GUILTY OH - Melinda Davis Clark, 33, wanted to visit ex boyfriend, Shelby, 25 Feb 2021 *arrest*

Suspect in Richland County woman's kidnapping caught in Mansfield | wkyc.com

The Richland County Sheriff's Office on Thursday announced the arrest of John Henry Mack Jr, a suspect in the February kidnapping of Melinda Kay Davis.

Law enforcement says that Mack Jr. was located in the Mansfield area thanks to a combined effort between the Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force (NOVFTF), Richland County Sheriff’s Office, and the Mansfield Police Department.

The various agencies responded to the area of East 1st Street and South Adams Street and arrested the man without incident.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news...sages-from-woman-police-believe-was-kidnapped

A missing mother, a desperate family and a race against time to find 33-year-old Melinda Davis.

Police believe the last person Davis texted before arriving at Mack’s home was her friend Paula Littlefield. Littlefield said she was apprehensive about going to the house.

Littlefield said she missed Davis’ phone call Thursday morning, so she texted her back.

The text Littlefield received back is chilling.

“She said I’m almost to Johnny’s house, if you don’t hear from me in a few hours something may have gone wrong. I said oh my gosh, you’ve got me freaked out,” Littlefield said.

The two set up a plan for Davis to call Littlefield when she was done at the house, but Davis never called.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news...sages-from-woman-police-believe-was-kidnapped

A missing mother, a desperate family and a race against time to find 33-year-old Melinda Davis.

Police believe the last person Davis texted before arriving at Mack’s home was her friend Paula Littlefield. Littlefield said she was apprehensive about going to the house.

Littlefield said she missed Davis’ phone call Thursday morning, so she texted her back.

“She said I’m almost to Johnny’s house, if you don’t hear from me in a few hours something may have gone wrong. I said oh my gosh, you’ve got me freaked out,” Littlefield said.

The two set up a plan for Davis to call Littlefield when she was done at the house, but Davis never called.
Wow! Why would Melinda decide to go to John's house alone then?

OMG, Melinda became a grandmother again today (from the video). I pray she gets to meet that baby but this isn't looking good at all. :( MOO

John Mack Jr. arraigned on charge of kidnapping of Shelby woman

Mansfielder John H. Mack, Jr., was arraigned Friday in Mansfield Municipal Court on a charge of kidnapping in connection with the disappearance of Melinda Davis, his ex-girlfriend.

Blood, presumed to be Davis', was found in Mack's Cliffside Drive residence, according to court documents.

A $1 million cash and personal recognizance bond was set by Magistrate John McCollister of Mansfield Municipal Court.

John Mack Jr. arraigned on charge of kidnapping of Shelby woman

Both Davis and her car are still missing, Richland County Sheriff's Capt. Donald Zehner said Friday.

Davis, 33, was believed to have been headed to Mansfield to make contact with Mack on the morning she disappeared.

On her way to Mansfield she called a friend and said, "If you don't hear from me, call the police," according to court documents.

Also arrested Thursday night were his son, Jaybyn Mack, 18, of Cloverdale Drive, and Jabyn's wife, Alexandria Mack, 18, of Bellville. Both were arraigned Friday morning on a charge of obstructing official business, a felony of the third degree. Their cash and personal recognizance bonds were each set at $5,000.

McCollister imposed a no-contact order on Mack Jr. for the victim, the victim's family, and both Alexandria Mack and Jaybyn Mack. The magistrate also ordered electronic monitoring for all three Macks.

***more details at link

I know, why? IMO, a combination of: they don't trust their gut feeling, they want to see the good in the guy, they want to have a happy ending, they're sentimental about former lovers.
It's possible he told her no one else was allowed in the house. Hindsight is always 20/20 and she is the victim here, nothing she did deserves her being injured/possibly killed. Nothing!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back