Poll- Was the bag the Meter Reader saw in August the same bag he found in December?

Is the bag MR found in August the same bag he found in December?

• Absolutely the same bag

Votes: 55 19.4%
  • Maybe the same bag

Votes: 67 23.7%
  • Absolutely NOT the same bag

Votes: 84 29.7%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 77 27.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, LE was definitely carrying a large, bulky item away from the crime scene to the investigative van in a white bag. Don't we have photographs of what was in the trunk of the car somewhere??? What kind of bags were left in that car with the 'decomposing pizza'? :rolleyes:

As I recall, it was stated to be a grey or white bag in August and it was said (and shown in the pictures) to be a black bag.

How would you explain that it went from white or grey to black beetween August and December? I can reasonably assume the opposite, it would lighten from exposure. But I cannot understand how anybody can believe it would darken from white to black.

Reflection of the way the sun is hitting the bag. The sun is so intense here in Florida in the summer months through October this year, things don't always appear as you would see them at a glance.

I don't see that it matters what he saw in August. The bag could have been bright purple then as long as LE got the correct bag when it came down to it and they finally found Caylee's remains.

I don't see that it matters what he saw in August. The bag could have been bright purple then as long as LE got the correct bag when it came down to it and they finally found Caylee's remains.

Hey SS! You know I love you!!! And you know that sometimes we disagree, but always respect each other! :blowkiss: I think it matters VERY much. If the bag had been neon pink and smelling to high heaven and LE failed to find it after having their nose all but pushed into it....then yea; they have some explaining to do. I work in healthcare, and God knows we screw things up from time to time, but we admit our mistakes and learn from them. LE desperately needs to do the same. If the body had been found in August, we would have a whole different set of forensics to discuss - and to prosecute with.

Howdy, 'Absolutely not the same bag'.

That is because we learned it was by the road. No one in their right or even demented mind would leave the body of a child in a bag by the side of the road unless the killer wanted it to be discovered. And it was spotted almost 2 months after death. Doesn't make any sense to me even forgetting ab out the diff in the color of the bag. xox IMO

I voted absolutely a different bag.

I don't even think it was in the same area.

I do not believe what he saw at that time was Caylee's remains. That lot is about an acre, dense foliage and vegetation, under water most of the time. Right before Faye there was Hurrican Ike. TM/TES tried to search there but he almost lost one of his four wheelers in the swamp. I do recall when TM went to the scene, the day they found Caylee's remains, he took note of the brown leaves underneath that bag which told him that bag was there a very long time.

http://www.wftv.com/centralfloridaho...56/detail.html

I get kind of confused about all the information about the MM and TM on what they saw etc. I heard the LE state that NO ONE was allowed back there to see the scene except the CSI and LE. A reporter said that even TM was not allowed back there. Maybe they let him and knew they better retract the statement so JB didnt have a fit!

Yes, but the fact remains...they didn't find her in August which is the bottom line.

It would have been better for the case all the way around, of course! The deputy has had to answer to his actions by now and they all realize this was a missed opportunity, but the truth is...sometimes bodies are only a few feet away and go undetected from searchers for years. I guess my point is...there is really no point in rehashing what "could have been" instead of "what is".

Howdy, 'Absolutely not the same bag'.

That is because we learned it was by the road. No one in their right or even demented mind would leave the body of a child in a bag by the side of the road unless the killer wanted it to be discovered. And it was spotted almost 2 months after death. Doesn't make any sense to me even forgetting ab out the diff in the color of the bag. xox IMO

Hey Scandi! We have been at this crime stuff for a while, huh? I had the EXACT same thought as you! NO ONE would leave the body that close to the road. After travelling down the dark and disturbing path of KC's mind, however, I have decided she kept the body on ice until that wasn't feasible, and then put the frozen corpse into the trunk. The body rapidly begin to thaw and she panicked - thus the explanation of the delay between when we think the murder happened and when the body disposal occurred. The smelly, decomposing body was just too gross to carry into the woods or to even drive very far with. There was only one option in KC's mind - the cloest "dump" she could find. In a twisted, sick and disgusting way, it makes perfect sense to me. :waitasec::eek:

Shortly after the discovery, Leonard P. described the find on Nancy G. He said that the remains were in a white trash sack and then enclosed in a black trash sack. I think a lot of sleuths were out Christmas shopping. I do not believe he would have offered this v. clear and definite description unless he knew those facts. The bags and the contents will be detailed before too long.

Well, LE was definitely carrying a large, bulky item away from the crime scene to the investigative van in a white bag. Don't we have photographs of what was in the trunk of the car somewhere??? What kind of bags were left in that car with the 'decomposing pizza'? :rolleyes:

Hi Reannan, Having watched CSI Miami for years, I would think any remains would be picked up by the staff of the ME after they had been viewed and photographed as they originally were found on site and then put into a body bag before removing. They wouldn't just carry out the bag they found without enclosing it first as there might be evidence on the outside of that bag.

I read somewhere the bag had a hole torn in it by little animals. If that is true something could drop out if they just carried out the bag. xox

The color of the bag that the body was found in has not been released by LE, has it? I think we are all making the assumption that it was black.

Looking back over the crime scene photographs, and applying what we now know that the MR said he saw, maybe the bag was white?? In the following photo's you can see a white object lying in the brush, and then a large white bag is being removed by LE. I wouldn't think they would just pick the bag up without first putting it into some other sort of evidence bag, but then I wouldn't have thought they would have walked almost up to the body and been scared off by a snake either!

CAN anyone tell me what this big white thing is on the bottom picture? It looks like a tank of some kind? maybe she wasnt in a bag and clothes and other items were in the trash bag. The ONLY thing they have mentioned is that the remains are identified as Caylees but we don't know what else is there. There must be a lot back there if they were there for over a week and to go to GP's house all those times. incredible and we don't have anything for sure to go on at all. ALL speculation and probably rumors etc.

That's true. It would be entirely possible that he looked there because something caught his eye, the something turned out to be nothing but it brought him close enough to find the real remains.

Shortly after the discovery, Leonard P. described the find on Nancy G. He said that the remains were in a white trash sack and then enclosed in a black trash sack. I think a lot of sleuths were out Christmas shopping. I do not believe he would have offered this v. clear and definite description unless he knew those facts. The bags and the contents will be detailed before too long.

Tuba, you are a genious for remembering this! That is EXACTLY what I see in this photo - the officer is holding up the white trash bag and there is something black underneath. So sad.....and I would give anything to be on the prosecution's team to get whoever murdered this little girl prosecuted! God, I went into the wrong profession!!! :furious::furious::furious:

Attachments

• Officer with Pink Object and Close Up of Pink Object.jpg
    Officer with Pink Object and Close Up of Pink Object.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 72
Yes, but the fact remains...they didn't find her in August which is the bottom line.

It would have been better for the case all the way around, of course! The deputy has had to answer to his actions by now and they all realize this was a missed opportunity, but the truth is...sometimes bodies are only a few feet away and go undetected from searchers for years. I guess my point is...there is really no point in rehashing what "could have been" instead of "what is".

I'm amazed any of the officers found the meter reader, much less anything he thought was significant. Even in the final call in December, he couldn't tell them the name of Hopesprings or the school. I'd probably be jabbering nonsense if I found a skull in the woods, so I'm not faulting him but his directions were awful.

In the first call, the meter reader called Hopesprings Good Hope and then the dispatcher thought he said Good Home. So, some poor deputy was out there looking for a road named Good Home near an unnamed elementary school in a swampy area on the left, no on the right.

That just isn't ANY officer in that photo. It is Yuri Melich. I can assure you that he isn't holding a bag with Caylee's remains. She would not have been moved without the team doing it. Yuri would not be standing there with that bag in his hands.

I wonder if the "gry" bag could mean grocery bag as in white grocery bag, round because it contained the skull? I think white bag enclosed in a black bag makes most sense because the meter reader does say that what he found is the same thing he saw back in August.

That just isn't ANY officer in that photo. It is Yuri Melich. I can assure you that he isn't holding a bag with Caylee's remains. She would not have been moved without the team doing it. Yuri would not be standing there with that bag in his hands.

I have been slammed at work lately, so I have been lax on reading each and every post. My bad. I have heard of Yuri Melich, but I don't REALLY know who he is. What is the deal with him?? Thanks in advance for forgiving and correcting my stupidity. :crazy:

I have been slammed at work lately, so I have been lax on reading each and every post. My bad. I have heard of Yuri Melich, but I don't REALLY know who he is. What is the deal with him?? Thanks in advance for forgiving and correcting my stupidity. :crazy:
He is Detective Corporal Yuri Melich with the OCSO. He is one of the lead detectives on this case. He and J. Allen were the first ones to interview Casey and opened this case as a Missing Persons. Yuri was also the one to testify to evidence found in the car etc. at the first bond hearing for Casey. This is when I developed a healthy esteem for his expertise and the way he was handling this case so I started a joke about a fan club for him. LOL (It made it all the way to the Orlando Sentinel which is funnier because the joke was then on them since they thought I was serious! >wink<) The photo in my siggy is Yuri and WWYMD? stands for "What Would Yuri Melich Do?" which has been my "mantra" throughout this whole case.

This is also how I reason that he would NOT be standing there with that bag in his hands. ;)

I believe that it was NOT the same bag.
I have been wondering about this since the body had been found. Could the meter reader had been tipped off? Some people seem to think that the MR route in this area was on Aug. 11, 12th, and 13th. But that is incorrect. His route was on Monday, Aug. 11th, he says this in his calls. So what I find odd is that on Aug. 11, he is on his "route" the MR spots a suspicious BAG and calls authorities. When deputy responded on Aug. 11th, the meter reader was not there (he left? Maybe he wanted to be kept anonymous if that was indeed the BAG that Caylee was wrapped in). On Aug. 12th, he calls at around 9p to report a suspicious BAG again (he's not in the area at that time, so where did he call from?) Was he in that area again and noticed that a BAG was still there and noone came to investigate? Was the body suppose to be found in that area? I know there is some confusion as to the COLOR of the BAG that MR reported in his calls. GREY, WHITE, BLACK....Could it be possible that all the MR knew was that Caylee's body was there in that area and it was wrapped in a trash BAG? With no knowledge of the color of the BAG, maybe he was assuming each of the BAGS that he reported was "suspicious to him" hoping to find the right one. In the call on Aug 12th he mentions that he did not want to call crime tip line because he wanted to remain anonymous, thinking that if they found a "freakin body" there he would be in some kind of trouble. On Aug. 13th, the MR calls in again, and when the deputy meets him there (meaning he again was not in that area at the time of the call) he leads them to a BAG, they inspect a bag that only had clothes and stuffed animals in it, right? They left the bag there. Could this have been the reasoning behind KC previously saying "they haven't even found her clothes yet." Could this have been the finding she was referring to?
Not satisfied with the findings in Aug., the MR goes back to the same area 4 months to the day later and discovers the trash BAG that indeed is related to this case. HE FOUND THE RIGHT BAG THIS TIME!

The meter man said he saw a white bag....who said Caylee's body was found in a black bag? The body of Caylee could be in a white bag,because he said he saw a white bag.

The guy just kicked a bag--it was white or he would have said...wow it's weird I saw a white bag in this area back in August...but now I find the body and the bag has changed color.
The black bag in the photoes, doesn't mean it is the bag that Caylee's body was found in.
They may not have released the photo's showing Caylee. The bag in the photo could be a bag of clothes , and the book was in that..linking the house.
Just an idea..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member