OR OR - Alissa McCrann, 37, Tigard, 19 Dec 2015

Nistka, I have never been to Portland but it appears there are a lot of bodies of water nearby. Where did her cell phone ping last?

-> last ping in Tigard.

I also thought of water ...

Nistka, is there are larger body of water near where her phone pinged? Could she have driven in by mistake? Since you were already searching parking lots and trails, this would be my next line of search, sad as it sounds.

Is not a location she frequents*

I haven't used ws in awhile, how do I edit posts now?

Also we saw no sign of her car anywhere and she has a distinctive sticker on the back of it.

bbm

Under your post should be a 'Edit Post' button.

ucXBYFa.png

http://imgur.com/ucXBYFa

I'm really concerned for her!

Alissa McCrann has been missing since Saturday 12/19/2015. She was last seen in the morning of 12/19 and her last known communication was a Facebook post made 12/19 around 10 AM. All calls to Alissa's phone have gone straight to voicemail. Alissa always has her phone on her and it is extremely out of character for her to go so long without contacting family or friends.
Alissa usually meets with friends Sundays for a run and she did not meet them as planned. She also did not show up for work Monday 12/21 at Sunshine Dairy.
Her phone was last traced to Cascade Ave near Tigard sometime after 10AM Saturday 12/19.
Alissa is Korean, approximately 5'3" and 140lbs. She has straight black shoulder length hair. We are not sure what she was wearing, but she may be wearing black tights with a top. She is most likely wearing boots or running shoes.
Alissa is a member of the Team Fusion Dragon Boat racing team and is known to go for runs and hikes in the Portland area.
Alissa drives a Black Mazda CX-7 Oregon License Plate 636 GTS There is a white Portland Timbers axe in the center of her rear window.

I'm going to try to attach a picture of the decal on her car..12391313_429767827228195_5917921988662562138_n.jpg

I live in the area in Oregon and I wanted to mention that where Alissa's phone was last pinged is right by Washington Square shopping mall and there are other stores in the area. Including Fisherman's Marine and Outdoors on Cascade. Given that it's the holidays it's plausible she was in that area to shop for presents. There are stores there that aren't located elsewhere in the Portland Metro area like Lush. I mentioned the Fisherman's store because she is a member of a dragon boat crew so she is familiar with boating. I know people have been searching the area around there but more can help with that.

Not likely her car ended up in water between SE Portland and Tigard. It's a metro area with a decent population and not easy to end up off the road and in a river or creek right around there. Highly likely if it did happen people would have seen it.

Adding that I just saw on Facebook she was messaging a friend about Star Wars up to 11:22 am on Saturday.

I hope they find her soon.

So they found her car at Multnomah Falls? That's an hour from where she was last seen... Interesting. I really hope she's okay!

Very concerning that Alissa's car was found at multnomah falls. The falls are about 40 (give or take a few miles) miles from Tigard (where it's been stated her last phone ping was).
Sounds like she may have gone hiking on the trails up at multnomah falls- which is also concerning b/c of all of the rain that we've gotten in the past 3 weeks. I imagine the falls & trails to be a wet, muddy, slick mess. I don't know if the actual multnomah falls trails past the first initial bridge are open...? There's a bridge at the base of the falls & then the trail continues up to the very top. In the past the upper trails have been closed to hikers due to slides, etc. I'm hopeful if she did decide to hike there, that she's on a main trail & that searchers are able to find her... SAFE & SOUND!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f0fed5ddf69898625de9070d3f070dac.jpg
m
A stock photo of the falls, with the bridge you see being the one I referred to in my above post.

Multnomah Falls is breathtakingly beautiful & a big tourist (& local) attraction. I've been there countless times- in all seasons. However, I can't recall ever hiking there in the month of December. There is a nice restaurant there too- could Alissa have been meeting someone for brunch or lunch?

-> last ping in Tigard.

I also thought of water ...

Nistka, is there are larger body of water near where her phone pinged? Could she have driven in by mistake? Since you were already searching parking lots and trails, this would be my next line of search, sad as it sounds.

The Columbia River is very very very close by where Alissa's car was found (multnomah falls). However, I'm unsure if her car was found in the actual parking lot of Multnomah Falls, off I-84, or if it was found up above on the scenic highway? Has anyone read any details regarding where her car was found (beyond the general "multnomah falls" location)?

Are there cameras in the parking lot? We don't really know if she drove her car there or someone else dumped it there. I'm sure LE are taking a close look at the inside of the car.

f0fed5ddf69898625de9070d3f070dac.jpg
m
A stock photo of the falls, with the bridge you see being the one I referred to in my above post.

Multnomah Falls is breathtakingly beautiful & a big tourist (& local) attraction. I've been there countless times- in all seasons. However, I can't recall ever hiking there in the month of December. There is a nice restaurant there too- could Alissa have been meeting someone for brunch or lunch?

When I've wandered around in December there were signs up everywhere saying trails were closed. It was basically get out of your car, take a picture, drive to the next one.

There is a paved trail up to the top of the falls. It is long and steep with switchbacks but people do it year-round. You can also connect over to another trail called Wahkeena Falls, which is further to the east, and probably a whole bunch more that avid hikers would know about. One time I was on the Wahkeena trail with a friend and got off onto a forest service road. We didn't notice for awhile but luckily we found our way back. The trails are well-maintained but the signs can be confusing sometimes.

And someone said she always had her phone with her, so I wonder if it would be odd for her to go that far out of town without charging it.

I find it odd that her car has been located in a park area like this....so far from where she would normally go and without contacting family members or leaving a note. Surely she would have left a voice mail for someone if she was going hiking in an out-of-the-way location.
I am hoping for surveillance cameras. They are everywhere these days. Wouldn't this area have some in place?

Regarding cameras, I found this article from last year about break-ins in the parking lot there. Sounds like they didn't have them then and weren't jumping to put them in.

It looks like ODOT (transportation dept) has a camera there but it's down right now so I can't tell whether it might be helpful.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back