dust up on FB or something?

I vaguely remember it having to do with the fact that she was no longer sharing info with boyfriend's father? I think it came out around the time the existence of the letter was known. I think that is when boyfriend's dad started questioning whether family knew more than they were letting on.

ETA: It wasn't that there was drama between them, just boyfriend's father posting his displeasure/suspicions on his public FB page.

This is all so strange, but to me the letter home from her, the return in the same clothes, the police having to try to figure out where she was instead of hearing and believing what she says... it all smells like covering for a "boyfriend" to me. I think she was dropped in the same spot she was picked up because it worked! No one saw them! Safe pickup place, safe drop off place. She wanted to have contact with her family again or police were moving in too close. She doesn't want to turn in "shack-up dude" and so is refusing to give the info. It feels to me like she still has the same issues as when she left, but now the police want to know, not just her mom.

Just tell the truth, Abby. It will all be ok. If the police want to speak to him, it is because he is old enough to know better. Start a nice, healthy life with those who love you at home. In this case, the truth really will set you free.

Of course, just my opinion of this crazy situation!

Josh Brogadir ‏@joshbNECN 29m

NH AG: all biz owners & residents check surveillance along North-South Rd Sun. 9:30-10:30pm. Insist Abigail Hernandez not alone in this

IDK. I could be totally misinterpreting the statement, but that quote makes it sound like perhaps Abby is not cooperating with the investigation at this time. JMO/impression, could be totally wrong.

IDK. I could be totally misinterpreting the statement, but that quote makes it sound like perhaps Abby is not cooperating with the investigation at this time. JMO/impression, could be totally wrong.

I don't know...just wrote what he wrote me within the quotes...hard to know how to interpret it.

Can someone please explain who this Muzikman person is and what the heck this is about?

ATTENTION PLEASE: The pregnancy discussion is OFF THE TABLE unless you have a valid link to support your speculation.

This is a minor child here. The internet is forever.

Please post respectfully.

Salem

“I don’t know how much this cost the town but somebody should come clean about what happened,” he said. “They didn’t find her; she came home on her own, from what I know.”

“I want to know where she was, where she’s been for nine months,” Downs said. “It should have been figured out. Everybody wants to know the truth.”

Police Chief Edward Wagner said the search cost his department more than $20,000, a third of his annual overtime budget, and that didn’t include hours worked by officers who don’t get overtime.

At the school on Tuesday, Principal Neal Moylan pulled together summer school students to see how they were handling the news.

“These are young people who’ve gone through a whole range of emotions this past year,” Moylan said. “Everybody wonders what’s going on. We’re patient. We’re going to stay out of the way and let the professionals do their job and when it’s time for us to do our job, we’ll be here.”

http://www.pressherald.com/2014/07/22/conway-n-h-relieved-but-curious-about-teens-return/

so, I've been traveling and finding it hard to catch up with the whirlwind of activity of the past 48 hours. First - thank you to all who prayed for Abby's safe return. Second - I'm so happy for Abby and her family. Third - thanks to the regulars here who kept this thread going when there was no hope - MamaJoJo, Lookinghoping, Stelesheart, steelslady, skibaboo, NHgirl, jade and the countless I am forgetting etc. - it does my heart good to see so many people caring about a person they never met....you are all amazing! If Abby wants to share her story, I'd love to hear every word. If she wants to shut out the press and all outsiders, I support her 100% and hope she has a blessed and happy life. So glad to get this news and praying for a happy transition for Abby.

I was watching some show on the ID channel the other day, I think it was Last Seen Alive and a woman was looking for her adult sister. They ended up in Miami and knocked on the door of several homeless shelters. The shelters were not allowed to share any information due to HIPAA laws. Until then I was not aware that a shelter fell under that law but since they provide certain health services I guess it makes sense now.

I found it interesting that they could not tell this woman whether or not her sister was living there. I have a friend who is a nurse and she said people call the hospital all the time asking if their friends or relatives checked into the ER and they tell them yes or no. How is this different or has the hospital been violating HIPAA all the time?

Does anyone know the specifics on these types of things?

If Abby went to a battered women's shelter or a teen parent center or a homeless shelter would they be able to reveal to anyone that she was there or would they be bound by law to keep it confidential?

Here is a hypothetical scenario.

A teen girl is abused at home by her step father. She runs away to a shelter and tells them she is being abused and has nowhere else to go. They take her in. The mother and step father report her missing. She is missing for several months but is terrified of her step father. She tells the people at the shelter that he threatened to kill her and she is afraid for her life.

Would they be obligated to call the police?

I was watching some show on the ID channel the other day, I think it was Last Seen Alive and a woman was looking for her adult sister. They ended up in Miami and knocked on the door of several homeless shelters. The shelters were not allowed to share any information due to HIPAA laws. Until then I was not aware that a shelter fell under that law but since they provide certain health services I guess it makes sense now.

I found it interesting that they could not tell this woman whether or not her sister was living there. I have a friend who is a nurse and she said people call the hospital all the time asking if their friends or relatives checked into the ER and they tell them yes or no. How is this different or has the hospital been violating HIPAA all the time?

If Abby went to a battered women's shelter or a teen parent center or a homeless shelter would they be able to reveal to anyone that she was there or would they be bound by law to keep it confidential?

A teen girl is abused at home by her step father. She runs away to a shelter and tells them she is being abused and has nowhere else to go. They take her in. The mother and step father report her missing. She is missing for several months but is terrified of her step father. She tells the people at the shelter that he threatened to kill her and she is afraid for her life.

I believe they would be, since she is a minor. They are probably mandated reporters (although the scope of who is included as a mandatory reporter varies by state)

Something like that. Has bf or the dad made any statement?

i was watching some show on the id channel the other day, i think it was last seen alive and a woman was looking for her adult sister. They ended up in miami and knocked on the door of several homeless shelters. The shelters were not allowed to share any information due to hipaa laws. Until then i was not aware that a shelter fell under that law but since they provide certain health services i guess it makes sense now.

I found it interesting that they could not tell this woman whether or not her sister was living there. I have a friend who is a nurse and she said people call the hospital all the time asking if their friends or relatives checked into the er and they tell them yes or no. How is this different or has the hospital been violating hipaa all the time?

If abby went to a battered women's shelter or a teen parent center or a homeless shelter would they be able to reveal to anyone that she was there or would they be bound by law to keep it confidential?

yes !

I think it is totally fair to the people of that town who expended money and time looking for Abby to get an explanation. It does not have to be detailed, but they deserve to know generally what happened.
i can understand that sentiment. but for those who really truly cared about Abby coming home safely, I dont think it matters. The poor girl missed her freshman year in HS, had a traumatic 9 months and will live with this history forever. im just glad she's back and hope she can be happy. night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguel13b