OR OR - Alissa McCrann, 37, Tigard, 19 Dec 2015

http://www.kptv.com/story/30820041/possible-sighting-of-missing-woman-on-columbia-gorge-hiking-trail

This article states that she may have been seen in only running clothes, approx. 12 miles from multnomah falls.

12 miles from the falls? The main trail, Franklin Ridge Loop is only 12 miles total. This sounds like she may have been seen on a side trail that branched off. I find it interesting that the dogs haven't picked up a scent. Yeah, I know it is raining and I have no experience with SAR dogs, but I've watched a hunting dog track a wounded deer in the rain and on wet ground a many a time. (Granted that is fresh scent compared to this.) But SAR dog owners have told me that the rain does not degrade the scent as much as one would imagine. One SAR dog owner I met with a Belgian Shepherd/German Shepherd mix said her dog found a missing Alzheimer's sufferer after 3 days that the bloodhounds couldn't find. HOWEVER, even the bloodhounds found a scent, but because the victim kept walking in circles and crossing their own trail the dogs couldn't follow the exact trail.

I'm really hoping they find her today. I'm near Portland so this hits home. Maybe I'm not too familiar with what trail they are talking about her hiking but the main one to go up on the bridge has been closed in the past for much less crazy weather than we've had lately. Was she on a different one? Was she ever there at all?

The phone pinging from near an hour away is very odd to me.

If you look up (on FB) Tim Gordon (KGW- TV), he has a news video of himself in front of the roaring falls this morning- gives those who haven't been there a great idea of how wet, slick & just rainy the falls are today.

(Apologies for not directly linking- I'm on my phone & am not sure how to link a FB page).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So her phone last pinged on Cascade Ave. If she did go shopping at Washington Square I'm hoping LE is looking for any video of her. Maybe she met someone there? If she is on a dating site, maybe it was someone she met through the site?

It would seem odd for her phone to last ping in Tigard,then nothing for the hour drive to Multnomah.

The reporter is approaching Horsetail falls....just to give perspective I guess.

The reporter is approaching Horsetail falls....just to give perspective I guess.

Off the Franklin Loop. That leaves a LOT of trails to search by humans since the dogs are not picking up a scent. If you add in hypothermia, someone can act irrationally and wander off a trail. I wish the dogs would find something.

I wonder if there was any note left in her car of what time she arrived at the trail?
Many times, hikers will do this, if there isn't a note book to sign in to.

What seems to be working against her, is not telling anyone where she went, (time is of essence) and if it is true that she was seen on Saturday only in running attire, then she wasn't properly dressed to be out in the elements for long. These 2 things could have greatly hurt her chances of survival, unfortunately.

I hope they find her, if she is there.
Yes, she needs a Christmas miracle!
IMOO.

So her phone last pinged on Cascade Ave. If she did go shopping at Washington Square I'm hoping LE is looking for any video of her. Maybe she met someone there? If she is on a dating site, maybe it was someone she met through the site?

It would seem odd for her phone to last ping in Tigard,then nothing for the hour drive to Multnomah.

This is strange to me too. We haven't heard about this Cascade ping from the police or any news reports. I went back to the original post about it and it said it came from her family, so I don't want to discount it. It's a long drive from her house and in the opposite direction from the falls. Not to mention that if the last ping was there and that's when the phone died, it seems weird that she would go all the way out to the falls (at least an hour drive from Tigard) and go on a long hike without charging it, if she is a person who is pretty attached to her phone.

Also, does anybody else think 12 miles is pretty long for a spontaneous hike, after already going for a run in the morning, and when the trails would probably be really muddy? Obviously she is an outdoor person, and likely in great shape, but 12 miles is a long way on a steep, muddy trail.

I am sorry I am just getting back on here. Something isn't right.

There was a possible sighting on the Franklin Ridge loop, but that is 12 mi from where her car was found. She is an avid runner and hiker, and she would never go on such a long trek in the winter wearing only running gear. She would also have charged her phone, and informed someone of her plans. For her phone not to have pinged again after Tigard is very unsettling to me, as she checks her phone incessantly and checks in on fb to most places she goes. She also loves to take pictures.

Please send as many positive thoughts as possible. Last night was freezing and pouring down rain.

There was a possible sighting on the Franklin Ridge loop, but that is 12 mi from where her car was found. She is an avid runner and hiker, and she would never go on such a long trek in the winter wearing only running gear. She would also have charged her phone, and informed someone of her plans. For her phone not to have pinged again after Tigard is very unsettling to me, as she checks her phone incessantly and checks in on fb to most places she goes. She also loves to take pictures.

Please send as many positive thoughts as possible. Last night was freezing and pouring down rain.

Nistka, Thanks for checking back in the midst of this stressful time. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I doubt she is on that trail for the reasons you mention. I will happily eat crow if she is there and is OK. I expect that LE is checking cameras where her phone last pinged.

I asked some questions about people in her life in another post. You can't answer them here because you aren't a verified insider, but I posted them for you and her other friends and family to think about.

Hugs to you all!

Nistka-
I'd read that Alissa lives with her parents and her 13 year old son.

Was she dating?
If not dating one specific person, was she dating around? (As in, meeting & going out with people, getting to know them, nothing serious yet...)?

I'm concerned that the sighting might not be a reliable one- just in that it contradicts everything Alissa's friends have said about her personality (not being dressed for the weather, not informing anyone that she would be hiking, not having her phone with her/or not having it charged...).

As we get further & further from last Sat (last time Alissa was seen), the more I'm so very worried for her.
Was she taking any meds that may have made her become disoriented?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone started a timeline including locations? I'm sorry if this has already been asked; I'm trying to catch up on this thread.
TIA

Cookie I'm not aware of a timeline post just yet, but on the first or second page I think someone mapped her home location, the hospital where she jogged, and the cell phone ping in Tigard, so perhaps that is a starting point.

Nistka, I'm so grateful to have you on the thread and so sorry for what is happening. What you said confirms my feelings that something is off here. I hope that they will find something up there today.

Here is a post from the FB page with a flier to print and distribute. There is a map to post where you've put them.

https://www.facebook.com/findalissa...9759787228999/430593680478943/?type=3&theater

I just saw that and it is brilliant! What a great way to be organized and get the word out about Alissa. Her family and friends are really doing so much to find her. It is obvious that she is loved by many. I'm really praying that she comes home safe. I'm worried for her.

Bringing the earlier post with the map link forward. Thanks Mamu!

Can someone more map savvy add the location where her car was found and where they are searching now please? TIA!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back