OR OR - Alissa McCrann, 37, Tigard, 19 Dec 2015

Any hikers who were in the area should call the police non-emergency line at 503-823-3333. Information can also be emailed to missing@portlandoregon.gov and reference Portland Police Bureau Case #15-433682.

http://www.oregonlive.com/today/index.ssf/2015/12/missing_womans_car_found_at_mu.html

Multnomah County Search and Rescue teams began searching hiking trails near the falls. They were prepared to search through the night

http://www.kgw.com/news/missing-portland-woman-sought-by-police/7342607

Best case scenario, she went on a hike and now is lying somewhere hurt but alive and will be found. Phone not charged. I'm glad they started searching there as soon as the car was found, it seems.

That is a beautiful area. So she may have gone shopping in the morning and then drove quite a distance past where she lived to these falls. Was it typical for her to go on hikes alone, especially in what seems to be a treacherous time with the recent heavy rains? With the temperatures hovering around freezing this is not looking good. Where are you Alissa?

That is a beautiful area. So she may have gone shopping in the morning and then drove quite a distance past where she lived to these falls. Was it typical for her to go on hikes alone, especially in what seems to be a treacherous time with the recent heavy rains? With the temperatures hovering around freezing this is not looking good. Where are you Alissa?

Plumeria- this is a good theory. There is an outlet mall in Troutdale, very close to multnomah falls. Is it possible she went shopping & then headed up for a quick afternoon hike?
I guess it doesn't really matter (nor is it my business) what she did prior or why she'd be hiking in not the best weather/hiking conditions. It just seems so odd that she wouldn't let anyone know that she was headed that way. Praying that she is found SOON! If she began the hike on the 19th (Saturday), were now entering night #4... With the temps & rain, I'm so very worried for this young woman.
I had read on the finding Alissa FB page that there were searchers as well as dogs. Praying they pick up her scent quickly & can find her.
Her son & the rest of her family & friends want & need her home for Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No cameras in the parking lot from what I remember. There is cell phone reception. Right now not a lot of people go there because it's been raining almost every day.

Multnomah Search and Rescue is there tonight searching for her. They are using dogs and aerial heat searching so they don't want extra people in the area at this time. They are really good at what they do.

Also people are looking at photos online of Multnomah Falls on Instagram and other places to see if someone might have taken a photo with her in it. That is something people online can do, search photo sites and hiking groups for photos of Multnomah Falls and the area covering from 12/19 to now.

This is really hitting me. I flew into Portland tonight, to spend Christmas with my family. I've been thinking about her all evening! I really hope she's found soon.

Also, what if something happened to her and her car was driven there? What if they're searching in the wrong place?

Kellee Azar ‏@KelleeAzar 6h 6 hours ago
Search continues for Alissa McCrann on Multnomah Falls trails. Conditions extremely dangerous, more at 11 #LiveOnK2

Kellee Azar ‏@KelleeAzar 8h 8 hours ago
Search & Rescue crews continue into the night around Multnomah Falls where Alissa McCrann's car was found. #LiveOnK2

Reporter covering the story on Twitter: https://twitter.com/kelleeazar

This area is just awesome to hike. I lived just west of there in Hood River,for a couple years and covered all the gorge trails many times.

If you live there and are an outdoor person. Rain isn't a factor in your activities. You just put on your rain coat and pants and go enjoy. The water falls would be amazing with all the rain, so there are great photo opportunities. She had already gone for a run before she left, so she most likely wouldn't be running the trails. But she could have certainly wanted to go see the falls. There are five falls a close distance to the road. I have hiked them during torrential rains and anything could have happened, the footing is so unstable and slippery. Sometimes we just have so much confidence we don't think about safety :(

Here is a map of the falls. Most visitors that want to see each fall would drive to the specific one and park and walk up to it. Multnomah, as stated above has a paved path up to the top of the falls. You can continue up from there as well.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5227099.pdf

I'm so hoping she is tucked in somewhere waiting for help if she is there.

[video=twitter;679706121351729152]https://twitter.com/MikeKATU/status/679706121351729152[/video]

Are there any emergency shelters on the trail like on the Appalachian Trail? (Although, by now if there were any all would have been searched.) Otherwise, shelter is under a rock overhang or other such natural shelter. That might prevent any communication to her phone, though.

Also, I'm not seeing any more mention of Alissa's last phone activity (use such as a call or text? ping?) on Cascade Ave. I would hope LE is still looking at that.

http://www.nwhiker.com/CGNSAHike13.html

This is a map of the Franklin Ridge loop. If you go over each camera on the map it shows you pictures of the trail.

The photos seem like a good representation of the trail. With proper gear such as good hiking shoes it doesn't seem much more difficult than difficult sections of the Appalachian Trail in NC or VA. If Alissa grew up there and hiked, I can't imagine her not having the proper gear or else she just planned a short one hour to 90 minute hike.

I tend to question the accuracy of witness sightings. It just seems strange to me that she would go this far from home to hike without letting her family know. She has a young teen son. To her friends on the thread...is this in character? Does anyone know when she was expected home that day?

Best case scenario is that she slipped and is near the trail with a sprained ankle.

ETA: I forgot that nistka already mentioned that she checks in with family. So that makes me think that she was not on that trail. :(

This is a very good friend of mine! She doesn't ever go anywhere without her phone, and it is very strange that it goes straight to voicemail. She always checks in with family and friends and we are worried sick about her! She has a teenaged son and would never just leave

Is it unusual that her car would be up at these falls? Did she ever go there before?

Is there anyone new in her life? Is she on good terms with her son's father? Has she mentioned any problems with a fellow employee or other associate? Is there any significance to the area where her phone last pinged? I'm hoping for the best, but trying to think of other scenarios. I'm sure LE is covering all possibilities too. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back