Poll- Was the bag the Meter Reader saw in August the same bag he found in December?

Is the bag MR found in August the same bag he found in December?

• Absolutely the same bag

Votes: 55 19.4%
  • Maybe the same bag

Votes: 67 23.7%
  • Absolutely NOT the same bag

Votes: 84 29.7%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 77 27.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I recall, it was stated to be a grey or white bag in August and it was said (and shown in the pictures) to be a black bag.

How would you explain that it went from white or grey to black beetween August and December? I can reasonably assume the opposite, it would lighten from exposure. But I cannot understand how anybody can believe it would darken from white to black.

Is there a photo that actually shows the black bag she was in?

I'm going to say it was the same bag for the simple fact that Caylee's (bless her soul) little bones were scattered all over the area... if someone would have just "placed" the bag there then I can't imagine her remains being scattered over an acre of land..

Is there a photo that actually shows the black bag she was in?

Some believe that it is visible in the white circle in the picture below.

Attachments

• 1958311.jpg
    1958311.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 70
It seems someone tipped this MR off and he was hell bent on finding this body only in August he didnt. Maybe in December the body was easier to find. I also think the bodyguard who took video of the area is fishy too, as if to say see nothing was there someone else did it. When he could have just not filmed the body area part. Setting this up as a defense. This is all too much really.

my question is how could anyone in the A family, sleep at night knowing little Caylee was 40 seconds away?? I try to fathom this,I just can't go there but I know Casey did. She made brownies, she cooked for Padilla,she emailed and acted like everything was just alright. What kind of a black soul do you have that could do such a thing, and pass yourself off as "mother of the year".

Reflection of the way the sun is hitting the bag. The sun is so intense here in Florida in the summer months through October this year, things don't always appear as you would see them at a glance.

Interesting thought but we are talking about a bag in the woods- no direct sunlight.

I'm amazed any of the officers found the meter reader, much less anything he thought was significant. Even in the final call in December, he couldn't tell them the name of Hopesprings or the school. I'd probably be jabbering nonsense if I found a skull in the woods, so I'm not faulting him but his directions were awful.

In the first call, the meter reader called Hopesprings Good Hope and then the dispatcher thought he said Good Home. So, some poor deputy was out there looking for a road named Good Home near an unnamed elementary school in a swampy area on the left, no on the right.

There is a road in Orlando called Good Home.

That just isn't ANY officer in that photo. It is Yuri Melich. I can assure you that he isn't holding a bag with Caylee's remains. She would not have been moved without the team doing it. Yuri would not be standing there with that bag in his hands.

Also the item in question in that picture appears to be pink, not white. This photo was dissected in the evidence photos thread- it is thought to be a beach towel that Caylee is shown using in a photo.

And before anyone requests the link, find the thread that discusses the crime scene photo- it's in there.

OK...so there is a lot we don't know about the calls and responses. Everything has been edited and the media may have added opinion to their reports. With the little that we do know that is actual fact, I can only say "maybe". With this case...anything is possible. My "gut" (I know y'all love to hear about gut feelings) still says the remains WERE THERE in August...same bag or not is irrelevant. However, the MR does describe a white board attatched to a tree and something white and round on the ground. I'm curious...was the white round thing on the ground "the book", partially covered? And what was nailed to the tree?? Was any of it relevant?

I believe that it was NOT the same bag.
I have been wondering about this since the body had been found. Could the meter reader had been tipped off? Some people seem to think that the MR route in this area was on Aug. 11, 12th, and 13th. But that is incorrect. His route was on Monday, Aug. 11th, he says this in his calls. So what I find odd is that on Aug. 11, he is on his "route" the MR spots a suspicious BAG and calls authorities. When deputy responded on Aug. 11th, the meter reader was not there (he left? Maybe he wanted to be kept anonymous if that was indeed the BAG that Caylee was wrapped in). On Aug. 12th, he calls at around 9p to report a suspicious BAG again (he's not in the area at that time, so where did he call from?) Was he in that area again and noticed that a BAG was still there and noone came to investigate? Was the body suppose to be found in that area? I know there is some confusion as to the COLOR of the BAG that MR reported in his calls. GREY, WHITE, BLACK....Could it be possible that all the MR knew was that Caylee's body was there in that area and it was wrapped in a trash BAG? With no knowledge of the color of the BAG, maybe he was assuming each of the BAGS that he reported was "suspicious to him" hoping to find the right one. In the call on Aug 12th he mentions that he did not want to call crime tip line because he wanted to remain anonymous, thinking that if they found a "freakin body" there he would be in some kind of trouble. On Aug. 13th, the MR calls in again, and when the deputy meets him there (meaning he again was not in that area at the time of the call) he leads them to a BAG, they inspect a bag that only had clothes and stuffed animals in it, right? They left the bag there. Could this have been the reasoning behind KC previously saying "they haven't even found her clothes yet." Could this have been the finding she was referring to?
Not satisfied with the findings in Aug., the MR goes back to the same area 4 months to the day later and discovers the trash BAG that indeed is related to this case. HE FOUND THE RIGHT BAG THIS TIME!
I tend to think the same way. I think this guy either actually saw someone discard the bag or he came by credible information in another way that Caylee was there. If you listen to one of the calls, he describes something "round and white" and yet it is further said that he "kicked" a bag and the skull rolled out.

That just isn't ANY officer in that photo. It is Yuri Melich. I can assure you that he isn't holding a bag with Caylee's remains. She would not have been moved without the team doing it. Yuri would not be standing there with that bag in his hands.

SS is right, Det. Melich is not holding any bag with Caylee's remains. At a crime scene where there is a body/remains, the Medical Examiner is in charge of the body. NOTHING is moved until pictures are taken and the scene investigated. Det. Melich is too seasoned a detective to move evidence at a scene. the picture of the man removing a bag from the scene. He is from the Medical Examiner's office, he is actually the Chief Investigator from that office, and he is carrying a body bag. In Florida, and in other states too, I believe, the Medical Examiner's office has complete control over the body - they may have to wait until LE photographs the area, etc. but they are the only ones who can remove a body/remains from the scene.

I don't think the white thing he refers to is meant to indicate a skull. Round could mean flat circular and no reference to size is made at all. He could have even seen one half of the "white sunglasses" some think they spot in the photos. MR depends so heavily on his gps that he fails to communicate his location and the operator is so confused that if she wrote ANYTHING down its doubtfully accurate and I wish OCSO all the luck in the world on their internal investigation. Of the few important facts that you can pull out of the conversation-1)we do know that the entire area was a swamp BEFORE Fay came through (obviously those summer afternoon Florida showers keep the woods there saturated). 2)MR was clearly suspicious of the area and saw something that made him feel this way. 3)LE found nothing...mostly because they didn't look very hard believing the area had been "cleared by cadaver dogs" one month prior.

I believe that the meter reader happened upon Caylee's body (and saw actual evidence of remains) on the day he called in the first tip. Fear of being a suspect may have prevented him from saying what he actually saw (or maybe even touched) His insistence on the following days seem to show more than a casual hunch. On the third call, RK may have pointed out the general area to the deputy, thinking there was no way the remains would be missed--still frightened to be specific and afraid of becoming a suspect.

After being reassigned, RK may have tried to forget--believing that sooner or later somebody else would discover the body. After a few months, maybe he could no longer salve his conscience and called in the final tip.

ETA: the meter reader's statement that "we" found a dead snake in the area is more of an up -close -and -personal account. He would have had to see the snake up close to know for certain that it was really dead. It's likely that he saw the bag/ remains on the same close level.

ETA: the meter reader's statement that "we" found a dead snake in the area is more of an up -close -and -personal account. He would have had to see the snake up close to know for certain that it was really dead. It's likely that he saw the bag/ remains on the same close level.

Snakes are regularly run over on the road and are able to slither into the grass and die there. The snake very well could have been at the edge of the woods.

I'm not gonna vote yet.... on NG last night weren't they saying the meter reader confirmed it was the same bag he saw back in August? If so, then nothing makes sense. Why would it be there Aug. 11 and 12, not be there when he went looking with the deputy on the 13th, then re-appear months later? I don't think the storms/flooding would account for that.

Bolded by me. Could someone in LE have been informing GA about what was going on? Then by returning the bag back to that location, they feel confident it wouldn't be searched again. Reaching, I know, just wondering....

I don't think it matters if "the bag" is the same or not. I voted "maybe". The point is that at the time MR fist called, he spotted a suspicious garbage bag AND a foul odor. Same bag/different bag doesn't matter....at that time...Aug 11....the "right bag" was more than likely in those woods. He may have associated the odor with a garbage bag that may or may not have been the "right bag", either way the man was correct in his thinking that the odor came from a garbage bag, in those woods, with remains inside. End of story.

This does make sense and can you imagine how badly it would have smelled in the Fl August heat. Lots of other people had to have smelled it too.

I guess this whole case backs up FBI's long time theory that killers work within their comfort zone.

Snakes are regularly run over on the road and are able to slither into the grass and die there. The snake very well could have been at the edge of the woods.

Great point, pirate. If the meter reader really did have to relieve himself on the day of his first call, the dead snake may have been the first thing he noticed. I know if I ever had to wander out into those border areas I'd be watching my step! :eek: The dead snake may have drawn his attention to the bag and curiosity took over--leading him to discover Caylee's remains.

*rumor* I did hear somewhere, can't recall where and therefore won't use it as fact, that the people who live on that corner (with the odd lot and long fence) DID notice an odor in August, but thought it was a dead animal.

I'm amazed any of the officers found the meter reader, much less anything he thought was significant. Even in the final call in December, he couldn't tell them the name of Hopesprings or the school. I'd probably be jabbering nonsense if I found a skull in the woods, so I'm not faulting him but his directions were awful.

In the first call, the meter reader called Hopesprings Good Hope and then the dispatcher thought he said Good Home. So, some poor deputy was out there looking for a road named Good Home near an unnamed elementary school in a swampy area on the left, no on the right.[/quote]

Bolded by me. Agreed that in the first two calls the MR didn't have all the info needed for exact location but the deputy didn't come until the third call in August and in that call the MR perfectly described the area, with street names, the school name, location of swamp and where he was waiting for deputy. IOW, the MR had taken the time by then to have exact names of everything and a good description of where he would be waiting and where he saw something suspicious. In the portion of the calls we hear from August MR does not mention and odor or a bag, the word "bag" comes from the Sheriff's department employee. MR says he sees something round and white that looks like it doesn't belong there and that is all he reports seeing in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teaticket5217