GUILTY NY - Sarah Goode, 21, Medford, 6 June 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a friend of Sarah's family, I would hope that no one actually posts this information. Seriously, I don't really understand how that's even okay to ask on a random internet forum... the family is already being swamped with media, don't need any random person reading on the internet to know these kind of details.

Sorry to be so hostile about this. I understand that you all have a community here and that you are trying to help, but at the same time, reading this kind of request--and the many unfounded rumors and conjecture appearing throughout this thread--is very frustrating.

This is what these type of boards are about. And LE does monitor these forums and in some cases it benefits the case. Clearly addresses and other info is public knowledge and not hard to find. But I believe against the forum
Policy so don't be worried that info will be posted. My family lives in that neighborhood so it doesn't take much to find out. All of us here are trying to help not be like the media and go to her house. It sucks that in these situations especially with social media you find out facts that would otherwise be kept secret. The twitter page to me paints a different picture than what is being portrayed. Don't take it the wrong way but when you follow cases like these long enough you see that is very common. With all due respect my advice is of you are a family member or a close friend the things on these boards may be hard for you to read.

I'm not familiar with how Twitter works. Does the time stamp vary depending on your time zone? When I click the date stamp it shows that last tweet at 10:12 pm and I live only a few minutes away from Medford. If the 10:12 time is accurate that would seem to contradict the story that she was last seen at friends house in Shirley around 1 am.

Does anyone know what street Sarah lives on? Using the locations of her tweets that night perhaps we can get an idea if the route she was travelling was a route she would normally take home from this friends house.

I am not too familiar with twitter either but I have learned from this site that their time stamping seems to be bit off sometimes...is there anyone on here who really knows twitter well and can clarify?

Her tweets make me sad :(

Clearly addresses and other info is public knowledge and not hard to find. But I believe against the forum
Policy so don't be worried that info will be posted. My family lives in that neighborhood so it doesn't take much to find out.

I guess it is true that if the info is out there, it's out there. At the same time, though, I remember an earlier poster saying s/he was "hoping for an insider here" to shed light on who Sarah was with Friday night. I just REALLY hope that those who do know Sarah and her family and who are privy to a bit more information than the news/Twitter has let out would NOT respond to those kind of requests for additional info, especially regarding something like a street address.

I may have misconstrued the address question and perhaps that person was asking only about already public information. Still, though, I would certainly prefer to not make the address so accessible as to list it on a forum for people who are clearly interested in these kind of cases. I understand that you are trying to help and I'm sure many others here are also trying to help, and I'm grateful for that, but you also don't know who is lurking in these forums. Your family living in the neighborhood and learning certain things is very different from broadcasting those things to the internet.

I do feel quite relieved learning more about the forum's policies though, so thank you to those of you who have clarified.

I am not too familiar with twitter either but I have learned from this site that their time stamping seems to be bit off sometimes...is there anyone on here who really knows twitter well and can clarify?

Her tweets make me sad :(

See if this helps. I use this method when using my Twitter.
"... place your mouse pointer over the timestamp on Twitter.com, either in your feed or within the desired tweet, and Twitter will show you the time the tweet was posted via a little pop-up."

http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter/tweet-timestamps_b14609

I guess it is true that if the info is out there, it's out there. At the same time, though, I remember an earlier poster saying s/he was "hoping for an insider here" to shed light on who Sarah was with Friday night. I just REALLY hope that those who do know Sarah and her family and who are privy to a bit more information than the news/Twitter has let out would NOT respond to those kind of requests for additional info, especially regarding something like a street address.

I may have misconstrued the address question and perhaps that person was asking only about already public information. Still, though, I would certainly prefer to not make the address so accessible as to list it on a forum for people who are clearly interested in these kind of cases. I understand that you are trying to help and I'm sure many others here are also trying to help, and I'm grateful for that, but you also don't know who is lurking in these forums. Your family living in the neighborhood and learning certain things is very different from broadcasting those things to the internet.

I do feel quite relieved learning more about the forum's policies though, so thank you to those of you who have clarified.

BBM

Getalife21,
I appreciate and understand your concern. I would react the same if I didn't know the policies.

Also, when posters "hope for an insider" they mean a person verified by WS as an insider. Someone who would go through a verification process.

Praying for Sarah and her family, friends.

http://www.longislandadvance.net/articles/2014/06/12/Search-still-on-for-missing-woman

The missing woman, Sarah Goode, last spoke to her older sister, Elizabeth DeMuria, 36, through an unspecified text message on Thursday. DeMuria said she last reached out to Goode on Friday night with an “average” text message regarding her 4-year-old daughter, to which she received no response...

DeMuria, responding to reporters’ questions, at the press conference, confirmed for reporters Goode broke up with her boyfriend, who was also not named, about a week and a half before she went missing. Fitzharris said he could neither confirm nor deny the breakup and said, “that information we’re exploring and it is part of the active investigation.”

The police are not currently seeking a person of interest at this time. A police spokeswoman said Wednesday investigators would no longer be releasing any more information about the case until they find her.

As a friend of Sarah's family, I would hope that no one actually posts this information. Seriously, I don't really understand how that's even okay to ask on a random internet forum... the family is already being swamped with media, don't need any random person reading on the internet to know these kind of details.

Sorry to be so hostile about this. I understand that you all have a community here and that you are trying to help, but at the same time, reading this kind of request--and the many unfounded rumors and conjecture appearing throughout this thread--is very frustrating.

Welcome to WS and I am sorry for what you (and all Sarah's family and friends) are going through. Please reach out to one of the mods to get verified as an Insider---that would be a huge help.

OK sweetlings----good morning......I read over posts and articles and since my cawfee is kicking in, I have questions and thoughts...........IMO-Sarah left her friends house either alone or with someone. The last tweet is my focus (and thank you tjdegoed3----nice!!!!) stating that she was being followed---Sarah said "*****es" which to me would mean girls and she had mentioned stalker activity via her twitter as well. If she was alone when leaving her friends home, someone could have been hiding in her car and made her drive to the location where the car was found---I scratch that idea b/c presumeably there is a bulky car seat for her daughter and knowing how she felt about her car, it would not be left unlocked.

If she left with someone, that person may have lured her to the location where the car was found. There is an unknown amount of time at play between her last tweet and the car being found. Her family did not report her missing until a couple of days. Was this common for Sarah or had she indicated she would not be back for a day or so?

Was payday that Friday? Did she have alot of cash with her making her a robbery victim or made it easy to runaway? Did she owe someone money?

And lastly---could this be the work of jealous girlfriend or co-worker? She has an ex-bf, is he the father of her daughter?

She mentioned someone knew she lived on a dead end street and was following her..that says it all to me. Someone had some type of vendetta for whatever reason and I don't think Sarah is alive I'm so sorry to say. Just my opinion.

I think it was either associated with drugs, gossip, or a man or all of the above. Her twitter speaks for itself. Unfortunately Sarah seemed to be part of less than wholesome situations.

bakerlady------would I sound flippant if I said "Thank God she had a twitter account" ?
Funny tho--it was a recent account.

I am sure her friends know, exactly, who and what she is referring to on her twitter.
I agree, Bakerlady. Lots of gossip innuendo. Jealousy.

HUH??? Where did she hear this??

NG tweet:

"A mom goes missing. Her BMW reportedly found covered in blood. We need to #FindSarahGoode"

OMG Momoffour----------I had read IIRC from News12 or newspaper that blood was found in car.----damn-hopefully search dogs were used from car to area

LE denies there were signs of a struggle in Sarah's car. Not sure where the other reports are coming from, but the quote below refers to the LE department that has possession of her car.

Snipped from article, bbm:
The car has since been brought to the police impound yard in Westhampton. Though “apparent signs of struggle” in the car have been reported in other media outlets, the 6th Precinct denies that information.

http://www.longislandadvance.net/articles/2014/06/12/Search-still-on-for-missing-woman

I am sure her friends know, exactly, who and what she is referring to on her twitter.
I agree, Bakerlady. Lots of gossip innuendo. Jealousy.

ITA that her friends know about the creepin car on her dead end steet, someone following her, etc. In fact, I am quite sure they know a good amount of what was going on with this for Sarah over the past week or two. I also have gotten caught up in the friend's tweets and there is a lot of chatter about who is being questioned by LE, who should be left alone, etc. Point is...I think there is a wealth of information within the friends and that is probably why LE does not want to release any more info until they have someone. They are probably trying to question and sort through who knows what. My only fear, and Momoffourboys I think you will agree with me, I hope these friends do not clam up and not talk as in the Lauren Spierer.

Getalife, I understand your concern. Everyone here is just trying to help. I have lurked on WS for years and have seen many times people here offer info or have a theory that later turned out to be exactly the case. But theories can often hurt and no matter what the focus should be on finding Sarah.

Locally there is a lot of gossip about this case and I think LE know a lot more than they are saying. I just keep hoping Sarah comes home soon!

I received a response this morning to my information previously submitted to the Suffolk County Crime Stoppers. They thanked me for providing the information and I have now provided them with additional information that they asked for. I'm not going to go into specifics here since it is an ongoing and fluid case. Will post any other communications with law enforcement here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500