Pastor of mega church says wife has gone away for 1 year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it's very scary. Why are people so easily persuaded?

Because many people are looking for something that is missing in their lives. False prophets such as Ron come along and make it easy for them. All they have to do is tithe and get caught up in his feel good prosperity ministry. It requires little effort, where as real faith and real Chiristianity require more. One has to give up self and live in faith. Sometimes that is the hardest thing to do.

Anyone know if a well check type call can be made to LE even if one spouse says things the other spouse is ok and away?

Because many people are looking for something that is missing in their lives. False prophets such as Ron come along and make it easy for them. All they have to do is tithe and get caught up in his feel good prosperity ministry. It requires little effort, where as real faith and real Chiristianity require more. One has to give up self and live in faith. Sometimes that is the hardest thing to do.

Thanks for such a helpful response.

His FB followers are increasing by the minute. The prayers and comments have drastically increased, since he told this story filled with lies. I find it horribly disturbing that so many are literally drinking the kool-aid. I can't help but SMH at the pure ignorance. The money pouring in, surely has to of increased as well? Money that is coming from not just those that attend his church and participate in church activities. I honestly don't know of any bigger racket that exists in our society. There is so much fraud and misuse of funds and they don't have to answer to anyone.

http://www.guidestar.org/organizati...ld-outreach-center.aspx#idReportSectionStatus

I can't help but think of how much an impact on society there would be, if the billions of donated dollars wasted on frivolous expenditures, were directly given to those in need.

Speaking of drinking the kool aid, the likeness of him to Jim Jones is scary. IMO

Supporters lining up & money pouring in? If his church sheeple read this thread, they would shout "Satan, Get behind me!"

Celebrity preachers catch their congregants with a subtle form of brainwashing. Families, couples & children's activities revolve around the "church". You do not need relatives, neighbors, co-workers- look at all the friends you have here. Tithe, then give some more
& stay in the club so God will bless you.

I have friends who are very involved in an independent church.... much like the mega-churches. It's all about their minister & the other members. From my view, it's just craziness.

I love my church & my church family. Our pastor is a caring, kind soul, learned man & wonderful leader. But, we do not worship the preacher & he would be much to humble to allow anyone to call him "apostle." And he has authored books, study guides & articles... none of which can be found for sale on church property.

Boy-howdy! WS has jumped on this topic like a duck on a junebug. Who & what to believe? I hope answers are forthcoming. Thanks for all your input & research. Special thanks to prima & swampie. My Bible says as Believers, we should pray for membership of that "church". It also tells me that even Ron C is not beyond repentance & redemption.... but, I cannot say I am praying for him.

His FB followers are increasing by the minute. The prayers and comments have drastically increased, since he told this story filled with lies. I find it horribly disturbing that so many are literally drinking the kool-aid. I can't help but SMH at the pure ignorance. The money pouring in, surely has to of increased as well? Money that is coming from not just those that attend his church and participate in church activities. I honestly don't know of any bigger racket that exists in our society. There is so much fraud and misuse of funds and they don't have to answer to anyone.

http://www.guidestar.org/organizati...ld-outreach-center.aspx#idReportSectionStatus

I can't help but think of how much an impact on society there would be, if the billions of donated dollars wasted on frivolous expenditures, were directly given to those in need.

It is possible that some of the FB friends are fakes. I recently heard about buying fake FB friends and Twitter followers to make one look more popular. Who knew LOL!

One business example: http://www.techhive.com/article/256240/how_companies_buy_facebook_friends_likes_and_buzz.html

About Rons increase in twitter followers...

Many people following would also be the curious onlooker. I do have a twitter account now. i don't tweet nor do I use it for any personal use. But I kinda needed it to be able to do some of my research. I'm not following Ron but I am in the loop of it.

So imagine that there are people who are curious, people who want to keep a suspicious eye on Ron and such. And of course, yes there are fake twitter followers that can be bought.

I think this entire thread has been very interesting and informative. I learned a lot about the side of religion that I usually avoid. I think our posters here have contributed many great posts about their experiences. We are such a diverse group, from all walks of life but our common ground is our support for victims of all kinds of crimes and our quest for the truth. So many of the posts here really have been phenomenal and I get so engrossed in reading that I forget to thank each and every one.

I am sure this case has also brought a few curious people to our thread here. I have noticed a great many "guest" visitors reading this thread. And to them i give a big welcome and am glad to have them here!!

Many of our WS'ers started off just like that. We came to read an interesting thread, then stayed for other interesting threads and finally jumped in with an account. I know I did. I read here a year or two before i joined in with an account of my own.

A big thanks to our mods here. We do keep them busy with our many posts. They do a phenomenal job.

Because many people are looking for something that is missing in their lives. False prophets such as Ron come along and make it easy for them. All they have to do is tithe and get caught up in his feel good prosperity ministry. It requires little effort, where as real faith and real Christianity require more. One has to give up self and live in faith. Sometimes that is the hardest thing to do.

This is so true. In a way, these pastors are preying on the weakest victims. They target people who are trusting, who want "prosperity" in their lives (aka the poor), those who are seeking God, and so many other. In Ron's own words , he has a "and changing poverty mindsets in the community as well as in cities around the world." Notice he just wants to change their "mindset", he's not looking to actively live among them and personally touch their lives and better it.

So many of his followers are poor people, desperate to be able to provide for their families and give them a good life. Or they may be pastors of small congregations, looking to build and increase their church like Ron did.

From the link above, Ron also says "Pastor Ron provides guidance and advice to over 1,400 churches and ministries worldwide through Redemption Ministerial Fellowship International, where pastors and leaders look to him for experience, insight, advice, and perspective".

Well Ron's "guidance and advice" along with his "experience, insight, advice, and perspective" comes with a price. Those churches, ministries and pastors are supposed to tithe (or donate, subscribe or whatever you want to call it) to Ron. He is very insistent about that.

Of course it is also attractive to some of the wealthier people as well, especially those who money or power hungry. Their prosperity is proof that God favors them and Ron promotes that so of course they love Ron who flatters them and panders to him. They scratch each other's backs , so to speak.

As ya'll probably know i have done a LOT of research and reading on this case, including many comments from people in this from all aspects of it.

One intruiging term popped up quite a few times in the support of Ron and the criticism of Hope. That term was "Jezebel Spirit". I figured it was just a slam against her due to her vivacious nature and outgoing spirit. And indeed many definitions of it did include things that we would consider just to be normal stuff like having a life outside the home, considering herself an equal partner with her husband.

This term is also just many times to criticize women in the ministry.

So I looked into it and found this:

( http://www.discerningtruth.org/showthread.php?214-What-is-the-Jezebel-Spirit ).
Here are some of the things that describe a "Jezebel Spirit" according to that link.

" *They are controlling, manipulative, bossy.
*....they are able to fool and recruit others to join them.
*These women tend to control their men with sex. And they pick passive men (Ahab’s) so they can dominate them.
*They are usually married but often end up divorced. They may entertain affairs. If single, can be bisexual or promiscuous.

and the biggest revelation:
*Psychological counseling will not help, since they deny their condition!!!!

One of the sites even said these those which completely blew my mind. I won't post their link here as i don't wish to recognize them or send them any traffic. Brace yourself for these. Seriously, this list is whacko!! I looked like this :eek: the entire time it took me to read this one. Here is their lists of how to identify women with the "Jezebel Spirit"

"*Will not submit! But has to rule and control.
*Jezebel is Unsubmitted but has the appearance and puts of the appearance to be submitted.
*Jezebel believes that women are called to preach. It does not matter that the scriptures does not
*Women who have any kind of pains from their monthly cycle.
*Women who have breast cancer have the Jezebel spirit.
"

Just WOW! Menstrual pains and breast cancer= Jezebel Spirit? Yeah, I'm pretty much speechless on those two, and as you have seem from my many posts in this thread. Speechlessness is a condition i rarely suffer from, lol.

But Ok, if monthly pain means Jezebel Spirit then I guess I am a Jezebel Spirit.:floorlaugh: I had "JS" so bad that i almost hemorrhaged to death and needed an emergency hysterectomy which almost killed me.

So, maybe Ron thinks Hope has a case of "Jezebel Spirit". Possibly the worst case ever, lol.

As ya'll probably know i have done a LOT of research and reading on this case, including many comments from people in this from all aspects of it.

One intruiging term popped up quite a few times in the support of Ron and the criticism of Hope. That term was "Jezebel Spirit". I figured it was just a slam against her due to her vivacious nature and outgoing spirit. And indeed many definitions of it did include things that we would consider just to be normal stuff like having a life outside the home, considering herself an equal partner with her husband.

This term is also just many times to criticize women in the ministry.

So I looked into it and found this:

( http://www.discerningtruth.org/showthread.php?214-What-is-the-Jezebel-Spirit ).
Here are some of the things that describe a "Jezebel Spirit" according to that link.

" *They are controlling, manipulative, bossy.
*....they are able to fool and recruit others to join them.
*These women tend to control their men with sex. And they pick passive men (Ahab’s) so they can dominate them.
*They are usually married but often end up divorced. They may entertain affairs. If single, can be bisexual or promiscuous.

and the biggest revelation:
*Psychological counseling will not help, since they deny their condition!!!!

One of the sites even said these those which completely blew my mind. I won't post their link here as i don't wish to recognize them or send them any traffic. Brace yourself for these. Seriously, this list is whacko!! I looked like this :eek: the entire time it took me to read this one. Here is their lists of how to identify women with the "Jezebel Spirit"

"*Will not submit! But has to rule and control.
*Jezebel is Unsubmitted but has the appearance and puts of the appearance to be submitted.
*Jezebel believes that women are called to preach. It does not matter that the scriptures does not
*Women who have any kind of pains from their monthly cycle.
*Women who have breast cancer have the Jezebel spirit.
"

Just WOW! Menstrual pains and breast cancer= Jezebel Spirit? Yeah, I'm pretty much speechless on those two, and as you have seem from my many posts in this thread. Speechlessness is a condition i rarely suffer from, lol.

But Ok, if monthly pain means Jezebel Spirit then I guess I am a Jezebel Spirit.:floorlaugh: I had "JS" so bad that i almost hemorrhaged to death and needed an emergency hysterectomy which almost killed me.

So, maybe Ron thinks Hope has a case of "Jezebel Spirit". Possibly the worst case ever, lol.

Same thing happened to me when I was 29 and I AM NOT A LOOSE WOMAN! Lawdy SM, I've created a monster!! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: YOU GO GIRL!! :loveyou:

There are countless articles available but this one is good for starters:

"Rafael Cruz is a pastor with Purifying Fire Ministries founded by Suzanne Hinn, ex-wife and then wife again of Benny Hinn. The Hinns are huckster Christians, dealing in faux emotions and invented manifestations of the Holy Spirit at the most convenient and opportune fundraising moments. They are also smart enough to understand where the gravy train is, and so they've hitched their boxcar to the New Apostolic, or dominionist movement."

Who is Rafael Cruz, you ask?

July 23, 2013 08:00 AM
Rafael Cruz Declares Son 'The Anointed One'
By karoli

Find out here

Remember the trouble started (according to Ron) when the new building was dedicated. So maybe Ron did something that day that seriously disrespected Hope, such as took the credit for everything and downplayed her contribution, told her she would NOT be an equal partner is this new church, or something like that.

Or that timing of saying that she was cheating at that time is all about dividing the property in the divorce since South Carolina considers a persons behaviors that contribute to the breakdown of a marriage and distributes property accordingly. here are some factors they consider.
http://divorcesupport.about.com/od/statedivorcelaws/a/SCarolina_Laws.htm

Marital misconduct or fault of either or both parties;

The desirability of awarding the family home as part of equitable distribution or the right to live therein for reasonable periods to the spouse having custody of any children;

Child custody arrangements and obligations at the time of the entry of the order; and
Such other relevant factors as the trial court shall expressly enumerate in its order.

The value of the marital property. The contribution of each spouse to the acquisition, preservation, depreciation, or appreciation in value of the marital property, including the contribution of the spouse as homemaker; provided, that the court shall consider the quality of the contribution as well as its factual existence;

Grounds for divorce include:
Adultery
Desertion for a period of one year.
Physical cruelty.
Habitual drunkenness, including habitual drunkenness caused by the use of any narcotic drug.
On the application of either party if and when the husband and wife have lived separate and apart without cohabitation for a period of one year.

So it seems like Ron is setting it up nicely. Crossing the T's and dotting the eyes. She is going away for a year so that takes care of the living apart for a year and he has already dealt the adultery card.

He has also scrubbed her from the church website and will no doubt claim she was an employee of his, not a partner or cofounder. That is HIS and he will not share it. That also is why he would specifically date the adultery all the way back to the dedication of the new building. That would be used to show that she was not his true partner back then. It would show that she betrayed him and the church all that time. i bet he could come up with some documentation to frame her for "employee theft or misappropriation" too if she decides to fight him.

He has definitely tried to shut her out, discredit her and gain the support of the church for himself and only himself.

But why would Hope go along with this if she is not being held against her will? I think he has some sort of control over her in the form of threats or blackmail. I have already alluded to the prospect of framing her for crimes against the church. He could have set her up to be video'd with other men, or in other seemingly inappropriate situations. For all we know, based upon his *advertiser censored* obsession, he could even have a sex tape featuring her.

I believe he has probably threatened her to go along with his demands and he will pay her off or her will expose her on a world wide level. He has the medium to do it, with his church and his sheeple.

Bottom line, he is a snake and is capable of anything.

Same thing happened to me when I was 29 and I AM NOT A LOOSE WOMAN! Lawdy SM, I've created a monster!! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: YOU GO GIRL!! :loveyou:

:floorlaugh:Thanks Tulessa. i guess if I am to be cast as a Jezebel Spirit for a hysterectomy, I am in great company! :loveyou:

"Rafael Cruz is a pastor with Purifying Fire Ministries founded by Suzanne Hinn, ex-wife and then wife again of Benny Hinn. The Hinns are huckster Christians, dealing in faux emotions and invented manifestations of the Holy Spirit at the most convenient and opportune fundraising moments. They are also smart enough to understand where the gravy train is, and so they've hitched their boxcar to the New Apostolic, or dominionist movement."

By karoli

Find out here

Unfortunately I know who Rafael Cruz and his son Rafael Edward Cruz is. I live in Texas. Yuck.

By karoli

Find out here

I have met hinn many times and been to his services. he is a fraud. I had no idea he was still around. cant believe it. lol he has been around since the 70s/80s and I remember talk of him being a fraud way back then.

fraud is certainly profitable. lol

What the heck. They must be trying to say that the woman Jesus healed of the "issue" was a prostitite, and the Bible says no such thing. He healed her physical ailment and no mention of demons. That former witch is also disturbing by slandering Mary Magdalene and implying that she was a prostitute. No proof of that. These people, even the women, treat women horribly. It's a perfect cover for abuse. I'm suprised that wives haven't gone missing never to be seen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
$andRose