OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I can tell, it was a different Bobby Jamison. The Bobby Jamison listed on the doc. is married (or was) to a Jeanette Jamison. I can find very little on Jeanette Jamison.

As far as I can tell, it was a different Bobby Jamison. The Bobby Jamison listed on the doc. is married (or was) to a Jeanette Jamison. I can find very little on Jeanette Jamison.

Okay thanks. I knew you posted up thread but wasn't sure that was confirmed. Thanks. Still trying to understand the finances here and where this money was coming from and going to.
A:waitasec: for sure.

Oriah, here's the pic you asked for. Pardon its sloppiness. I am using a very old paint program. I labeled everything I have in question about the photo.

1. Dark area with unnatural lines that don't look like they were created by nature.
2. Top of Madyson's head blurred. That's not her hair sticking up, and upon enlargement doesn't look like leaves either. Possibly points to photoshopping.
3. An almost straight black line that looks very out of place. Could be a vine, but photo lacks enough clarity for me to be able to tell.
4. Something new I spotted today. I see the number 450. Might just be a pattern made by lichens.
5. The initials on the rock. Again could be made by lichens. Looks to me like 3 initials that are run on, where the first initial becomes part of the second, and the second initial becomes part of the third.
6. Dark shadow on Madyson's right side made by Madyson's arm and elbow.
7. Shadow underneath her left arm.
8. Probably a vine although it lacks any leaves which I find odd. If this is the main stem of a vine it should have smaller side stems branching off of it or at least I would think so.

Hi. I've been following along for awhile and since I'm a photographer I thought I might have something to add about this photo. Rather than commenting on specifics about this particular photo I'll just explain some things that apply to all digital images and let everyone decide on their own if they feel it's applicable to this photo.

Ok, so when you are working with .jpeg images that are low resolution and you try to zoom in or upsize you aren't going to see anything in any better detail like you might with film. What happens is that the pixels are spread out across the image. Each pixel is tiny and there are gaps between them, the lower the resolution - the more gaps there are, and the bigger those gaps will be. A cell phone has very very low resolution. The best cell phone cameras out as of now are only about 5 mp. And that is still very low. The digital file, the .jpeg that contains the image doesn't know what really should be in those gaps, so it guesses. It's capable of "interpolating" between two pixels. That is, if there is a mostly-red pixel right next to a slightly-less-red pixel, it will put a new pixel between the two that's somewhere in between the two shades of red. The lower the resolution the more guesses there are. So basically if you have a small white spot, and you zoom in to that spot or you try to resize the entire photo, all your going to get is a bigger white spot, not a better view of the small white spot. In fact, your going to get more distortion and see more "artifact" when zooming in close to a low resolution photo. In other words, you'll see the filled in spots, the guesses, rather than what was actually there.

When you email/upload a .jpeg, regardless of resolution, you will have compression and when it's opened back up, it doesn't know where to put everything back properly, so it drops what it can't place....and fills it back in by the process explained above. This is why photographers usually shoot in RAW format rather than in .jpeg format. That is an option that wouldn't be available on a cell phone and likely not even on most "point and shoot" digital cameras.

One other thing I'd thought I'd mention is that every digital image from any digital camera or cell phone camera will have embedded within the digital file metadata that holds information about the image. The amount of information will vary depending upon the equipment used but the possibilities would include the date and time the photo was taken, information about the camera settings that were used when the image was made and it will also usually indicate the chronological number of the photo in relation to the other images made by that camera. The metadata MAY (depending on the camera/cell phone that was used) also include the gps location for that photograph and possibly information about any edits made to the photo and what editing software was used to make them.
You don't need the actual camera or cell phone to read the metadata of the photo, you only need the original .jpeg file. In this case, the person that uploaded them onto a computer for the first time will have the original, and that file should contain any metadata that is available. I don't know what sort of metadata is typically embedded in a cell phone photo, but there is metadata of some degree.
I don't know if any of this will be of any assistance in the assessment of this photo but I'd rather give the information and let you guys decide what to do with it.

I"m seriously impressed with the dedication and skill of all of you that have been working so hard on this. Heroes absolute heroes, every single one of you.

Sorry for the long first post, I struggle with brevity. A lot.
Thanks for all you guys do-
Keri

:Welcome-12-june:

Welcome to WebSleuths and All Things MissingJamisons, SeeingForThe1stTime!

Hi. I've been following along for awhile and since I'm a photographer I thought I might have something to add about this photo. Rather than commenting on specifics about this particular photo I'll just explain some things that apply to all digital images and let everyone decide on their own if they feel it's applicable to this photo.

Ok, so when you are working with .jpeg images that are low resolution and you try to zoom in or upsize you aren't going to see anything in any better detail like you might with film. What happens is that the pixels are spread out across the image. Each pixel is tiny and there are gaps between them, the lower the resolution - the more gaps there are, and the bigger those gaps will be. A cell phone has very very low resolution. The best cell phone cameras out as of now are only about 5 mp. And that is still very low. The digital file, the .jpeg that contains the image doesn't know what really should be in those gaps, so it guesses. It's capable of "interpolating" between two pixels. That is, if there is a mostly-red pixel right next to a slightly-less-red pixel, it will put a new pixel between the two that's somewhere in between the two shades of red. The lower the resolution the more guesses there are. So basically if you have a small white spot, and you zoom in to that spot or you try to resize the entire photo, all your going to get is a bigger white spot, not a better view of the small white spot. In fact, your going to get more distortion and see more "artifact" when zooming in close to a low resolution photo. In other words, you'll see the filled in spots, the guesses, rather than what was actually there.

When you email/upload a .jpeg, regardless of resolution, you will have compression and when it's opened back up, it doesn't know where to put everything back properly, so it drops what it can't place....and fills it back in by the process explained above. This is why photographers usually shoot in RAW format rather than in .jpeg format. That is an option that wouldn't be available on a cell phone and likely not even on most "point and shoot" digital cameras.

One other thing I'd thought I'd mention is that every digital image from any digital camera or cell phone camera will have embedded within the digital file metadata that holds information about the image. The amount of information will vary depending upon the equipment used but the possibilities would include the date and time the photo was taken, information about the camera settings that were used when the image was made and it will also usually indicate the chronological number of the photo in relation to the other images made by that camera. The metadata MAY (depending on the camera/cell phone that was used) also include the gps location for that photograph and possibly information about any edits made to the photo and what editing software was used to make them.
You don't need the actual camera or cell phone to read the metadata of the photo, you only need the original .jpeg file. In this case, the person that uploaded them onto a computer for the first time will have the original, and that file should contain any metadata that is available. I don't know what sort of metadata is typically embedded in a cell phone photo, but there is metadata of some degree.
I don't know if any of this will be of any assistance in the assessment of this photo but I'd rather give the information and let you guys decide what to do with it.

I"m seriously impressed with the dedication and skill of all of you that have been working so hard on this. Heroes absolute heroes, every single one of you.

Sorry for the long first post, I struggle with brevity. A lot.
Thanks for all you guys do-
Keri

Welcome and THANK YOU for your very well informed 1st post. The data was taken off of one phone and metadata was taken off of it before it was 'lost.'
However, your post also helps support my still unanswered question as to who supplied Madysons info to NCMEC.

Verification of that fact would aid me tremendously.

Please stick with us here! You're wonderful!
Also, I did send the photo to a forensic analyst just to end all of the discussion of demons and whatnot, lol.
Thanks.
Oriah

It's YOUR Wake Up! Morning! Oklahoma Snafu o' the Day!
Doctor declines Oklahoma's chief medical examiner job
Dr. Andrew Sibley declined an offer to be Oklahoma's chief medical examiner, accusing the agency's board of making poor choices.
---
Andrew Sibley, 48, said Thursday he did not feel he had the wholehearted support of the board members that oversee the state agency. The job would have paid $235,000 a year.

“I think their choosing me was as an afterthought out of desperation. It wasn't a true sign of support,” Sibley said.
---
The medical examiner's office is responsible for investigating sudden, violent, unexpected and suspicious deaths. Much of the work there involves autopsies that are crucial to murder cases and important to families wanting to know why loved ones died.

The office has been in turmoil for years because of a series of issues.
---
Female co-workers in Arizona and Tulsa have complained [Sibley] made sexual or demeaning comments that made them feel uncomfortable, records show.
---
and more of this sordid tale o' woe here

It's YOUR Wake Up! Morning! Oklahoma Snafu o' the Day!
Doctor declines Oklahoma's chief medical examiner job
Dr. Andrew Sibley declined an offer to be Oklahoma's chief medical examiner, accusing the agency's board of making poor choices.
---
Andrew Sibley, 48, said Thursday he did not feel he had the wholehearted support of the board members that oversee the state agency. The job would have paid $235,000 a year.

“I think their choosing me was as an afterthought out of desperation. It wasn't a true sign of support,” Sibley said.
---
The medical examiner's office is responsible for investigating sudden, violent, unexpected and suspicious deaths. Much of the work there involves autopsies that are crucial to murder cases and important to families wanting to know why loved ones died.

The office has been in turmoil for years because of a series of issues.
---
Female co-workers in Arizona and Tulsa have complained [Sibley] made sexual or demeaning comments that made them feel uncomfortable, records show.
---
and more of this sordid tale o' woe here

And a goodie it is wfgodot.
Good morning, Oklahoma!
Today is the day we are going to uncover ......something......that makes.....somewhat sense......about this case. I feel it in my bones!

Ok- so one question answered I think- I do believe the check stub was the SS payout.

Now can we take a close look at the Sheriff and his deputies today? That's my current interest for the morning.

Question #1: Does anyone know if ViCap was called (BU 2 or 3) in October of 2009 re: the Jamisons?

Question #2: Does anyone else besides myself have electronic access to military records? (FYI- you do if you are active duty, a veteran or the spouse/next of kin of a vet, living or dead. I would like to address the issue of Sheriff Beauchamps Special Forces 'history'.
This is where you can search for these: http://www.archives.gov/research/order/vets-records.html#order1

Any takers?

I would also like to address the rumor of the Sheriff possibly being employed by a DoD contractor in Iraq. I would like to know what contractor he was/is rumored to have been employed by, whether or not he has a DoD security clearance and if so, of what type. Here's a starting place for anyone interested in doing a little research today:
http://www.defense.gov/advisories/advisory.aspx?advisoryid=597

I would also like to address the issue of the search. Are there any Websleuthers willing to support a ground search for the Jamisons- locals or otherwise? I'm not asking for professionals- we've got that covered. I'm asking for volunteers to, say, sit in the CC and make coffee, or run into town to purchase something if asked by a professional SAR member. I do not want untrained personnel in any of the grid areas; however, coffee-makers and the like are always appreciated. ;)

ETA: hitting the thanks button on this will be a confirmed yes. Thanks. (little and wfgodot, you are exempt from this ETA since you thanked before I ETA'd. :) )

I would also like to address the issue of the search. Are there any Websleuthers willing to support a ground search for the Jamisons- locals or otherwise? I'm not asking for professionals- we've got that covered. I'm asking for volunteers to, say, sit in the CC and make coffee, or run into town to purchase something if asked by a professional SAR member. I do not want untrained personnel in any of the grid areas; however, coffee-makers and the like are always appreciated. ;)

Will you accept FedEx coffee...lol?

I have been looking for more about the sheriff and his duties oversea's. I will keep trying. I did find the military school he attended, but will have to go dig it up again.

Will you accept FedEx coffee...lol?

I have been looking for more about the sheriff and his duties oversea's. I will keep trying. I did find the military school he attended, but will have to go dig it up again.

FedEx coffee happily accepted. :)
Please post what you find regarding his school and anything else that comes out of that. Thank you. I would like to compare it to what my search has come up with.

Well good morning all!

I can help with a couple questions, but not all.

1-Bobby was previously married, but it did not last long. It was a high school sweet heart thing. And many years ago. What year was the bankruptsy?

2-The guy on the mountain never spoke to the Jamisons on the phone. He gave them another ladys phone number incase they had questions about the property. The property is not for sale by Nickel Jones, and yes she does help people locate parcels of land (so they don't get lost, and answer questions they might have). She is not a realtor, just a local helping out. The guy had his concrete poured before the Jamisons went missing. His container had not yet been placed on the slab, but it was poured.

3-Phone records. I have both the cell and the home phone records (Starlet and I went through hell trying to get them, but we finally managed. The last call was to the lady on the mountain. She gave him the GPS coordinates for the property. She offered to meet them, but since they made it up there the day before, they did not feel that they needed her to meet with them. There were also like 4 curious voice mail calls on the cell phone records. I am VERY interested in them! And the home phone records were fairly useless because they only show the long distance calls. IIRC the last calls were to sylvan learning institute (they spoke for quite a while) when we spoke to the person at Sylvan she remebered the conversation. They were interested in home schooling for Madyson. They had also called a place out in CA that sells home schooling material. I will have to check to see if there were any others.

4-The church friends were actually the ones originally interested in buying property over by red oak (they have family over there). The Jamisons had been out with them before looking at property and then the Jamisons decided that they liked the area and they wanted to buy property as well. They were all supposed to go out and look at some property on Monday (but NOT the piece that they went missing from...I will explain how I know that in a minute) but the weather was bad so they had to reschedule. Then something came up and they were not able to go with the Jamisons. So I know that the property owner of the mountain property was not contacted until 10pm monday night (by email) SNIP-
"Please give me a call if this is still available or e-mail information what is the exact location what are the building restrictions, more exact description of property, and more information on owner financing also do you have any more land that is mountain range in this area for sale thank you"

They spoke on the phone (I will have to check the date if you are interested) and she emailed him a couple of maps and directions. They had also been in contact with another guy who was selling land, his name was Scott Honeycutt. I am thinking that they were originally going to look at his land on that Monday that was cancelled. When I spoke with Scott he could not recall talking to Bobby or Sherilynn, and stated that he emails a lot of people with information on property. His property that I believe they were going to look at is just north west of Robbers Cave State Park. Sherilynn had some notes written down about the property. I went out there with the Sheriff and there is another well site on that property as well, but that one was active. Side note...We passed a abandoned meth lab on the way out there.

I hope this helps.

He went to CLEET training in 2009.

2009 Sheriff's Academy

The Oklahoma Sheriffs' Association has recently completed it's 2009 Sheriff's Academy. The academy consisted of 80 hours of training in areas such as ethics, mental health, budgeting, purchasing, civil process, sheriffs sales, jail administration, highway safety, civil liability, risk management and medical liability. Each of the newly elected Sheriffs are required to attend the academy within the first year of taking office. This year we had 21 Sheriffs and 12 Undersheriffs from across the state that completed the CLEET certified training.

Those completing the training are Sheriff Joel Kerns ( Pittsburg County), Sheriff Scott Walton (Rogers County), Sheriff Joe Lester (Cleveland County), Sheriff Rick Caddell (Texas County), Sheriff Bob Colbert (Wagoner County), Sheriff Bruce Peoples (Custer County), Sheriff Brian Hale (Haskell County), Sheriff Art Kell (Grady County), Sheriff Gary Stanley (Woodward County), Sheriff Russ Tate (Kiowa County), Sheriff Rick Silver (Washington County), Sheriff R.B. Hauf (Payne County), Sheriff Israel Beauchamp (Latimer County), Sheriff John Christian (Pontotoc County), Sheriff Paul Coffey (Lincoln County), Sheriff James Young (Adair County), Sheriff Michael Booth (Pottawatomie County), Sheriff Wayne McKinney (Stephens County), Sheriff Jim Bauman (Logan County), Sheriff Devin Huckabay (Greer County), Sheriff Ron Lockhart (Sequoyah County), Sheriff Randall Edwards (Canadian County), Undersheriff Rhett Burnett (Cleveland County), Undersheriff Matthew Boley (Texas County), Undersheriff Michael King (Noble County), Undersheriff Jesse Naputi (Seminole County), Undersheriff Jim Weir (Grady County), Undersheriff Mike Strain (Kiowa County), Undersheriff Lennis Miller (Caddo County), Undersheriff Michael Hedrick (Beaver County), Undersheriff Jimmy Gallagher (Jefferson County), Undersheriff Roy Linkswiler (McCurtain County), Undersheriff Dave Balleweg (Pottawatomie County), Undersheriff Michael Sticklemeyer (Wagoner County).

http://www.sequoyahcountysheriff.org/news_archive.html

Well good morning all!

I can help with a couple questions, but not all.

1-Bobby was previously married, but it did not last long. It was a high school sweet heart thing. And many years ago. What year was the bankruptsy?

2-The guy on the mountain never spoke to the Jamisons on the phone. He gave them another ladys phone number incase they had questions about the property. The property is not for sale by Nickel Jones, and yes she does help people locate parcels of land (so they don't get lost, and answer questions they might have). She is not a realtor, just a local helping out. The guy had his concrete poured before the Jamisons went missing. His container had not yet been placed on the slab, but it was poured.

3-Phone records. I have both the cell and the home phone records (Starlet and I went through hell trying to get them, but we finally managed. The last call was to the lady on the mountain. She gave him the GPS coordinates for the property. She offered to meet them, but since they made it up there the day before, they did not feel that they needed her to meet with them. There were also like 4 curious voice mail calls on the cell phone records. I am VERY interested in them! And the home phone records were fairly useless because they only show the long distance calls. IIRC the last calls were to sylvan learning institute (they spoke for quite a while) when we spoke to the person at Sylvan she remebered the conversation. They were interested in home schooling for Madyson. They had also called a place out in CA that sells home schooling material. I will have to check to see if there were any others.

4-The church friends were actually the ones originally interested in buying property over by red oak (they have family over there). The Jamisons had been out with them before looking at property and then the Jamisons decided that they liked the area and they wanted to buy property as well. They were all supposed to go out and look at some property on Monday (but NOT the piece that they went missing from...I will explain how I know that in a minute) but the weather was bad so they had to reschedule. Then something came up and they were not able to go with the Jamisons. So I know that the property owner of the mountain property was not contacted until 10pm monday night (by email) SNIP-
"Please give me a call if this is still available or e-mail information what is the exact location what are the building restrictions, more exact description of property, and more information on owner financing also do you have any more land that is mountain range in this area for sale thank you"

They spoke on the phone (I will have to check the date if you are interested) and she emailed him a couple of maps and directions. They had also been in contact with another guy who was selling land, his name was Scott Honeycutt. I am thinking that they were originally going to look at his land on that Monday that was cancelled. When I spoke with Scott he could not recall talking to Bobby or Sherilynn, and stated that he emails a lot of people with information on property. His property that I believe they were going to look at is just north west of Robbers Cave State Park. Sherilynn had some notes written down about the property. I went out there with the Sheriff and there is another well site on that property as well, but that one was active. Side note...We passed a abandoned meth lab on the way out there.

I hope this helps.

Hi mtrooper and thank you, I didn't feel like typing all that out, lol.

The BBM: I've been rolling those numbers through every source I can think of since we discussed them, and still not figuring it out. But wanted to let you know I was still working on it. Let me know if you have gotten any farther than I have.

Interesting discussion on the was he over seas topic. Both the Sheriff and his wife comment.

http://www.mccooler.net/cgi-bin/blog

I think we had this site posted somewhere much earlier on a thread way back when.

I note that it appears both the sheriff and his wife comment, however- I couldn't seem to clarify that posters on that site are actually who they say they are? Do you know where I can verify that? TIA

I am not sure that the link in the second article is him. I was searching further and there appears to be another Isreal Beauchamp in Georgia. But he was 46, it is a pay per article unless someone else can find it on nexis..

Atlanta Journal-Constitution, The : GEORGIA'S GUARD: THE...‎
Pay-Per-View - Atlanta Journal-Constitution - May 15, 2005

Staff Sgt. Israel Beauchamp, 47, a cable TV technician from Savannah, could have retired. Spc. Frankie Smith, 24, of Savannah had the option of staying in ...

http://www.google.com/search?q=isra...nws:1,cdr:1,cd_min:10/1/1995,cd_max:10/5/2009

I would also like to address the rumor of the Sheriff possibly being employed by a DoD contractor in Iraq. I would like to know what contractor he was/is rumored to have been employed by, whether or not he has a DoD security clearance and if so, of what type. Here's a starting place for anyone interested in doing a little research today:
http://www.defense.gov/advisories/advisory.aspx?advisoryid=597

My husband is presently a DoD contractor working in Afghanistan and was in Iraqi with a different contractor before that going back almost 4 years now, also, my brother who is home now was previously a Sr. Level HR management in Iraq for one of the largest and most well known contractors from approximately 2004-2010. I have some HR contacts with that company, and a few with the company that my husband is now working for now. Do you have any idea of the time frame it might have been within? I can probably answer a lot of questions for you about the DoD contractors and the security clearance process they conduct on the employees if you will pm me your questions because it's a very sensitive issue and the companies maintain a high level of confidentiality about the whole process so I can explain more off of the public forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge