Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/10 - Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding this juror question:

"17. How does dissociation play into BPD? It's a technique to distance oneself from an environment that is anxiety-provoking. One of the symptoms of BPD is dissociation and paranoia."

It sounds as though this juror watched the first trial. Has dissociation even been discussed in this trial?

Geff definitely mentioned it at least once as an excuse for JA when the facts didn't fit his scripted outcome.

In Nurmi's latest motion he says that because of JA's mental illness she is unable to testify in open court. If she were decide to testify in the sir rebuttal, could Nurmi be sanctioned for lying in the motion?

It's almost impossible for lawyers to 'officially' lie. For example, the story could be something like this.... While she was able to testify in the original trial despite her mental illness, the totally unwarranted guilty verdict added a strain that put her over the edge, making her unable to do so now. If she does end up testifying or allocuting, it will be because she summoned up incredible willpower in the fight for her life against all these unfair odds. Or maybe because she made a quick and miraculous recovery. But surely her attorney isn't lying about any of it.

Case Documents

Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
2/9/2015 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 2/9/2015
2/7/2015 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 2/9/2015
NOTE: MOTION FOR MISTRIAL; PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT THAT OCCURRED DURING THE CROSS EXAMINATION OF DR. ROBERT GEFFNER (SUPPLEMENTAL RELATED TO MISCONDUCT THAT OCCURRED ON JANUARY 26, 2015)

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021
---------------------------------

MOTION FOR MISTRIAL; PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT THAT OCCURRED DURING THE CROSS EXAMINATION OF DR. ROBERT GEFFNER (SUPPLEMENTAL RELATED TO MISCONDUCT THAT OCCURRED ON JANUARY 26, 2015)

https://docs.google.com/a/wildblue.net/file/d/0ByBlLbpcgb3wd3pkN2tsRllTMUk/view

IDK, this person replied to a tweet as to why the jurors were were one on one with JSS.

It was mentioned that they wanted to make sure the jurors did not "feel sorry for him".

In hindsight, now that I think about it, I highly doubt it has anything to do with it.

But why wouldn't they 'feel sorry' for him. He lost his son in a horrible tragic accident. I certainly hope they feel sorry for him. It does not mean it should sway their opinion of the killer's sentence though.

Interesting. Could this be why the jurors were being questioned yesterday.?
https://twitter.com/BAtlinburg/statu...18805027086336

And it went Poof within seconds. Sorry. It was a video of the juror that was dimised. I believe the last name is Garcia. The clip said something about how the jurors were stunned that Arias was on the stand and something about it being discussed.
Then there was a tweet to SW about it and she said she sent the clip to the defense. This is the clip https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153610411514546&set=vb.537149545&type=2&theater

The tweet or message can be seen on the JA hashtag. It was still there the last time I looked.

But why wouldn't they 'feel sorry' for him. He lost his son in a horrible tragic accident. I certainly hope they feel sorry for him. It does not mean it should sway their opinion of the killer's sentence though.

If it was about that--and I am not convinced it was--it could be someone is concerned with how they found out about it, like did they hear it on the news, etc.

This is interesting. If you scroll down, an analysis is given for each 'expert witness' and their performance as 'experts'. The whole article is interesting, but its nice to see it written out what they did right OR wrong.

The Jodi Arias Trial, A Case Study in Experts, Witness …or Witless?
http://www.a2lc.com/blog/bid/64719/The-Jodi-Arias-Trial-A-Case-Study-in-Experts-Witness-or-Witless

That was very interesting. Juan knew exactly how to deal with all the experts exactly as described in this article.

Just watched the video with the dismissed juror. THIS is a potential problem. She said something like " we came in from lunch and everyone was gone but the defendant was on the stand...AND WE WERE ALL LIKE 'WHAT HAPPENED HERE..." :doh:

Ummmm...Nurmi is going to be all over this and scream for a mistrial

Yea. This is probably the very reason for yesterday. Time will tell. Did you see the twitter on the sidebar. It worked for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched the video with the dismissed juror. THIS is a potential problem. She said something like " we came in from lunch and everyone was gone but the defendant was on the stand...AND WE WERE ALL LIKE 'WHAT HAPPENED HERE..." :doh:

Ummmm...Nurmi is going to be all over this and scream for a mistrial

I don't see how he can be successful. Wasn't that dismissed juror a private citizen with no restrictions on her as soon as she was released from jury duty? She was not under any kind of gag order that I know of. Of course, if she was gagged and spoke anyway, that is definitely a problem. I just don't see how a private citizen can be under a gag order, though.

I seems like there might of been a discussion but I don't see how that would be harmful but who knows with this trial.

I don't see how he can be successful. Wasn't that dismissed juror a private citizen with no restrictions on her as soon as she was released from jury duty? She was not under any kind of gag order that I know of. Of course, if she was gagged and spoke anyway, that is definitely a problem. I just don't see how a private citizen can be under a gag order, though.

But the problem is what she is saying. She is making it sound like the jurors DISCUSSED the testimony of JA. And that would be a big NO NO--possibly resulting in a mistrial.

But the problem is what she is saying. She is making it sound like the jurors DISCUSSED the testimony of JA. And that would be a big NO NO--possibly resulting in a mistrial.

I didn't see the tweet. Is she the one tweeting, or is someone else tweeting what they think is going on? IIRC, even in her TV interviews she didn't give out much info...she actually said she didn't want to say more about certain subjects, in response to some questions she was asked.

If they just wondered "WTH" when they came back from break, so what? Sounds kind of normal to me. I don't think it would cause them to "discuss" her testimony.

So whose tweets are these that are saying this is what it's about??

I seems like there might of been a discussion but I don't see how that would be harmful but who knows with this trial.

The jurors are NOT ALLOWED to say anything about the trial until deliberations start. NOTHING. Can't even talk about how a witness looks or how they walk or laugh. NADA.

And this nitwit is saying they did by saying ' WE WONDERED WHAT HAPPENED.'

Geff definitely mentioned it at least once as an excuse for JA when the facts didn't fit his scripted outcome.

Surely Nurmi sought some excuse like "disassociation" from Geffner or Fonseca for JA's leaving TA's mutilated body and "grinding" Ryan B a few hours later.

The jodi Twitter account also tweeted out her condolences

It's seems like they were just puzzled. How much can they say if the hears nothing.

I didn't see the tweet. Is she the one tweeting, or is someone else tweeting what they think is going on?

No, the dismissed juror was being interviewed by a tv reporter. And she said on tv, that ' We were surprised to see her on the stand in an empty courtroom, and WE THOUGHT ' WHAT HAPPENED?'

The tweet was from a JA supporter, who sent the video to Nurmi, saying it would be helpful because it seemed to show that the jury was discussing the case...

And it does seem to show that, but who knows if she is telling an accurate story?

That is probably why they went in one by one---to be asked if they discussed the super secret testimony with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$