OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #34 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve seen family state bedroom door, but that’s just my opinion. I don’t think it was the front door because BJM never mentioned that and walked right on in the house not suspecting anything. I would tend to think if there was bullet holes or a bullet hole in the door, she would’ve stopped and said hmmm. But who knows. I’m often wrong and could be again.

Why would Chris’ be more decomposed than the rest? Was he dead hours before the others? If so, IMO that leads back to GR being involved.

Also, another article stated Chris most likely saw his killer approaching his home.

There was no forced entry from what we’ve been told.

That leads me to believe that Chris and all the victims knew their killer extremely well and trusted them.

IMO, Chris let his killer in. Chris then went to his bedroom, maybe to retrieve whatever this person stopped by for. Chris shut the bedroom door behind him when he went in the room and the killer snuck up outside the door waiting to hear Chris about to exit the bedroom, shooting him through the door. That would be how Chris was unable to get to his gun and defend himself. He literally never saw the first shot coming and trusted whoever pulled the trigger.

JMHO.
Was'nt his bedroom where a safe had to be reinforced before they moved the trailers to Waverly? And it seems with his body decomposed more than the others, that he died first and maybe a few hours before the others.

at leat we got something released. so CR1 got the most shot wounds etc. someone(s) had to have the most beef with him and family was calleteral. i still cant believe this happened but if hard drugs and or money is concerend i cant be surprised in todays world. and i dont know what to think of KR being killed with one shot into the eye. yikes as for the final autopsy reports, when woud that be released if ever?

I’ve seen family state bedroom door, but that’s just my opinion. I don’t think it was the front door because BJM never mentioned that and walked right on in the house not suspecting anything. I would tend to think if there was bullet holes or a bullet hole in the door, she would’ve stopped and said hmmm. But who knows. I’m often wrong and could be again.

Why would Chris’ be more decomposed than the rest? Was he dead hours before the others? If so, IMO that leads back to GR being involved.

Also, another article stated Chris most likely saw his killer approaching his home.

There was no forced entry from what we’ve been told.

That leads me to believe that Chris and all the victims knew their killer extremely well and trusted them.

IMO, Chris let his killer in. Chris then went to his bedroom, maybe to retrieve whatever this person stopped by for. Chris shut the bedroom door behind him when he went in the room and the killer snuck up outside the door waiting to hear Chris about to exit the bedroom, shooting him through the door. That would be how Chris was unable to get to his gun and defend himself. He literally never saw the first shot coming and trusted whoever pulled the trigger.

JMHO.

Remember, BJM had to unlock the door. She mentioned it in her interview with Cincinnati Enquirer. She knew the spare key was above the door.

Remember, they were thought to be in a state of high alert since the week before, when it was reported they were stopping cars in the road that came out there late at night. DR mentioned being afraid on SM, friends and co-workers said she was nervous. I don't think CR1 or DR left their doors unlocked that night.

KR's camper locked from the outside with a padlock, according to DS. But he kept a dog. Same with CR1 and Dr.

at leat we got something released. so CR1 got the most shot wounds etc. someone(s) had to have the most beef with him and family was calleteral. i still cant believe this happened but if hard drugs and or money is concerend i cant be surprised in todays world. and i dont know what to think of KR being killed with one shot into the eye. yikes as for the final autopsy reports, when woud that be released if ever?

Ohio Supreme Court ruled those can't be viewed by news media, or anyone besides LE, etc.

Betty, I, m quiet because it has taken so long to get to these reports. I'ts like hearing about the murders for the first time. I cried, I can't imagine how the families are feeling. I have to digest this for awhile. Justice for the Rhoden Fillet Manley families!

I agree with you on the sloppiness. It’s very sloppy. Right now the killer (s) has luck on their side and luck runs out. Pros would not have fired so many shots. Nor would they have locked doors or moved a body from a living room to a bedroom.

Pros do one thing-they arrive, they kill, they leave, usually never to be seen again. And they come prepared with a gun that will destroy a target with one shot. Not 9, 5, 4, or 3 shots. They’re don’t care about locking doors behind them or opening windows or moving bodies. Whoever did this was comfortable in those homes and did things like lock doors on purpose to delay the victims being found. JMO.

Whoever killed them may be a professional criminal, but a professional hit man they are not.

I still think they moved GR to the back room because they didn't want anyone who came to the door to see his body and raise the alarm. When they left CR1's, they still had 6 more people to kill in 3 different homes, so they didn't want to risk someone raising the alarm and putting a premature end to their killing spree. They needed enough time to finish their grisly job, get out of the area, get rid evidence, including weapons, and clean up.

JMO, pros would have done that as well.

Betty, I, m quiet because it has taken so long to get to these reports. I'ts like hearing about the murders for the first time. I cried, I can't imagine how the families are feeling. I have to digest this for awhile. Justice for the Rhoden Fillet Manley families!

I know, I feel the same way. Had a few tears. It brought a chill, just like when it first happened.

I can't imagine how hard this is for the family and friends. I hope they know they are all in our prayers and wish they didn't have to go through this. It gives me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I remember some of the family wanting to have a fundraiser for the Rhodens at Big Bear , because not only CR1 worked there, his kids, brothers, the kids friends, etc. I think a lot of the Pike Co community worked there. The idea was vetoed by Weddell for whatever reasons and the family was very upset by that decision
I read that somewhere early on and it upset to. Seems the Rhoden Family felt at home there.
Just gotta say.....From the beginning the Rhoden family connection with BBL has made me wonder. And, the connected RW makes me wonder as well.

Remember, they were thought to be in a state of high alert since the week before, when it was reported they were stopping cars in the road that came out there late at night. DR mentioned being afraid on SM, friends and co-workers said she was nervous. I don't think CR1 or DR left their doors unlocked that night.

Why were LE stopping cars on their road? searching for drugs?

I still think they moved GR to the back room because they didn't want anyone who came to the door to see his body and raise the alarm. When they left CR1's, they still had 6 more people to kill in 3 different homes, so they didn't want to risk someone raising the alarm and putting a premature end to their killing spree. They needed enough time to finish their grisly job, get out of the area, get rid evidence, including weapons, and clean up.

Do you think they moved GR to the back room, because they were laying in wait for more Rhodens to arrive?

Why were LE stopping cars on their road? searching for drugs?

No, it was CR1 and other members of the family stopping cars on Union Hill Rd late at night. There had been a group that came out UHR and started a fight with the Rhodens and IIRC the Manleys, too. Police were called. Leonard Manley made mention of it in one of his first interviews with the news media after the murders.

I remember some of the family wanting to have a fundraiser for the Rhodens at Big Bear , because not only CR1 worked there, his kids, brothers, the kids friends, etc. I think a lot of the Pike Co community worked there. The idea was vetoed by Weddell for whatever reasons and the family was very upset by that decision
I read that somewhere early on and it upset to. Seems the Rhoden Family felt at home there.
Some seem to still feel at home. TR still lives and works there according to Jeff Winklers arrticle a couple months ago.

Wouldn’t the blood and drag marks BJM described had alerted anyone who came in the door as well? If I walk into a room and see blood everywhere, I’m turning around and running. Body in sight or not.

Wouldn’t the blood and drag marks BJM described had alerted anyone who came in the door as well? If I walk into a room and see blood everywhere, I’m turning around and running. Body in sight or not.

One would think so, but maybe they were in a hurry. I think they had a tight timeline or schedule they were working with, maybe other people going to other homes. I still think they had a lookout, too, outside or on UHR. They were also probably worried the dogs would start barking and awaken FR.

I'm still amazed at how they were able to kill the others in their beds, with close contact shots to the head. These were experienced killers of people. JMO

Makes me shudder.

Remember, BJM had to unlock the door. She mentioned it in her interview with Cincinnati Enquirer. She knew the spare key was above the door.

KR's camper locked from the outside with a padlock, according to DS. But he kept a dog. Same with CR1 and Dr.

KR's door may have locked from the inside. That padlock was for when he was away because those doors can be pried open pretty easily.

JMO, but to me it seems that the murders might not have all taken place at the same time. I think we know that DR was at work on a double shift. HHG could have been stuck at home cause she didn't drive and had to be there so Chelsea Rob could drop off Brently. "Rumors" were around that FR may have been out helping a friend with a battery for car, truck? That little Chris could have been out with friends and getting into mischief. I don't remember what time Kendra said she left HR. In other words people could have died as they got home that night

First of all I have a beautiful plastic eye covering on my one eye and it's hard to see the screen. But Hey! I'm going to pretend I'm MrMagoo and just carry on! If I mess up on my posts then I will simply go;'Oops my error is due to my eye surgery' It's like a get out of jail free card!

The next thing I type is very painful for me to put forth. So I'm going to cut to chase. I spent a lot of time going down the rabbit hole believing that 'JW' was the last known person to be in FR and HHG home. But based on what I now show 'according to my 'timeline' it now reads as CR being the last know person to see HHG alive. The reason for the uncertainty is there are some indications that FR possibly was away from the UHR area for a short while that evening. So it's possible FR had not returned home pior to CR's departure at 10:30 pm. This is strickly based on my timeline based on major news media 'no accusations' . TOS Rules are very strick on this point.

I'd like to see more about how they got into the other homes, particularly Frankie's. In their report, is quoted as saying it looked like the others were shot in their sleep. There had to be some kind of B & E at those locations, or victims would not have been asleep

Amauet1 this partial release of the autopsy has been painful for everyone who has been following this tragedy. But for a local like yourself I cannot imagine the suffering you and your neighbors have endured.

A family even a community that goes through a tragedy the magnitude of the slaying of 8 family members must survive the butal shock by going into a mental survival mode. Otherwise how else could anyone ever work or be able to cope enough to go on living?

cried, I can't imagine how the families are feeling. I have to digest this for awhile. Justice for the Rhoden Fillet Manley families!

My Opinion Only

Last edited:
WCPO

Pike County massacre: Rhoden family members shot in head at point-blank range, report shows

Trying to figure out what is meant by the tilt of CR1's head indicating he was shot through the door?

As we knew from info about different types of shells (from Gary's father) at his death scene, there was likely more than one shooter at CR1's. Probably the same for other locations. It's not like a bigger weapon would be needed to kill GR, but that particular killer felt the need to carry a larger weapon. Were these handguns they hid on their persons or were they hiding in the shadows with bigger weapons. JMO, the latter is possible because don't you need a larger weapon if you're using night vision or laser scopes? I'm not an expert on guns so maybe someone else can weigh in.

This is nightmare fuel, again. I hope families aren't reading these details for the first time and I hate they have to relive it. IIRC, Pike County Coroner, in his deposition, said he didn't give the family copies of the preliminary AR, but only described certain details. It's possible some family members requested to read them later.

Article says Frankie and Gary both had "contact wounds", meaning someone put the gun to their heads. Were they surprised in their sleep? We know FR was laying in bed with HG and the baby. If he was asleep when shot, it would take some serious ninja skills and training to sneak into his locked trailer, past his son in the living room and into his bedroom to shoot him in his sleep. They would have to do that because FR probably slept with a gun at bedside.

Who did these murders? JMO, these weren't some locals whose experience came from hunting or target practice out in the field.

The families already knew all of this. Some of them are posting on Facebook and are upset that this was released. But two of them said they already knew these facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay