GUILTY NY - Andrew Cianfrini, 21 mos, fatally poisoned, Elmira, 10 Nov 2009

http://watertown.ynn.com/content/top_stories/521904/testimony-in-engelhardt-trial-continues/

Snip:

In a statement read in court, Engelhardt said, "I didn't want him to die. I just wanted to make him sick...I didn't think I would actually follow through and do it."

The investigator said Engelhardt planned to blame the illness on the child's birth mother, in hopes Engelhardt and her husband would gain custody. A toxicologist confirmed that methanol, a kind of antifreeze, was found in Andrew's sippy cup during the investigation.

In the statement, Engelhardt also said she was bipolar and admitted "when I did this, I was not taking meds."

Closing arguments begin Thursday morning.

And this is a bench trial. That means there is no jury and the judge is expected to decide Engelhardt's fate Thursday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BBM: I'll be watching for it. RIP Andrew :rose:

minimum 5 yrs ??????????....little baby Andrew didn't get a chance to live half that long. :(

Mad crazy I have seen people get harsher time for growing a green plant in their back yard! I am so frustrated...I must stand back a minute cause steam is gonna melt my computer screen. :rant:

What an injustice to Andrew, she put anti freeze in his sippy cup!!!WTH is going on in this world, she deserves to be in jail for life IMO.She murdered him in cold blood!!!! Sentences like this are the reason why we are seeing so many murdered children everyday.That Judge should be throw off the bench IMO.

Light a blue candle for Andrew or if you can join the memorial (please see link and additional information below) on November 10th. You can let the family know that you support them and justice for Andrew at the link in my signature page. It will have been one year since Andrew was posioned by Windshield Wiper fluid by his stepmother.

Thank you in advance!
:rose: :rose: :rose:

http://thedailynewsonline.com/obituaries/article_13d0fd82-e958-11df-a9df-001cc4c03286.html

Andrew Cianfrini

BATAVIA — The family is having a candlelighting for Andrew Cianfrini at 6 p.m. Wednesday at St. Joseph’s Mausoleum on Ellicott Street, Batavia. This is for anyone that would like to support the family.

As a request from the family, they are asking everyone to bring a blue candle. The family would like to thank everyone in advance for participating.

minimum 5 yrs ??????????....little baby Andrew didn't get a chance to live half that long. :(

But she could get 25 years. So I'm sending prayers that she gets the full 25!

Salem

Light a blue candle for Andrew or if you can join the memorial (please see link and additional information below) on November 10th. You can let the family know that you support them and justice for Andrew at the link in my signature page. It will have been one year since Andrew was posioned by Windshield Wiper fluid by his stepmother.

Thank you in advance!
:rose: :rose: :rose:

http://thedailynewsonline.com/obituaries/article_13d0fd82-e958-11df-a9df-001cc4c03286.html

Andrew Cianfrini

BATAVIA — The family is having a candlelighting for Andrew Cianfrini at 6 p.m. Wednesday at St. Joseph’s Mausoleum on Ellicott Street, Batavia. This is for anyone that would like to support the family.

As a request from the family, they are asking everyone to bring a blue candle. The family would like to thank everyone in advance for participating.

Sorry to quote my post but I wanted to send out a little reminder for those who wish to light a candle for Andrew. Thank you in advance. Bless you.

:rose: Andrew RIP :rose:

Updated article in the news with photos from the candle light memorial for Andrew. Thank you to all that are following the story for your heartfelt prayers, candles that you lit and just for caring enough to read the thred.

:rose: RIP Andrew.

Snip:

A growing number of people in Genesee County have a message for Chemung County Judge Peter C. Buckley: Do right by Baby Andrew.

They already think Buckley's served justice poorly by not finding Andrew Cianfrini's killer, his own step-mother, 24-year-old Melissa Engelhardt, guilty of murder. Instead, Buckley found Engelhardt guilty of only manslaughter in a non-jury trial where Buckley was the sole fact finder in the case.

More than 1,200 people have joined a Facebook group, Justice for Baby Andrew, and about 100 of them gathered Wednesday evening for a candlelight vigil at St. Joseph's Mausoleum, where Baby Andrew was laid to rest.

Link:
http://thebatavian.com/blogs/howard...nding-together-seek-justice-baby-andrew/22074

I also pray she gets 25 years, Andrew was such a beautiful child he deserved a right to grow up.I still can not believe this Judge, this was cold blooded murder IMO.He needs to be off the bench.

Newest articles:
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://bit.ly/bLEfCf&h=de19f

Snip:
When the verdict was pronounced, all Kristen Cianfrini could do was cry.

Melissa Engelhardt, who in her mind, had murdered her son, 21-month-old Andrew Cianfrini, was getting away with it.

Even though experts had told Kristen a manslaughter rather than a murder verdict was possible, especially from a reportedly liberal Chumung County judge who would render the decision in a non-jury trial, she didn't want to believe it.

"I just pushed it out of my mind," Kristen said. "I just thought the evidence was there."

And according to Ed Minardo, director of Genesee Justice, who sat with Kristen through the entire trial of the 24-year-old Engelhardt, of Elmira, it was.

"How can somebody put poison in a sippy cup and over the next 24 hours watch a baby get sicker and not take him to the hospital and that not be depraved indifference?" said Minardo.

Link: Article about depraved indifference written in this case.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://elmiraecho.com/2010/11/03/depraved-indifference/&h=de19f

Snip from that article:

The fact that the defendant gave the child poison with the intention of making him sick shows she knew the risks when she did it. She did so with the intention to either kill the child as she confided having thoughts about in a conversation with at least one witness, or to simply make him sick and then blame the child’s mother in an attempt to get custody of the child. All because she felt some sense of burden and blamed the child. She knew what she was doing was wrong when she did it, and apologizing or covering her backside by saying she didn’t mean to do changes nothing. She abused, and attempted to use a defenseless child as a pawn in her manipulation of others for her own benefit. If that isn’t “depraved indifference”, I don’t know what is.

Anyone that wishes to write to the probation office that will be sentencing Melissa Engelhardt on December 6th or to the judge I have included information. Andrews mother Kristen is asking people to write and help her seek justice for her child. You can find the link (Justice for Baby Andrew) to her plea in the signature at the bottom of this page. Time is running out!

Letters to the Judge:

Hon. Peter C. Buckley

County Court Judge & Surrogate,

Chemung County 224 Lake Street

P.O. Box 588

Elmira, NY 14902

(607) 737-2940 (607) 737- 2940

Letters to the Probation Department:

The probation department will be doing a pre-sentancing reveiw for the case.

Brian Dupont

Re: People v. Melissa Engelhardt

Chumung County Probation Department

203 Williams St.

Elmira, N.Y. 14091

Thank you in advance all that care, share and just are always there.
:rose: RIP little Andrew

This story is so sad. I don't understand how she thought she was just going to make him sick? And then to plan it on "I didn't take my meds" please! Justice for this baby!!
Then all the research she did on the antifreeze....What is wrong with this judge??

This story is so sad. I don't understand how she thought she was just going to make him sick? And then to plan it on "I didn't take my meds" please! Justice for this baby!!
Then all the research she did on the antifreeze....What is wrong with this judge??

I know right! If she ment only to make him sick to make it look like it was his mom for custody reasons....why didn't she call 911 or march him to the hospital as soon as there were signs! There is so much more to this and the injustice is so frustrating for me, I cant even think of his family must feel:banghead:

Anyone that wishes to write to the probation office that will be sentencing Melissa Engelhardt on December 6th or to the judge I have included information. Andrews mother Kristen is asking people to write and help her seek justice for her child. You can find the link (Justice for Baby Andrew) to her plea in the signature at the bottom of this page. Time is running out!

Letters to the Judge:

Hon. Peter C. Buckley

County Court Judge & Surrogate,

Chemung County 224 Lake Street

P.O. Box 588

Elmira, NY 14902

(607) 737-2940 (607) 737- 2940

Letters to the Probation Department:

The probation department will be doing a pre-sentancing reveiw for the case.

Brian Dupont

Re: People v. Melissa Engelhardt

Chumung County Probation Department

203 Williams St.

Elmira, N.Y. 14091

Thank you in advance all that care, share and just are always there.
:rose: RIP little Andrew

Sorry to quote myself but this post has the addresses already written. December 6 is right around the corner! Also I wanted to add the newest article.

Snip:
]Melissa Englehardt is a murderer.

Plain and simple.

A cold, calculating baby-killer, who even after she murdered young Andrew John Cianfrini had the gall to create a memorial page on the Internet, telling the world how much she loved her stepson.

Twisted.

Should you feel sorry for such a sick young woman, don’t.

She knew what she was doing.

She devised a plan to murder Andrew.

Plain and simple.

Andrew had no idea his stepmother hated him that much. He was just 21 months old and more than likely just saw her as a part-time mommy.

Melissa saw him as something else. An object. A pawn.

Somewhere in her sick mind she thought that by making Andrew sick and by taking care of him like a real mommy she and her husband, Andrew’s father, George, would get custody of the boy.

She researched how to do it and came upon a plan to give the boy windshield washer fluid.

Make him sick and then be the heroine.

Never mind that anything you read about windshield washer fluid or antifreeze or any number of similar products tells you one thing: Drinking this may cause death or serious physical injury.

It is poison.

Link:http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...28c0-eee9-11df-bae1-001cc4c03286.html&h=81ef2

She makes me sick, she knew it would kill him! That Judge needs to come off the bench, WTH is wrong with him???? If that would have been my child,grandson she never would have made it to trial!

There are people all over the world trying to help his voice be heard. below is a video that was recently put on the facebook group. I hope that the judge in this case does the right thing this time!

"Heaven has another angel but we will miss ours".

[video=youtube;hsILisxWWks]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsILisxWWks"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsILisxWWks[/video]

Created by Justice for Baby Andrew~Cortney Bentley

Rest in peace little Andrew :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike