POLL- Who do you think is responsible for Haleigh's Disappearance?

Who is responsible for Haleigh's Disappearance

• Bio Mom Crystal or her family

Votes: 20 5.3%
  • Bio Dad Ron and his Girlfriend Misty

Votes: 62 16.3%
  • Bio Dad Ron acting alone

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Girlfriend Misty acting Alone

Votes: 24 6.3%
  • Girlfriend Misty due to not being there

Votes: 89 23.4%
  • A relative or associate of Ron's without his knowledge

Votes: 41 10.8%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 116 30.5%
  • Random Person Not Associated

Votes: 22 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I noticed early on in an interview that the bio mom's mother tried to start insinuating things about the father, and the bio mom interrupted her, and said "we get along" or something close to that. She obviously didn't want her mother to continue in that vein. I also noticed that the bio mom comforted the father, putting her hand on his back as he sobbed in the grass, etc. I wonder what has changed since then except for letting her mother and possibly others persuade her to act this way. It is not beneficial to finding her daughter.

I didn't vote yet because I'm leaning toward a couple of possibilities ~ one is Misty wasn't there which allowed somebody Ron knows to enter the house and take Haleigh as "payment" (this is from wording he used at a press conference where he said she isn't property), or Misty herself did something to Haleigh and had help covering it up. I'll think about it more this week before the poll closes!! :)

I have from the start thought the Bio's family was too quick to point blame. She said about daughter missing lots of school (didn't say a word about why or Turners ..) that the "dad" sent papers to wrong addresse and court blew her off. Bio dad (grandfather) was just as bad...just that if I can't have them nor can you.

I noticed early on in an interview that the bio mom's mother tried to start insinuating things about the father, and the bio mom interrupted her, and said "we get along" or something close to that. She obviously didn't want her mother to continue in that vein. I also noticed that the bio mom comforted the father, putting her hand on his back as he sobbed in the grass, etc. I wonder what has changed since then except for letting her mother and possibly others persuade her to act this way. It is not beneficial to finding her daughter.

I think up until Misty's started changing her stories,the BioMom still cared for RC and her mother just couldn't stand him.I felt it changed this week w/Misty's lying.I'm thinking they thought using GR,it would force him to tell if he knows,as time goes on the greater danger for Haleigh being found not alive.If she was thinking that,her mother pushing it,well it seems GR pushed it over the top.I don't think it was a smart move at all.

I voted, I have no idea.
I am so confused. Here again another case where there are so many conflicting stories. What throws me off is the fact that Misty did call 911 right away and the father and family are crying out for Haleigh's return. I get emotional when I see the father cry for his little girl, the grandmother and the aunts. Misty looks like she is out of it half the time and Crystal(Bio-mom) looks to calm. I to thought at first that maybe it was the Bio-mom who came and took the child because she was protecting her or just wanted her back. But then I started thinking why not take the Jr. as well. "IMO", I do not believe that is was a stranger that took Haleigh. Another fact is Haleigh's shirt. It was found by Misty in the laundry basket by the back door which is where she said the brick was. Someone had to of changed the child before she left, if that is the case Haleigh knew who took her or she would of screamed "IMO". I understand that LE needs to keep tight lipped about the investigation, but how is anyone going to help search for this child if there are no clues as to where she is or if she is alive?

I am still holding onto the thought that this is not an abduction from a family member on either sides. However, I do believe that the perp knew enough about this family and routines to pull it off. What is bothering me is the fact that dogs followed a trail all the way to the water early on in the case. Even though that area was searched and cleared, that is a huge body of water. Suppose the perp had a small boat waiting on that waters edge? Why not go ahead and give everyone in the family lie dector tests and get it over with so they can move onto other possibilites? Almost every adult in Elizabeth Smarts family took lie detector test ASAP. What is LE waiting for? How about start giving them to the rest of Haleighs family and friends of the family? I still believe they need to look at neighbors closer.....including those on the other side of that body of water the dogs ended up at.

They haven't made them take lie detectors yet. :eek: John Walsh said that as soon as his son went missing he told the cops immediately to take him down and polygraph him so they could eliminate him as a suspect. That's very poor police work, IMO, if that's true.

I didn't vote yet because I'm leaning toward a couple of possibilities ~ one is Misty wasn't there which allowed somebody Ron knows to enter the house and take Haleigh as "payment" (this is from wording he used at a press conference where he said she isn't property), or Misty herself did something to Haleigh and had help covering it up. I'll think about it more this week before the poll closes!! :)

Do you have link for that?

I need a "everyone in this family who let this neglect go on" option.

LOL I was thinking the exact same thing because it is so true from what we have learned.

Then I read the question again and the word 'responsible' jumped out at me. She was taken during Misty's watch.

There are 3 major factors in committing a crime: Opportunity, Means & Motive. In her negligence I believe Misty gave the perp the opportunity to abscond with Haleigh.

PS: I qualify that as to what we have learned so far. If that is not the truth, and whatever befell Haleigh was at a different time of day and with other people present, of course my answer would be different. xox

Hi all
Newbie post here
IF it's true that RC met Misty through the mother of his other possible child,(Misty babysat for his *other child*) and IF it's true that she stated to RC that he needed to get that child out of there before he got hurt, I almost wonder if it's at all possible that Misty "allowed" Haleigh to be taken "for her own good" IF it's true that RC is abusive. Given Misty's muddy history with abusive men, maybe in some way she feels she couldn't/can't help herself, but she could help Haleigh
avoid being abused anymore, and perhaps witnessed some things first-hand that compelled her to send Haleigh to someone who could take care of her and keep her safe, regardless of the consequences. I know...all a big "IF", but I guess I don't like the alternatives......

:Welcome-12-june::cool2: We beat this theory to death on the Caylee Marie thread and we all know how that turned out. My question is (not to slam your idea) what kind of a responsible adult would hide a little 5 y.o. girl away from her family and LE for 2 full weeks? There are legal channels to go through to protect children at risk. Anyone who would agree to participate in this action is acting outside of the law and that's not good for children

I voted, I have no idea.
I am so confused. Here again another case where there are so many conflicting stories. What throws me off is the fact that Misty did call 911 right away and the father and family are crying out for Haleigh's return. I get emotional when I see the father cry for his little girl, the grandmother and the aunts. Misty looks like she is out of it half the time and Crystal(Bio-mom) looks to calm. I to thought at first that maybe it was the Bio-mom who came and took the child because she was protecting her or just wanted her back. But then I started thinking why not take the Jr. as well. "IMO", I do not believe that is was a stranger that took Haleigh. Another fact is Haleigh's shirt. It was found by Misty in the laundry basket by the back door which is where she said the brick was. Someone had to of changed the child before she left, if that is the case Haleigh knew who took her or she would of screamed "IMO". I understand that LE needs to keep tight lipped about the investigation, but how is anyone going to help search for this child if there are no clues as to where she is or if she is alive?

Hi MADJGNLAW,

I don't think anyone necessarily changed Haleigh's clothes.

Just because that pink shirt was in the laundry doesn't mean she was really wearing it when she disappeared or was last seen.

We are going on the words of a gal who had been away partying for the 3 days before and had just been pulled back to babysit by Ron. Who knows how clear her mind was. In Geraldo's interview last night, the State's Attorney lady said one thing about people who do drugs is they have memory loss. I could see Misty just pulling the 'pink' shirt out of the hat, so to speak, as it was the only shirt of Haleigh's that came to mind on the spot. Doesn't make it the truth, and evidently wasn't. xox

Hi Moo-shoe and WELCOME to Websleuths ;} Nice to have you here. Re your post, that is a possibility. My first thought tho was that would be too major of a decision for a 17 year old to make, especially when what she was mainly was Ron's live-in lover, cook, bottle-washer and caregiver for Haleigh and JR. It wouldn't have been her place, even tho she might have wanted this to happen.

Do you have link for that?
No I don't, but he was asking for whoever had Haleigh to please return her and said she wasn't property. I heard him say it as it was replayed on either JVM's "Issues" or Nancy Grace. MOO

I have many problems with this case and to be truthful, I have no idea who took her or how they got her.
All we have are "rumors" and "past" court records. I am going to list my problems with this case.

1. Rumors about RC: Yes he had some prior arrest however he has NOT been arrested since he has had his children living with him. People do change, people do grow up. I feel that his mom is the only level headed person in this whole situation. I also think that she probably lives a clean life and maybe has helped RC to go down the right road. As for him being abusive we have only seen this when he was really upset. (Even last night when GR was in his face, we didn't see the "abusive" side of him) I refuse to hold that against him because I have said some pretty mean things when I have been upset and angry. I must add that I have NEVER been the position that RC was in that night when he called 911. Misty DOES NOT look scared of him, she looks scared of the whole situation.

2. The drug use. I am not too sure about that either. For 1 thing he works as a crane operator and I am sure that he is tested for drugs. I would imagine that in most States this is mandatory. I do know that Federal Regs. require that for any heavy equipment operator. I don't care what a 17 year old writes on her myspace or her friends, they are just being cool. I have not seen or heard any evidence of drugs being involved on that night or in fact EVER since RC has had the children.

3. The Bio Mom. First I have to say that I don't think she had anything to do with this but that's because I just think she doesn't give a dam. Sorry, I have no respect for any woman who doesn't fight to get her kids back. If that happened to me you bet I would be in the first re-hab I could find, I would get a job, I would take parenting classes, I would do anything required of me to win custody back. Nope she has Chloe and the other brats.

4. Misty. I think she is just a young woman who has had to grow up very fast. RC's mom said she was very mature for her age. As for the age difference between her and RC I see nothing big about it. All of my boyfriends were always 4-5 years older than me. The man I married is 6 years older. Most men are immature until about the age of 25. Nope not a big problem to me.

5. Unsavory characters. I haven't seen any of his friends or their rap sheets. I have seen "relatives" of Misty's and their rap sheets. I always tell the kids that I counsel "you can't choose your family but you can choose the direction your life will take." I am not really sure if "wild" parties were thrown in their home or not.

What I do know that is the everytime I have seen RC is makes it about Haleigh and makes sure that everyone knows that. I know that in all the pictures Haleigh looks like a happy healthy child. I have seen pictures of her and Misty and they really look like they like each other.

You see I don't know any of these people or what their lifestyle was before a little girl came up missing. I cannot assume anything about them. I can only take what I have seen in interviews and the little bit of information that LE has given us. I am just that kind of person. I can only go by the "facts" of this case and that is a little girl is missing and someone, somewhere knows where she is. I just wish we knew "who" that was. :frown:

Ron is responsible for this child!!! He is the custodial parent. However, since he entrusted the care to Misty, she is held responsible . . . but Ron is the one I am holding responsible for now . . .

Cannot wait to be proved wrong - kk

If Misty would tell the truth, maybe we would know what happened. She's lying through her teeth for fear of repercussions from Ron.

I agree, however I don't think it is a fear of repercussions, I think it is a teach him a lesson of how to treat a woman who takes care of your children and gets no respect from you kinda thing.
I think she was either looking for a way out, or she was teaching him a lesson. Either way, Misty holds the key, and I think she is responsible.

The person who removed Haleigh from her home, the person who knows where Haleigh is right now. That is the person who bares 100% of the responsibility for Haleigh's disappearance. And for anything that has happened to her over the last 2 weeks, intentional or accidental.

If Misty wasn't in the home, she has some responsibility for child endangerment. If Ron is selling drugs out of the house his children live in and the disappearance is tied to this activity in anyway, he too needs to be charged with child endangerment (among other things). Ron also needs some instruction on choosing childcare providers. 2 kids is a lot of responsibility for a 17 y.o. day in and day out. Some might be up to it, most aren't.

I just can't see this being tied to Chrystal. If she wanted her kids back and arranged this to help get them it won't work. If she wanted her kids back; why is only Haleigh missing? Crystal had a new baby last year, after loosing 2 in court for drug charges, CPS would have been keeping a close eye on her and probably had her drug tested periodically during the pregnancy and had the baby tested at birth. Since she was allowed to leave the hospital and has custody of her new baby she is evidentially clean at this time.

Nothing about any of the primaries in this 'feels' right. Maybe they are all involved on some level, each without comparing notes with the others, to prevent implicating them self. Maybe the missing piece to the puzzle is they are all holding on to their own piece.

I have many problems with this case and to be truthful, I have no idea who took her or how they got her.
All we have are "rumors" and "past" court records. I am going to list my problems with this case.

1. Rumors about RC: Yes he had some prior arrest however he has NOT been arrested since he has had his children living with him. People do change, people do grow up. I feel that his mom is the only level headed person in this whole situation. I also think that she probably lives a clean life and maybe has helped RC to go down the right road. As for him being abusive we have only seen this when he was really upset. (Even last night when GR was in his face, we didn't see the "abusive" side of him) I refuse to hold that against him because I have said some pretty mean things when I have been upset and angry. I must add that I have NEVER been the position that RC was in that night when he called 911. Misty DOES NOT look scared of him, she looks scared of the whole situation.

2. The drug use. I am not too sure about that either. For 1 thing he works as a crane operator and I am sure that he is tested for drugs. I would imagine that in most States this is mandatory. I do know that Federal Regs. require that for any heavy equipment operator. I don't care what a 17 year old writes on her myspace or her friends, they are just being cool. I have not seen or heard any evidence of drugs being involved on that night or in fact EVER since RC has had the children.

3. The Bio Mom. First I have to say that I don't think she had anything to do with this but that's because I just think she doesn't give a dam. Sorry, I have no respect for any woman who doesn't fight to get her kids back. If that happened to me you bet I would be in the first re-hab I could find, I would get a job, I would take parenting classes, I would do anything required of me to win custody back. Nope she has Chloe and the other brats.

4. Misty. I think she is just a young woman who has had to grow up very fast. RC's mom said she was very mature for her age. As for the age difference between her and RC I see nothing big about it. All of my boyfriends were always 4-5 years older than me. The man I married is 6 years older. Most men are immature until about the age of 25. Nope not a big problem to me.

5. Unsavory characters. I haven't seen any of his friends or their rap sheets. I have seen "relatives" of Misty's and their rap sheets. I always tell the kids that I counsel "you can't choose your family but you can choose the direction your life will take." I am not really sure if "wild" parties were thrown in their home or not.

What I do know that is the everytime I have seen RC is makes it about Haleigh and makes sure that everyone knows that. I know that in all the pictures Haleigh looks like a happy healthy child. I have seen pictures of her and Misty and they really look like they like each other.

You see I don't know any of these people or what their lifestyle was before a little girl came up missing. I cannot assume anything about them. I can only take what I have seen in interviews and the little bit of information that LE has given us. I am just that kind of person. I can only go by the "facts" of this case and that is a little girl is missing and someone, somewhere knows where she is. I just wish we knew "who" that was. :frown:

:clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you for a well written, well thought out post. I agree with most of it.

I still think a female had something to do with propping open the screen door with a brick and the stories of blankets, pink shirt, the gun found in a ditch sound suspicious. The thing that I find the most suspicious of all is Misty saying that Junior was up walking out of the bedroom just as she went to sleep. This places Junior awake at some point, and now he tells of a man dressed in all black taking Haleigh away. Everyone else in this has past histories, hotheadedness, or wanting revenge, but there's nothing being told so far to put anyone else anywhere they could do something to Haleigh, not even the sexual offenders in the area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back