GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the defense is going to call JW's mental illness. Narcissism and sociopathy are personality disorders, not mental illnesses. Maybe they can drop him on his head again and see if that fixes the lying. o_O

So from this, I assume G4's defense will be based upon Jake's mental health. Claiming Jake's confession is inadmissible based on JW's mental illness?

JMO, MOO
<modsnip - quoted post removed per poster request>

Whether he suffers from anything or not, he provided the state with evidence right? Guns, details, etc.

IMO- That has to count for some credible knowledge.

I agree with Tiff.

Mentally off or not doesn't sugar coat the truth of the matter. That being:

1.) Canepa said Jake corroborated the way BCI thought it happened that night.

2.) He led them to all that trove of evidence. We know a knife and guns but I think the security cameras were there also and I'm sure a few other items.

3.) Scheiderer could get on the stand and make it clear to the Jury that Jake's information is credible. The sequence of events match up and the guns were found to be used that night.

I was thinking about fingerprints but it is possible George didn't leave any if he used gloves for the crimes. Really no doubt they would have used gloves, first thing I bet they thought of was "let's make sure we don't leave any fingerprints."

Note the day the first call is on. The "huge surprise" that came that day.

I'm sure this is the reason for the call that day. So significant was that day that I'm not surprised she was on the phone.

It's possible because of the extraordinary circumstances Angela was allowed to make calls those first 6 days - 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th, but because Canepa made sure to get those phone calls on record before Judge Deering I wonder if she did sneak the calls.

One way to do it is if another inmate let her use their information. It would be hard to go up and call people using her own information, I'm pretty sure there is a block on her jail phone service as is done in some other jails.

... 2 Cents ...

IIRC, Judge Deering gave her an outstanding order, which was still in effect April 22, 2021. She was to have no contact with any of the them in any shape, form or manner. Period. She violated.

IIRC, Judge Deering gave her an outstanding order, which was still in effect April 22, 2021. She was to have no contact with any of the them in any shape, form or manner. Period. She violated.

I just don't see any way she was able to go 6 X's to the phones on 6 different days without being seen by officers and other inmates who would be happy to report her.

Plus I doubt her phone card works.

Perhaps it does so she can call her attorneys using it. In which case I still think just her being up at the phones was too risky, they watch her closer than most other inmates. They do George.

Chillicothe Gazette | ChillicotheGazette.com
Jona Ison
Published 7:34 pm ET Mar. 8, 2019

Construction woes have led to overtime, leaks at Ross County Jail

The Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections also has taken on housing Jesse Hanes and James Nelson who are facing aggravated murder charges for the 2016 shooting death of Ted Timmons. If they hadn't, the jail would be trying to manage four aggravated murder suspects — George Wagner IV who is among four accused of the Rhoden family murders in Pike County, and another man they anticipate charging for the three murders in Londonderry last month.

"That really helps ... You're very strict in dealing with those people," Lavender said, adding "they are checked more often and take more attention."

Last edited:
I wonder what the defense is going to call JW's mental illness. Narcissism and sociopathy are personality disorders, not mental illnesses. Maybe they can drop him on his head again and see if that fixes the lying. o_O

Well that made me laugh. Thank you for that.

11 pages of why they want Jake's medical records. Wow.

This is weird Nash (Jake's Counsel) says he thinks Jake will voluntarily give him his medical report and the prosecution cannot stop it.....wait what? The whole Motion is to try to get the judge to release his medical records. o_O

This is weird too. Nash says the way they know Jake is lying, get ready, is because he proclaimed innocence then later admitted his guilt, that's all.

I believe Jake would have been convicted and sent to death row had he gone to trial. Jake had absolutely no choice but to plead guilty, without pleading guilty there would be no plea deal, without the plea deal he goes to DR.

Point is, even though Jake does lie, this is the worst example I have ever seen.

Last edited:
About the GMC listed...it said Athens...Georgia? It then said it was impounded in Pike County.

Did it say Georgia? Maybe Athens, Ohio?
Athens Ohio is a small college town, Ohio University, east of Piketon, maybe north east by about 60 miles.
No it just said Athens, I'm not from the area so GA was the only Athens that came to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname