Identified! PA - Delaware Co, Ridley Creek State Park, WhtFem 25-45, UP14642, rings w/initials, Jan'16 - Name Withheld

Have the police ever taken the rings to a reputable jeweler to review? If not, why not? A jeweler could tell you a lot about these rings. Estimation of age, the inscriptions on the inside of the bands could perhaps tell you who made them and whether the inscriptions were done lately or at the time the ring was made.

She was found in a heavily wooded area that was about a 20 minute walk/hike from Barren Road.

Grisly find: Hiker discovers skeltal remains in Ridley Creek State Park
Thanks. So the car that brought Jane Doe to the park, probably parked at
501 Sycamore Mills Rd
Media, Pennsylvania
That's really the only place to park which is off of Barren Road.
And since we can presume that no unoccupied car (Jane's car) was left in the park, she was brought by someone else.
People don't walk to Ridley Creek State Park, or take a bus to get there to go hiking.

Last edited:
Thanks. So the car that brought Jane Doe to the park, probably parked at
501 Sycamore Mills Rd
Media, Pennsylvania
That's really the only place to park which is off of Barren Road.
And since we can presume that no unoccupied car (Jane's car) was left in the park, she was brought by someone else.
It's possible she herself just walked in from Barren Road after getting dropped off there...my husband went to Penncrest High School (on Barren Road) and would occasionally get off the bus at school but then decide to skip and spend the day in the park. It's not a particularly hard hike, just time consuming. Unlikely in the winter, though, especially if there was snow on the ground.

It's possible she herself just walked in from Barren Road after getting dropped off there...my husband went to Penncrest High School (on Barren Road) and would occasionally get off the bus at school but then decide to skip and spend the day in the park. It's not a particularly hard hike, just time consuming. Unlikely in the winter, though, especially if there was snow on the ground.
Yes, you are right...she could have walked into the park or have been dropped off. But my thoughts are if she walked in she probably would've lived very close to the park. In that case, she would've been reported as missing.

Yes, she could've taken the bus and walked in.
Yes, she could've been dropped off.
My belief, sorry, as grisly as this sounds...she came in a large backpack or duffle bag.

At this point I think police would be happy to just learn her name, and then they can concentrate on how she got into the park. I know the coroner was unable to determine her cause of death, but if we knew who she was we could figure out who she was last seen with and that might provide clues to her state of mind.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Unfortunately, I think this case went cold almost immediately, and the State Police have a ton of current cases to work as well. I'm hoping that the 5 year anniversary of her discovery will get some publicity and put the case back in the news for at least a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a C ... no if's an's or buts, trust me, I know as it is my first inital. I recall it being popular in the 70s. Here is another similar version:

Initial-Letter-C-14K-White-Gold-Disc-Pendant-Necklace-P1403WPP-1.JPG

Initial Letter C

http://www.orospot.com/product/p153...d-disc-pendant-necklace-15mm-in-diameter.aspx
I agree, it's a C

The gold signet ring, when turned to show what some of us perceive as "Jo", the inscription is "P 10K", which means,
P stamped in a ring with a 10K or 14K means it is a HIGH QUALITY GOLD called "Plumb" You have to be a registered certified goldsmith to use this type of GOLD. The gold is certified PLUMB HIGH VALUE QUALITY.

ADMIN NOTE;

The goal here is to try to identify this UID female. As yet, she remains unidentified.

The opening posts of this thread indicate the "Bones have been there 'several months' and belong to a slender tall white female in her late teens or early twenties". None of that information is consistent with Jane C. having died in 2002 and was 41 y.o. at time of her death.

Jane C has never been reported as a missing person. She is officially reported to have died in hospital in 2002 due to an intracerebral hemorrhage. Regarding any insinuations or accusations against her spouse John C, the previously linked articles are correct in that it would necessitate “a complex and particularly diabolical criminal conspiracy with officials of ********** Hospital in ********”. We have to let the evidence lead, otherwise such unsubstantiated speculative theories could be theorized in any case where any individual died in any hospital.

Accordingly, it is not appropriate to bring in accusations against anyone who has not been officially named as being a POI or suspect in a case where we don't even know who the victim is. Jane C, the deceased person who was being discussed, has never officially been reported missing because all indications (with no information to the contrary) are that she is buried in a cemetery.

Unless there is information in MSM or from LE that such an elaborate conspiracy was involved in this case, such speculation is not allowed here for discussion.

It is Middletown Township, Delaware County, PA. I grew up near there and always called the park: Ridley Creek State Park. I am getting old as I have never heard of the area referred to as Middletown Township. Just Lima or Edgemont area.

Ridley is its own town i live 5 mins from there.. Ridley is in delaware county pa

I showed the photos of the rings to a jeweler. He said the flat, signet ring clearly has prongs and a missing stone. A jeweler wouldnt put those prongs on the "bottom" of a ring...so the engraving wouldn't be a C, has to be Jo. He immediately told me these are old rings, and he agreed with me they could be 80ish years old.

So, probably not the rings of the deceased.
Maybe I don't know who the deceased is...but I'm pretty certain of the original owner of the rings...and for some reason, PA police doesn't even want to investigate.

So, today I got an alert from FB for a reply to a message I had posted. I must be getting very old since I have absolutely no recollection of my original comment, but the page owner of the post I commented on thought my suggestion of this UID for the missing person that was the subject of the post could be a match and it is being called in. The missing person is Amy Jo O’kane, I did a fast scan of this thread and I don’t see her listed as a previous suggestion (strange since I suggested the link on FB 7 months ago, I thought I would have also posted it here?) Anyhow here is her NamUs, see what you think. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6