GUILTY NY - Andrew Cianfrini, 21 mos, fatally poisoned, Elmira, 10 Nov 2009

This is absurd....by giving him that she meant to kill him, that is a painful death

I don't think this little guy was sick, his evil stepmom just wanted to kill him

I have not even seen much about this case, what is wrong with these people??? this is just disgusting...what a beautiful little boy

RIP Andrew

just unreal..what hatred she must have had for her stepson...unreal

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

http://www.wetmtv.com/news/local/st...r-Poisoning-Death/2jNnfP74LEW92oDI3OdXNA.cspx

Video available at link

ELMIRA- The Elmira woman accused of poisoning her baby step-son was arraigned in Chemung County Court, Thursday afternoon.24-year-old Melissa Engelhardt pleaded not guilty to murder and manslaughter charges.

Police say she confessed to poisoning her 21-month old step child Andrew Cianfrini last November by putting methanol in his juice.

The Assistant District Attorney says investigators found internet records that show Engelhardt researched ways to poison a person just days before the baby was in her care. He also says test results show the methanol found in the baby's body was also present on the sippy cup he drank from.

If found guilty Engelhardt faces life in prison.

BBM: Premeditation? I will be watching this case. Also notice that she plead not guilty to Murder and Manslaughter charges. She can face life in prison. I am trying to find out if the grand jury upped the charges as it appears they did.

I've been trying to get more info. on her, but am running into a brick wall. I know she is in the Chemung County Jail based on Vinelink records, but that jail has no inmate lookup. Since she is still at the county jail, she isn't in DOC records. Not sure where to go from here. I was hoping to find some court records on her.

im sorry if she was searching for ways to poison him days before the murder then how in the world is this a manslaughter case?

ridiculous

yay!!

Also, on her MS it says that her husband was leaving for deployment January 2010..does this mean she was in charge of the baby while the father was away? If so, why?

I wonder what mom's reaction is. Sometimes I wish, barbaric as it sounds, that vigilante justice was allowed with regards to people who hurt/kill children!!

Bumping thred for Andrew. The trial should be starting soon. My understanding from local talk is she trying to get a deal.

Bumping thred for Andrew. The trial should be starting soon. My understanding from local talk is she trying to get a deal.

Thanks for posting this update/bump. IMO, she has nothing to offer for a "deal", except to save taxpayers money. May she burn :furious:

She already got a deal by only being charged with manslaughter. I still don't get that.

I just put Melissa Engelhardt on Vinelink notification so we will get trial notifications. She is still being held in the Chemung County Jail.

http://thedailynewsonline.com/news/article_7f965062-cd1f-11df-b7ff-001cc4c03286.html

Snip:

Posted: Friday, October 1, 2010 6:30 am | Updated: 6:49 am, Fri Oct 1, 2010.

By Scott DeSmit sdesmit@batavianews.com | 0 comments

An Elmira woman charged with murdering her 21-month-old stepson from Batavia has given birth to her own son, a month before she is scheduled to face trial in Chemung County Court.

Melissa Englehardt, who has been in jail since her arrest, gave birth to a boy on Sept. 21, said Ed Minardo, director of Genesee Justice.

Minardo said he spoke with Chemung County Chief Assistant District Attorney John Thweatt, who told him that the child is in the custody of his father, George Englehardt.

He said Chemung County is attempting to terminate Melissa Englehardt’s parental rights.

RIP Andrew :rose:

Engelhardt Faces Friends, Family on First Day of Trial (Video at bottom of story)
Jane Park

October 26, 2010

ELMIRA-- Melissa Engelhardt waived her right to a jury earlier this month.

She was in Chemung County Court to face a judge, and those who came to testify against her.

Prosecution's witnesses took the stand, and there was one common theme. Many of them say Engelhardt had recurring concerns of child poisoning and abuse, and even resentful thoughts toward her stepson, leading up to his death.

Kristen Cianfrini and Engelhardt's husband, George Engelhardt, were both in court today. He said Melissa told him, “It would be nice if we didn't have to support so many kids.”

Thweatt said, “She acknowledged she put what she thought was windshield washer fluid into the sippy cup and gave it to him,” and, “The defendant did in fact want to hurt Andrew, her actions were utterly and completely reckless.”

The trial continues Wednesday at Chemung County Court.

http://www.weny.com/News-Local.asp?ARTICLE3864=9156800

Thank you Texas Mist for the updated article. I guess we have to wait for a little longer, I look forward to hearing the verdict and penelty phase.

Andrew a beautiful angel, I hope that you find comfort and peace.

RIP Andrew :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back